A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:02:56 pm
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480201 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1005 on: May 16, 2017, 09:27:18 am »

Trump is expanding the Mexico City policy. I am happy today.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1006 on: May 16, 2017, 09:28:45 am »

Why is it Cosby is the only high profile sexual predator being prosecuted...?

Oh, yeah... almost forgot...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1007 on: May 16, 2017, 10:43:00 am »

So let’s check this whole timeline out.

•   Michael Flynn get a subpoena from the Grand Jury looking into the Trump Campaign’s ties to Russia

•   Then the FBI director asks for more access to prosecutors from the AG’s office and some members of congress

•   Trump fires said FBI director, at first the White House denies that it had anything to do with Russia, Trump then tweets that it did

•   Trump later that week has a scheduled meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister

•   When that meeting happens the US Press is kept out but Russian State Press is present and suddenly unannounced the Russian Ambassador to the US is present, who is widely understood to be a spy

•   WaPo releases a story that Trump in that meeting disclosed highly classified information to the Russians. Again the White House denies that ever happened but Trump again upends that story by saying he DID disclose the information.

Seriously, pancakes is going on here.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1008 on: May 16, 2017, 12:49:56 pm »

So let’s check this whole timeline out.

•   Michael Flynn get a subpoena from the Grand Jury looking into the Trump Campaign’s ties to Russia

•   Then the FBI director asks for more access to prosecutors from the AG’s office and some members of congress

•   Trump fires said FBI director, at first the White House denies that it had anything to do with Russia, Trump then tweets that it did

•   Trump later that week has a scheduled meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister

•   When that meeting happens the US Press is kept out but Russian State Press is present and suddenly unannounced the Russian Ambassador to the US is present, who is widely understood to be a spy

•   WaPo releases a story that Trump in that meeting disclosed highly classified information to the Russians. Again the White House denies that ever happened but Trump again upends that story by saying he DID disclose the information.

Seriously, pancakes is going on here.

He talked about treason a lot on the campaign.  How is that defined again?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1009 on: May 16, 2017, 03:33:50 pm »

"When the President does it, that means that it's not illegal." - Richard M. Nixon

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1010 on: May 16, 2017, 05:20:44 pm »

And now it comes out that before firing him Trump had asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn.

Boom.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1011 on: May 16, 2017, 05:39:04 pm »

And now it comes out that before firing him Trump had asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn.

Boom.

Cue the 'fake news' bleaters in 3...2...1

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1012 on: May 16, 2017, 05:40:20 pm »

It gets worse, much worse. The Comey memo reportedly was shared with DOJ, if Sessions or Rosenstien read it, and they almost have to have read it, they are both toast, complicit in firing Comey over Russia and obstruction of Justice.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1013 on: May 16, 2017, 10:24:48 pm »

It gets worse, much worse. The Comey memo reportedly was shared with DOJ, if Sessions or Rosenstien read it, and they almost have to have read it, they are both toast, complicit in firing Comey over Russia and obstruction of Justice.

I know. It gets super duper worse. I mean, Trump and others obstructed justice. Comey wrote a memo on it, and timely disclosed the contents of the memo and the conversation he memorialized to law enforcement--I mean to himself--and to Congress. He certainly would not have sat on it then disclosed it only per chance he got fired. I am sure Comey commenced an investigation of this obstruction. That's his job. But for now, it has been reported this is the memo in question.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1014 on: May 17, 2017, 07:12:58 am »

It took longer than I thought. I guess they had to get a couple of evening scotches in them to come up with their best hot take on how to defend Cheetos Jesus this time.

