A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:13:21 pm
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480279 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1680 on: September 26, 2017, 05:29:58 am »

I've also heard that arguments against straw men are an ineffective diversion. But whatever...

And just saying, but you guys make far looser connections with Trump to tie him to white hate or whatever. Obama is extremely sympathetic to organizations that are pretty anti-cop (Black Lives Matter).

And does no one recall the instigator of this whole brewhaha...

Or is this a sign of respect?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:35:08 am by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1681 on: September 26, 2017, 07:18:33 am »

In other news -

Iran pretended to launch a "successful" missile using footage of a failed missile launch last January.  Obviously this didn't fool anyone because the western media tries to verify any statements and it was easy to see the footage was the same.  Of course the US military and US intelligence immediately knew it was fake.

Only one notable person seems to have been fooled.

Iran just test-fired a Ballistic Missile capable of reaching Israel. They are also working with North Korea. Not much of an agreement we have!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/25/irans-supposed-missile-launch-was-fake-us-officials-say.html

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1682 on: September 27, 2017, 08:28:01 pm »

As if anyone needed further evidence of what a vile, disgusting person he is... Trump refuses the same kind of aid to Puerto Rico that he authorized to Harvey and Irma victims.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-refuses-send-more-195456324.html

And what comprises the vast majority of the population of Puerto Rico??  That would be Hispanics and Blacks.   Two of his favorite bigotry targets.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1683 on: September 27, 2017, 09:20:20 pm »

As if anyone needed further evidence of what a vile, disgusting person he is... Trump refuses the same kind of aid to Puerto Rico that he authorized to Harvey and Irma victims.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-refuses-send-more-195456324.html

And what comprises the vast majority of the population of Puerto Rico??  That would be Hispanics and Blacks.   Two of his favorite bigotry targets.

I don't really understand the reason for not waiving the Jones act in this case, but plenty of blacks and Hispanics were also affected by Harvey and Irma so I'm not buying the same bigotry angle as motivation for this as you are.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1684 on: September 27, 2017, 09:25:21 pm »

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/913208617318236160

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1685 on: September 28, 2017, 06:22:18 am »

One of the reasons given for the unconscionably slow response to the continuing disaster in Puerto Rico is the damage done to airports, harbors, and roads. The airports are slowly opening, but the Jones act requiring all shipping be performed on American flagged vessels is another bottleneck. Still, it's claimed there's plenty of shipping capacity but no place to land cargo.

If only some organization existed that could move that cargo from ships to, say, beaches, and then move it inland. Surely there's some entity that can do it....like the Navy and the Marines.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1686 on: September 28, 2017, 07:49:05 am »

One of the reasons given for the unconscionably slow response to the continuing disaster in Puerto Rico is the damage done to airports, harbors, and roads. The airports are slowly opening, but the Jones act requiring all shipping be performed on American flagged vessels is another bottleneck. Still, it's claimed there's plenty of shipping capacity but no place to land cargo.

If only some organization existed that could move that cargo from ships to, say, beaches, and then move it inland. Surely there's some entity that can do it....like the Navy and the Marines.

Whiny donkey brown people should handle it themselves. Those resources are needed for real Americans that don't kneel for the flag. - Trumpers
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1687 on: September 28, 2017, 09:11:41 am »

I could be wrong but I was under the impression the Jones Act only limited ships that went from one American port to another American port. In other words, would a quick stop in the Dominican not circumvent these rules?

Generally speaking the Act has played scapegoat because it is convenient and basically really difficult to prove that it does any harm. But most people (including experts) are too simple minded to consider that the alternative just ain't any better.

That all being said, there are obviously other options, ie military, that we could be utilizing here. I just think bitching about the Jones Act is political theater and ultimately meaningless.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1688 on: September 28, 2017, 10:23:11 am »

I could be wrong but I was under the impression the Jones Act only limited ships that went from one American port to another American port. In other words, would a quick stop in the Dominican not circumvent these rules?

Generally speaking the Act has played scapegoat because it is convenient and basically really difficult to prove that it does any harm. But most people (including experts) are too simple minded to consider that the alternative just ain't any better.

That all being said, there are obviously other options, ie military, that we could be utilizing here. I just think bitching about the Jones Act is political theater and ultimately meaningless.

Why is the military an other option?  Both the military and waiving of the act should have been done more than a week ago, probably before the storm made landfall.  Trump said things were going great in Puerto Rico. They weren't and they aren't and he obviously just doesn't care. His tweets sure made it seem he was more concerned with money PR owes to Wall Street than people and he's spent far more time on creating controversy in the NFL. Why is that?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1689 on: September 28, 2017, 12:03:43 pm »

Why is the military an other option?  Both the military and waiving of the act should have been done more than a week ago, probably before the storm made landfall.  Trump said things were going great in Puerto Rico. They weren't and they aren't and he obviously just doesn't care. His tweets sure made it seem he was more concerned with money PR owes to Wall Street than people and he's spent far more time on creating controversy in the NFL. Why is that?

"Great job, Brownie!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1690 on: September 29, 2017, 10:25:16 am »

Sounds like someone is suddently going to be fiscally conservative when it comes to rebuilding after a hurricane. Well, just the one that hit the mostly brown people:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
...The fact is that Puerto Rico has been destroyed by two hurricanes. Big decisions will have to be made as to the cost of its rebuilding!
4:18 AM - 29 Sep 2017
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1691 on: September 29, 2017, 02:01:07 pm »

America First!*

*Some exclusions may apply: NFL Players, Muslims, protesters (unless they are white and pro-Trump), poor urban areas, funny locker room talk, polls (except when I am up in the poll) , anyone who has criticized Trump ever, Russia, Jeff Bezos, members of Congress that don’t do what they are told, prisoners of war, ESPN, Turkish Security Forces, immigrants (unless they are hot and from Europe), anything that puts money in Trump bank accounts, Vladimir Putin, people I owe money to, the lying press, women, and of course all those brown people in American territories that may owe money to my buddies on Wall Street.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1692 on: October 02, 2017, 11:47:01 am »

I don't really understand the reason for not waiving the Jones act in this case, but plenty of blacks and Hispanics were also affected by Harvey and Irma so I'm not buying the same bigotry angle as motivation for this as you are.

That is the reason.  There are plenty of those groups affected by Harvey and Irma, but vastly more whites than PR.  Puerto Rico has under 1% (of what Trump would consider 'white').   It's also reinforced by his decades of bigotry and racism - for all of his life, actually.  This is his chance to act without impunity toward those groups, so he took it.  

Lack of understanding - goes directly to lack of knowledge of history.

Edit;
Gotta love the way the Pedophile in Chief says Puerto Rico wants "everything to be done for them...".   Just like Houston and Miami...

This is a guy who is truly concerned about the little people.  What I said still stands.  Vile.  Disgusting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-photo-stands-trump-says-021024468.html

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:39:38 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1693 on: October 02, 2017, 03:03:21 pm »

Incredibly racist - to accuse the relief efforts being slow because of those lazy Puerto Rican workers....

Next excuse...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-oliver-calls-apos-horribly-102011435.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1694 on: October 03, 2017, 02:51:08 pm »

Veja Du - all over again...

As if anyone needed further evidence of what a vile, disgusting person he still is... Trump had his lap dog, Nikki Haley, vote against the ban on death penalty for homosexuality.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-gay-sex-death-penalty-un-same-sex-relations-human-rights-council-saudi-arabia-iraq-nikki-haley-a7980981.html

Edit;  And apostasy...the extremist right wingers who claim to be all about being Christian should be up in arms about that - it means that missionaries and anyone they convert are gonna be executed.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:03:30 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org