A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:28:15 pm
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480318 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1740 on: October 12, 2017, 07:58:40 am »

Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever! – Donald Trump this morning on Twitter of course.

85% of the island still has no power, 1/3 has no water.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1741 on: October 12, 2017, 08:38:26 am »

Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever! – Donald Trump this morning on Twitter of course.

85% of the island still has no power, 1/3 has no water.

FEMA is still in Rockport.  And Houston.  And Miami/FLA area.  As always, expect the worst from the vile and disgusting - and we will get it! 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1742 on: October 12, 2017, 11:37:53 am »

Because he's a buffoon.  And his allegation that his IQ is higher than Tillerson's?  Mensa has already offered to IQ test both men.  I bet we hear crickets from 45s camp.

An extremely dangerous buffoon with a nuclear arsenal at his fingertips.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

One former official even speculated that Kelly and Secretary of Defense James Mattis have discussed what they would do in the event Trump ordered a nuclear first strike. “Would they tackle him?” the person said. Even Trump’s most loyal backers are sowing public doubts. This morning, The Washington Post quoted longtime Trump friend Tom Barrack saying he has been “shocked” and “stunned” by Trump’s behavior.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1743 on: October 13, 2017, 08:59:25 am »

All of Trump's talk about punishing people or corporations for criticizing the government resulted in many people calling Trump a fascist.  That word gets thrown around a lot. So I did some research and pulled  some common characteristics of fascists from very basic sources so we could have an informed discussion and consider what that term really means.  According to the dictionary and encyclopedia, here are some common characteristics of fascists:

1) Hatred of Marxism and espoused love of capitalism and/or corporatism

2) Opposition to political or cultural liberalism

3) Totalitarian ambition, overt frustration with the democratic process and opposition

4) Conservative economic programs favoring the wealthy

5) Views wealth disparity as a non-issue, all classes are equal so long as citizens are militaristic and patriotic

6) Imperialist, strong countries should dominate weak ones, working with other nations or diplomacy is a sign of weakness

7) Militaristic, strong financial and vocal support for the military.  Preference towards military threats or action

8. Political rallies are very important to image.  Rallies must be viewed as large and successful. Rallies continue even after coming to power.

9) Tough guy image, a "new man" image where men of the nation should all be as tough as the leader

10) Vocal statements that the region actions are morally justified and necessary as part of a moral struggle for the soul of the nation

11) Tolerance of or preference for violence, including advocating violence against internal political opposition

12) Strongly nationalistic.  Criticism of the nation in any form is seen as subversion unless done by or with support of the regime

13) Scapegoating, instead of addressing policies things are blamed on others, often minorities,  immigrants, or comparing the regimes bad actions to bad actions of others

14) Revolutionary Image, regime tries to portray itself as new, an outsider, or of getting rid of the old tainted regime

15) Anti-urbanist, image that the base of the movement is agrarian and the way things used to be

16) Sexism and misogyny tolerated or encouraged

17) Some have acceptance of racism (this one was noted as not as universal)

18) Some have strong identification with and portrayal as defenders of their religion (this one was noted as not as universal)

19) Suppression of opposition and the media

20) Belief that the nation must come before the individual

21) Anti-intellectual, populism relying on appeals to emotion

22) Opportunistic, willing to mold some ideology or tactics in exchange for power

https://www.britannica.com/topic/fascism/Opposition-to-parliamentary-democracy
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

Fascist didn't used to be an insult.  It was a descriptor of a particular political ideology and the resulting policies and actions.  Lets not throw the word around lightly, if you want to discuss if a political candidate is a fascists, a communist, or a monarchist - at least know what it means. Or, for that matter, if you want to deny your candidate is something you should also be aware of what it actually means.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:02:06 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1744 on: October 13, 2017, 09:46:23 am »

You pretty well covered it there...  I knew he was a fascist before that, but it's good to have the checklist.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1745 on: October 13, 2017, 10:31:36 am »

Ahh, the president is a fascist (or something that ends in ist). Never heard that one before...  Grin

Gotta admit it's at least a tiny bit comical...right?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1746 on: October 13, 2017, 10:41:17 am »

Ahh, the president is a fascist (or something that ends in ist). Never heard that one before...  Grin

You can't actually say that many of those points listed above our current CiC doesn't espouse, can you?  If so you're dumber than I imagined.  It would be funny if it weren't true.

Problem is, I see a lot of Trump in that list.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1747 on: October 13, 2017, 11:13:31 am »

Actually no, it isn't comical.  It's pathetic.   

And given his well documented activities over the decades; criminal, immoral, lies, cheating, sexual molestation, and just plain old vile and disgusting - one has to wonder about the mental/moral compass of his minions.  Where do you suppose Harvey Weinstein got his training...?   Maybe you are ok with Harvey, too??

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1748 on: October 13, 2017, 11:53:15 am »

Ahh, the president is a fascist (or something that ends in ist). Never heard that one before...  Grin

I did not call Trump a fascist, I listed common characteristics of fascists regimes and asked for an informed discussion.  If you feel the list describes the President, tell us why. If you think the description does not apply to the President, tell those who have stated otherwise why you disagree with them.  

I didn't even say that fascism was a good thing or a bad thing, I just listed characteristics.  If you think fascism is something we should gravitate towards, then say so. But if the term "fascist" is offensive to you, and the person you support exhibits many fascist characteristics... its time to reconsider your opinion of one or the other.  

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1749 on: October 13, 2017, 12:17:43 pm »

The irony is apparently lost on you all...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1750 on: October 13, 2017, 04:32:10 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1751 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:15 pm »

So it looks like some of the Obamacare subsidies have been stopped. Been reading and there is a split on whether this is a good thing. All I know is thank God I got to keep my doctor and insurance plan after this went into effect as promised. And my rates and premiums went down, and I got way better coverage.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1752 on: October 14, 2017, 09:11:54 am »

After speaking to the President of the Virgin Islands:

@realDonaldTrump  ...We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1753 on: October 14, 2017, 09:58:08 am »

@realDonaldTrump  ...We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!

I guess I don't get the rub here, that seems to be a very rare logical statement by our CIC.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1754 on: October 14, 2017, 10:53:51 am »

Is the first step of FEMA when they arrive not to plan an exit strategy (ie make it where they are not necessary anymore)?

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org