A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:53:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503350 times)
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #555 on: April 04, 2012, 06:19:21 pm »

Obama should stay on the teleprompter.

Really?   Teleprompter?  Individual mandate?  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:27:14 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #556 on: April 04, 2012, 06:28:47 pm »

Depending on how you interpret it

How do you interpret this?

With respect to health care, I’m actually -- continue to be confident that the Supreme Court will uphold the law. And the reason is because, in accordance with precedent out there, it’s constitutional. That's not just my opinion, by the way; that's the opinion of legal experts across the ideological spectrum, including two very conservative appellate court justices that said this wasn’t even a close case.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #557 on: April 04, 2012, 06:51:23 pm »

Really?   Teleprompter?  Individual mandate?  Roll Eyes

remember you're replying to Gaspar North...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2012, 08:12:08 am »

He’s still obsessed with Reagan, I see.  I wonder if there’s a photo of The Gipper on his dart board or bottom of his toilet.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2012, 11:36:18 am »

Oh SNAP!  Holder just recognized the duty of the Supreme Court to exercise judicial review.  "Courts have final say."

I wonder if this means President Obama will move to dissolve the Supreme Court by imperial decree?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »

Oh SNAP!  Holder just recognized the duty of the Supreme Court to exercise judicial review.  "Courts have final say."

Is your incessant need to parrot the most idiotic winger talking points you can find genetic, or is it socialization?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2012, 12:33:40 pm »

I wonder if this means President Obama will move to dissolve the Supreme Court by imperial decree?

For the judiciary, resisting this temptation is particularly important, because it's the only branch that is unelected and whose officers serve for life. Unfortunately, some judges give in to temptation and make law instead of interpreting. Such judicial lawlessness is a threat to our democracy -- and it needs to stop. (Applause.)

Who said this?

How about:

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2007/11/20071115-14.html

So this President isn't the only one to criticize the SCOTUS.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2012, 01:06:27 pm »

Is your incessant need to parrot the most idiotic winger talking points you can find genetic, or is it socialization?

Probably a bit of nature and nurture.  Perhaps I enjoy getting you all pinch-faced.
Have a sense of humor Nate.  I like to pick a bit of fun at narcissists and President Obama offers constant fodder.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »

Roll Eyes Good one, Nate. ("I need a new keyboard as I laughed so hard the carrot juice spewing from my nose stucked it up" Cheesy)

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't a certain mean streak of people been critical of Roe vs. Wade for many years? What's wrong with a President acting in the same manner? The right side of the court's been illegitimate since Bush v. Gore. Don't forget Corporations are people. Tell grandma to watch the speed limit or the police get to see her vagina.

A few more Republican Supreme Court appointments and we might as well welcome Big Brother to our homes.

Alito (62) - George "W" Bush
Roberts (57) - George "W" Bush
Thomas (63) - George H.W. Bush
Kennedy (75) - Reagan
Scalia (76) - Reagan

The High Court’s Supremely Unethical Activists

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_high_courts_supremely_unethical_activists_20120404/?ln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2012, 01:14:25 pm »

Roll Eyes Good one, Nate. ("I need a new keyboard as I laughed so hard the carrot juice spewing from my nose stucked it up" Cheesy)

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't a certain mean streak of people been critical of Roe vs. Wade for many years? What's wrong with a President acting in the same manner? The right side of the court's been illegitimate since Bush v. Gore. Don't forget Corporations are people. Tell grandma to watch the speed limit or the police get to see her vagina.

A few more Republican Supreme Court appointments and we might as well welcome Big Brother to our homes.

Alito (62) - George "W" Bush
Roberts (57) - George "W" Bush
Thomas (63) - George H.W. Bush
Kennedy (75) - Reagan
Scalia (76) - Reagan

The High Court’s Supremely Unethical Activists

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_high_courts_supremely_unethical_activists_20120404/?ln

So the SC really should be dissolved?

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2012, 01:34:00 pm »

So the SC really should be dissolved?

Skip to my Lou, Gassie. I never said that. But it's so typical these days to take something someone states and twist it, manipulate it for selfish intent. It's the rightie way of dealing with thought pattern.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2012, 01:38:13 pm »

Here's some material for a new thread about how POTUS Obama dislikes old greazy white guys who refuse women the right to belong to a men's club....I can hear it coming.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-believes-women-admitted-augusta-160833503--spt.html

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2012, 01:44:47 pm »

How do you interpret this?

I interpreted in the way he said it. He started by saying there was no precedent therefore they had no business meddling with laws passed by congress. Course, if that was the case, why would we have them anyways.

If this were passed by a state, there would be no problem in regards to the constitution. But with the federal government, it is a problem. Never has commerce been regulated in such a way, ie before it has actually occurred. Like I've said before, in my opinion it would be perfectly legal for them to dictate what kind of insurance people buy if they buy it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2012, 01:45:59 pm »

remember you're replying to Gaspar North...

Regardless of Obama's intelligence, you have got to admit he is a poor public speaker without a prompter. I haven't heard so many ums and ohs since elementary school speech class. And my teacher hated it then too.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #569 on: April 05, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »

Here's some material for a new thread about how POTUS Obama dislikes old greazy white guys who refuse women the right to belong to a men's club....I can hear it coming.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-believes-women-admitted-augusta-160833503--spt.html

Besides Melody Barnes, has President Obama allowed women to join his foursome?

I remember Clinton always used to prefer women in his threesomes.

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org