Sad.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1015 on: May 17, 2017, 08:09:34 am »

With the changing demographics. The Republican's being ok with lies leading us to war in Iraq. Thinking science doesn't exist or isn't real.  Calling immigrants murders and rapists.  They are going to swing the pendulum too far to the left.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1016 on: May 17, 2017, 08:47:56 am »

I know. It gets super duper worse. I mean, Trump and others obstructed justice. Comey wrote a memo on it, and timely disclosed the contents of the memo and the conversation he memorialized to law enforcement--I mean to himself--and to Congress. He certainly would not have sat on it then disclosed it only per chance he got fired. I am sure Comey commenced an investigation of this obstruction. That's his job. But for now, it has been reported this is the memo in question.

So, let's summarize - Apologist in Chief, guido, endorses, condones, defends, and supports the following actions by the Pedophile In Chief;

- Pedophilia.  As personally admitted to by the Cheetoh In Chief.

- Sexual molestation.  As also personally admitted to by same.  Hence the need for a new cabinet led by the Secretary of Pu$$y Wrangling.

- Disparaging POW's.  Even though claiming to be "all about" servicemen, both active and inactive, goes along with calling them cowards.  580 of them from VietNam era.  Even though the reality is exactly opposite.  No soldier of any war has done ANY more than a POW - in any war we have ever fought!  These are the people who even though in a position of total subjugation to their captors, with little or no power, did indeed continue to contribute to the war effort and fight back in the only way available to them - and it IS a significant effort deserving of deep appreciation and honor.  (Two things Cheetoh Boy will never understand.)  These men and women who were captured continued the fight simply by living - thereby making the enemy dedicate and use resources, no matter how meager, that would otherwise been available to direct at the non-prisoners who could fight back in a much bigger way.  Others in addition to Trump, no doubt, trivialize this as being small and of little value, but these people continued to fight for and defend the United States in the one small way they could!  Many were tortured.  Or killed.  True American Heroes ALL !!  Trivialized by a self-centered, narcissistic, "entitled poor little rich boy" Clown who isn't good enough to lick the boots of ANY of these people, let alone disparage them!

- Treason.  The US Constitution defines the crime of treason - the only crime defined in the Constitution - in part as, "...or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort..."  "Their enemies" meaning enemies of the United States.  When a President provides highly classified information to a regime, arguably unfriendly to United States interests, especially when the likely result is to put American or allies lives in danger, "aid and comfort" is being provided.

- Obstruction of justice.  Isn't there an attorney's oath for Oklahoma?  I know there is one for California, that requires a declaration to faithfully discharge the duties of an attorney* to the best of ones ability.  But can't really see that there is a requirement to have a position about defending or obeying the law...  So in the firing of Comey, the basic premise of "the ends justifies the means" would appear to apply, so Cheetoh in Chief behaviour can be rationalized and excused.

*I solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of an attorney and counselor at law to the best of my knowledge and ability.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1017 on: May 17, 2017, 09:10:33 am »

cannon,

Your post went "missing"...was that you?  Or a conspiracy ??  I thought it was a good post, but hey, whatever you want to do is ok.

I just have to reply to one portion of what you said, though...your comment, "It was ridiculous when Hillary blamed the bad press her husband got on some conspiracy as it is ridiculous for Trump to do so now."

Might be if there weren't comments and even books written about exactly that by Kenneth Starr and David Brock.  Lead attack dogs of the "Get the Clintons" movement.

"No word on how many of them think he invented the economic term "Prime the Pump.""   Lol !!  No doubt many do believe it!  The Kook-Aid is strong in Trumpeyville.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1018 on: May 17, 2017, 09:30:56 am »

The Republicans in Congress are melting down:
thehill.com/homenews/house/333752-gop-nears-total-exasperation-with-trump

And the first GOP talk about impeachment has started:
thehill.com/homenews/house/333803-first-republican-raises-impeachment-for-trump
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1019 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:34 am »

So at what point though does a POTUS asking a bureaucrat to stop an investigation actually amount to obstruction of justice or some other high crime or misdemeanor?

Last time I checked, general incompetence and a challenged IQ were not impeachable offenses.  There is little doubt Trump will make his mark as the biggest clusterf3ck to ever inhabit the White House but calls for impeachment seem a bit premature.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org