A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:14:18 pm
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503235 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #510 on: March 28, 2012, 02:09:50 pm »

It looks as if we have our answer.

How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare?  The Constitution of The United States of America

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GZSAdDF2bUo[/youtube]

If you depend on Nitwork/Cable teewee for your info, good luck coming to a reasoned decision. That's why we have SCOTUS.

I'll guess that we end up with no individual mandate but a justification for the existence of a Congress.
That's a guess and not Gas.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:37:29 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #511 on: March 28, 2012, 02:37:43 pm »

President Obama's Solicitor General, Donald Verrilli was very elegant in making his argument in front of the Supremes.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpOQtHPWSn4[/youtube]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #512 on: March 28, 2012, 02:53:35 pm »

Now that we know where this is going. . .

Lets see if we can guess who's fault it will be:

Out of touch old men on the Supreme Court
An old dried up piece of paper drafted by slave owners
Racism
Hatred of women
Congress
Bush
Tea Party
Global Warming (or whatever it is now)
Fearmongering
The Economy
Unwillingness to do what is right
Rush Limbaugh
Dick Cheney's heart surgeon  
Republicans unwillingness to work with Democraticals
The Media/Talk Radio
Donald Verrilli's teleprompter
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:56:08 pm by Gaspar » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #513 on: March 28, 2012, 02:53:39 pm »

President Obama's Solicitor General, Donald Verrilli was very elegant in making his argument in front of the Supremes.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpOQtHPWSn4[/youtube]

Theatrical approach illustrating why we need Obamacare with a feigned attack of tuberculosis or his teleprompter quit.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #514 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:36 pm »

Theatrical approach illustrating why we need Obamacare with a feigned attack of tuberculosis or his teleprompter quit.

Perhaps he's the one that got Dick Cheney's heart!

It was like that every time he spoke.  It really made you feel sorry for the guy.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2012, 02:58:54 pm »

And now for the spin. . .this is marvelous!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=abxCMSb56Hg[/youtube]

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »

Now that we know where this is going. . .

Lets see if we can guess who's fault it will be:

Out of touch old men on the Supreme Court
An old dried up piece of paper drafted by slave owners
Racism
Hatred of women
Congress
Bush
Tea Party
Global Warming (or whatever it is now)
Fearmongering
The Economy
Unwillingness to do what is right
Rush Limbaugh
Dick Cheney's heart surgeon  
Republicans unwillingness to work with Democraticals
The Media/Talk Radio
Donald Verrilli's teleprompter

WRONG AGAIN! TRY KAGAN! Wink

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »

So will this mean any big changes?

Hospitals can turn the uninsured away?

I won't have to pay higher premiums due to the uninsured?

Everyone over 18 is no longer covered by their parents?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2012, 07:06:00 pm »

And now for the spin. . .this is marvelous!

Eh, there are a fair number of lefties who have been saying for a long time now that the best thing that could happen to advance single payer (or mostly single payer, anyway) is the IM getting struck down, because it will completely screw the insurance companies and demonstrate that the individual insurance market is untenable, regardless of ideological principles.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2012, 09:14:33 pm »

If you depend on Nitwork/Cable teewee for your info, good luck coming to a reasoned decision. That's why we have SCOTUS.

I'll guess that we end up with no individual mandate but a justification for the existence of a Congress.
That's a guess and not Gas.

I honestly think the "real Republican" thing to do is allow everyone to get insurance (assist those in lower incomes).  You are not REQUIRED to have insurance, there is no fine.  However, you need your financial information accessible to either EMSA or some centralized service.  If you are in a car accident and don't have insurance then they check your money/assets to determine if you have enough money to begin life saving treatment.  Everybody has a right to life saving care.  So either everybody should be forced to pay for insurance or the above scenario should be in effect.  Just like the "joke" jpg.  But I think thats the way it should really be.  Of course you can opt out of the financial information portion as well.  Just don't expect to get to the hospital.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #520 on: March 28, 2012, 09:59:54 pm »

Why didn’t they just make Medicaid available and affordable to those who have pre-existing conditions, are between 18 & 26, or simply can’t afford insurance instead of trying to upset the entire health insurance industry?

Oh I remember, I would have some sort of unfair advantage in coverage over someone on Medicaid.  SNAP!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #521 on: March 29, 2012, 06:49:04 am »

WRONG AGAIN! TRY KAGAN! Wink

My eyes are bleeding!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #522 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:40 am »

And Scalia is sooo on top of it, that he is mocking things that aren't even there....like so much of the extremist right.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/scalia-mocks-health-care-law-cornhusker-kickback-provision-205148292.html

It's bad enough Congress passes these things without even reading the bill, but then the entity that is charged with deciding the validity of the law cannot be bothered.  If memory serves, it was Kennedy a couple days ago that was scoffing at the notion that the Court should actually read the bill to know what it is they are deciding on.  Yeah, now there is an institution worthy of all my respect....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #523 on: March 29, 2012, 08:18:58 am »

And Scalia is sooo on top of it, that he is mocking things that aren't even there....like so much of the extremist right.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/scalia-mocks-health-care-law-cornhusker-kickback-provision-205148292.html

It's bad enough Congress passes these things without even reading the bill, but then the entity that is charged with deciding the validity of the law cannot be bothered.  If memory serves, it was Kennedy a couple days ago that was scoffing at the notion that the Court should actually read the bill to know what it is they are deciding on.  Yeah, now there is an institution worthy of all my respect....

I disagree.  I think it serves to highlight the ridiculousness of 2700 page bills. 

Why didn’t the Solicitor General point out this was incorrect?  Dereliction of duty?  Why aren’t you as hard on him?

I love Scalia’s humor.  If you think the justices are supposed to be humorless or less human than the rest of us, no idea what to tell you.

From your source:

The "kickback" quip wasn't Scalia's only joke about the text of the law. At one point, the blunt-speaking justice scoffed at Kneedler's suggestion that the justices could go through the measure to decide which provisions to spare in the event that they ruled the individual mandate unconstitutional.

Scalia expressed shock: "You really want us to go through these 2,700 pages? And do you really expect the court to do that? Or do you expect us to give this function to our law clerks? Is this not totally unrealistic? That we're going to go through this enormous bill, item by item, and decide each one?"

Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia humorously invoked the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution, which forbids cruel and unusual punishments, when discussing the Obamacare legislation during oral argument today at the Supreme Court.

JUSTICE SCALIA: Mr. Kneedler, what happened to the Eighth Amendment? You really want us to go through these 2,700 pages?

(Laughter.)

JUSTICE SCALIA: And do you really expect the Court to do that? Or do you expect us to — to give this function to our law clerks?

Is this not totally unrealistic? That we are going to go through this enormous bill item by item and decide each one?

MR. KNEEDLER: Well -

http://freebeacon.com/scalia-likens-obamacare-to-cruel-and-unusual-punishment/

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #524 on: March 29, 2012, 08:29:06 am »

I disagree.  I think it serves to highlight the ridiculousness of 2700 page bills. 

Why didn’t the Solicitor General point out this was incorrect?  Dereliction of duty?  Why aren’t you as hard on him?

I love Scalia’s humor.  If you think the justices are supposed to be humorless or less human than the rest of us, no idea what to tell you.

From your source:

I honestly don't think a judge should crack jokes in a trial.  In fact, I am pretty sure if that happened in a murder trial they would get a new trial.  I don't think I should hold all Supreme Court Justices to a lesser standard.  And yes, NOBODY corrected him.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org