A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:32:48 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy styrofoam cups?  (Read 3704 times)
bugo
Civic Leader

« on: August 06, 2007, 11:25:15 pm »

Where in Tulsa can you buy styrofoam cups with matching lids?  Wal Mart has the cups, but not the lids.  I called several restaurant supply stores and none of them had them.
AMP
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:08:47 am »

Depending on the quanity and timing one can purchase or get cups and lids from restaurants.  At one of our racetracks the local Sonic restaurant supplies the cups for the concession stand. It is a trade out for advertising at the venue.  Not for and Non-Profits can also usually work deals for small quantities, under 500, of most of those types of supplies from large chain restaurants.  

Check with Freddies Hamburgers on that type of item.  He has three restaurants and has concessions at three State Fairs plus the Sturgis Bike Rally camp grounds. Ask who ever answers the phone at Freddies what the name is on the box of the straws they use, that is the same company that supplies their cups and lids.  It is a blue logo, I cannot recall the name.  

If you are seeking Popcorn, the Movie House kind that is yellow, go to POPCO located on North Sheridan.  They also rent/sell the popcorn kettle makers with the glass cabinets, popcorn boxes and bags.  Popcorn comes in a pre-mix bag.  Coconut oil in one side, and gormet popcorn/seasoning mix in the other side.  Cut off the top with sissors and pour into the kettle and turn on the mixer till it all pops up.  Or you can cook it up at home on top of the stove in a thick bottom pan.   Enjoy!  

http://www.popcoconcessions.com/index.html

These folks may have the cups/lids/straws also

Sysco Food Services
7489 E 46th Pl
Tulsa, OK 74145
(918) 445-7772

Logan Concession Supply Inc
326 E 1st St
Tulsa, OK 74120
(918) 582-1416

Java Dave's Executive Coffee Supply
6239 E 15th St
Tulsa, OK 74112
(918) 836-5570

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:45:52 am »

Fadler's is open to the public and I believe has both.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:39:39 pm »

Park's Distributing. Cheaper than WalMart and friendlier. Just south of the downtown Home Depot near the former craphole liquor store. Run to the small park across the street and you can probably get some crack, too!

bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 05:51:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Fadler's is open to the public and I believe has both.

I ended up going to Fadler's and they had everything I needed.  Thanks to all who responded.
DM
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 09:05:26 pm »

I hope RM does not see this thread.

*bites fingernails*
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 06:20:14 am »

Polystyrene, sometimes also called by the trademarked name StyroFoam is indeed the devil.

Up until the 1880s, even the production of styrofoam produced chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), the main culprit in creating the hole in our ozone cover. The manufacturing of styrofoam makes it the fifth largest producer of hazardous waste in America.

It is also often dumped into the environment as litter. This material is notorious for breaking up into pieces that choke animals and clog their digestive systems. Most important for me, it just represents the throw away consumer ethic.

You can find alternatives. Paper cups and paper plates can be found for about the same price.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org