A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:26:33 pm
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480173 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3090 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:34 pm »

Israel seems to want to go to war with Iran. And want us to go with them.

http://time.com/5270362/israel-attacked-syria-trump-iran-deal/

They want to drop nukes and have our blessings.  We would be fools to think strategists arent working on that scenario.

...but like Rump, you can always gauge the stability of a government by the number of journalists they attack:

Israeli snipers "carefully targeted" six journalists, one dies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/palestinian-journalist-in-vest-marked-press-shot-dead-by-israeli-troops-in-gaza/2018/04/07/ac57b524-3a30-11e8-8fd2-49fe3c675a89_story.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3091 on: May 14, 2018, 01:01:36 pm »

Is civics still taught in school?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3092 on: May 14, 2018, 02:38:34 pm »

They want to drop nukes and have our blessings.  We would be fools to think strategists arent working on that scenario.

...but like Rump, you can always gauge the stability of a government by the number of journalists they attack:

Israeli snipers "carefully targeted" six journalists, one dies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/palestinian-journalist-in-vest-marked-press-shot-dead-by-israeli-troops-in-gaza/2018/04/07/ac57b524-3a30-11e8-8fd2-49fe3c675a89_story.html

55 dead in Gaza, 2,770 injured in riots and the peace process in complete ruin over a pointless Embassy move. Excellent move Trump.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3093 on: May 14, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »

Trump inexplicably comes out wanting to save jobs at a Chinese cell phone company over the weekend.

http://fortune.com/2018/05/14/china-...-donald-trump/

Today it comes out that the Chinese government is giving a $500 million loan to complete an Indonesian theme park that will include a Trump golf course and Trump owned hotels.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ect-indonesia/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3094 on: May 14, 2018, 03:48:59 pm »

Don't even bother to read replies, do ya...?   (Patric explained it all.)

The summit might actually be a thing.  If it happens.

The Obama economy does just keep on ticking - even if stock market gains have slowed quite a bit.   Will be interesting to see if wages actually do rise going forward.  Job "creation" - averaging about 163,000 per month under Trump.  Compared to the last 3 years of Obama at 250,000 in 2014, 226,000 in 2015, and 187,000 in 2016.  About where one would expect at this stage of an economic cycle.   Nothing special going on now...just more of what was happening.

Funny accounting.  I believe you were calling the first two years of Obama's regime "Bush's economy".  Most likely "Baby Bush's economy" was how you worded it.

You aren't going all Chris Matthews on us are you?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3095 on: May 14, 2018, 03:51:47 pm »

Technically she is an American citizen.  Her great-great-Grandfather is the one that should have been deported...   (Might have happened if it hadn't been for the anchor baby policy that Obama established.)

* I fully anticipate whining about how Obama wasn't born yet.

Obama did not establish anchor babies - the US Constitution started that particular little bit of stuff - it said that anyone born here is a citizen.  Somewhere in the late 1700's...

But hey, I can see how a Trump fan might not know that...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3096 on: May 14, 2018, 04:05:58 pm »

Funny accounting.  I believe you were calling the first two years of Obama's regime "Bush's economy".  Most likely "Baby Bush's economy" was how you worded it.

You aren't going all Chris Matthews on us are you?

Actually, the first 6 months or so - we were in a further deepening recession.  If Feb, 2009, Obama and Congress got a stimulus package passed for the rest of us - tax cuts and such - to the tune of about $300 - 400 billion.  (That compares to the $2.5 trillion Bush threw at the big banks in early 2008 that actually had no effect on helping the economy.)   

By about July we had already moved out of recession and started the long hard climb out of the Bushhole.   OR Baby Bush hole!!   I kinda like Bushhole, though!

Stock market went up 35% in the first year - as compared to the bragging that Trump Minions were doing a while ago about how stock market went up 25% in his first year.  And if you look at the first Obama year from the bottom of the Bushhole, it was closer to a 60% increase.  (DOW at 7,000 when inherited from Baby Bush.)

Went from 10+% unemployment to 4.8% in Obama's term.  Nice that we have come down almost another 1%.  I'm betting we won't match the Obama gains - we can't get any better than 0%.

So, yeah, the Bush economy kept going along - for about 6 months.  Then the actions taken to help it worked and we started the other direction.  As opposed to 18 months of Bush throwing money at big banks that just kept the slide going.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #3097 on: May 14, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »

Obama did not establish anchor babies - the US Constitution started that particular little bit of stuff - it said that anyone born here is a citizen.  Somewhere in the late 1700's...

And that is the best response I have anticipated all day.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3098 on: May 14, 2018, 09:54:05 pm »

55 dead in Gaza, 2,770 injured in riots and the peace process in complete ruin over a pointless Embassy move. Excellent move Trump.

Yeah. They were just drowning in peace over there. And count me as someone REALLY surprised (massive eye roll) you'd take the side of Hamas....

Chuck Schumer weighs in.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/387566-schumer-applauds-trump-on-moving-us-embassy-to-jerusalem

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TeeDub
« Reply #3099 on: May 15, 2018, 01:20:56 am »

Shut up.   He was misquoted.   As he has a "D" next to his name agreeing with anything Trump is paramount to insanity.   

Stupid Israelis with their own language and stupid looking letters.      Look at it, it can't be real.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3100 on: May 15, 2018, 07:33:34 am »

And that is the best response I have anticipated all day.

Good to see you appreciate truth and reality.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3101 on: May 15, 2018, 08:52:31 am »

Obama did not establish anchor babies - the US Constitution started that particular little bit of stuff - it said that anyone born here is a citizen.  Somewhere in the late 1700's...

Actually the 14th Amend should have prohibited this "practice" as children must be born to parents that are subject to the jurisdiction of the US. If they are still subject to the jurisdiction of say Mexico, that should invalidate the claim being made. However, the SC has yet to weigh in. So in that light, it appears that people will do what they please and read it how they want until the SC tells them otherwise.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3102 on: May 15, 2018, 09:53:39 am »

Actually the 14th Amend should have prohibited this "practice" as children must be born to parents that are subject to the jurisdiction of the US....

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

That's pretty clear. Wishful thinking doesn't make it otherwise.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3103 on: May 15, 2018, 10:15:10 am »

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

That's pretty clear. Wishful thinking doesn't make it otherwise.

It's a bit more complicated than that and you know. My main point is that "birthright citizenship" is a murky subject still. And really has yet to be truly defined, and still at this point could be changed by Congress while still not running afoul of the Constitution.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33079.pdf

On the other hand, amicus curiae (friend of
the court) briefs submitted by several interested organizations to the U.S. Supreme Court for
consideration during the case of Hamdi v. Rumsfeld117 argued, among other things, that the
Supreme Court interpretations never contemplated or intended to include the granting of
automatic citizenship by birth in the United States to persons whose parents were aliens who
entered or stayed in the United States unlawfully or who were transiently present.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:17:59 am by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3104 on: May 15, 2018, 10:25:32 am »

... the U.S. Supreme Court for consideration during the case of Hamdi v. Rumsfeld117 argued, among other things, that the Supreme Court interpretations never contemplated or intended to include the granting of automatic citizenship by birth in the United States to persons whose parents were aliens who entered or stayed in the United States unlawfully or who were transiently present.

If its a choice between second-guessing what a court might have contemplated, and a verifiable written instrument of law...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org