A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:03:57 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ready for some downtown baseball?  (Read 6646 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 10:15:06 am »

The Sports Animal will be at Joe Mammas that day.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 10:16:27 am »

I don't think so. You guys will be missed.

This softball game is going to be fun. I think the Mayor and the Driller mascot will be there.

Spread the word.

Free hot chocolate!  Fun people!
Historic ball game!

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 12:39:20 pm »

We got commitments from the Mayor's office and from the Drillers to show up.

We need players and fans.

Spread the word!

Power is nothing till you use it.
MDepr2007
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 02:41:14 pm »

softball on a future ballpark site...lol .... what a nutty bunch and warped
momof4forJesus
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

Does anyone know how to post a new topic? It keeps telling me invalid user name when I try to post a new topic, but it will let me reply to topics??? Can you help?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 03:35:30 pm »

I'm half tempted to show up and gawk.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 03:43:50 pm »

I'll be there.  Just to say we did it. Smiley

Also glad to hear of a growing number of these sorts of crazy, spontaneous ideas centered on downtown.  People are talking about street art, renegade gardening, flashmobs, etc.  I love it!  (And, of course, more Spontaneous Acts of Bocce...)

BTW, I ran into Paul Tay the other day, and he had a great idea: a TulsaNow restaurant "crawl" in which everyone would ride their bikes from place to place.  Hop off your bike, sample an appetizer or whatever, and move on to the next restaurant.  

If we did this during the winter, we could call it the "Icicle Bicycle Festival."  I want to do it just b/c I like the name so much!  It would also be cool to do it at night...imagine how cool it would look if we had 25 or more bikes, all with bike lights and/or headlamps glowing down the streets.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 04:21:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

I'll be there.  Just to say we did it. Smiley

Also glad to hear of a growing number of these sorts of crazy, spontaneous ideas centered on downtown.  People are talking about street art, renegade gardening, flashmobs, etc.  I love it!  (And, of course, more Spontaneous Acts of Bocce...)

BTW, I ran into Paul Tay the other day, and he had a great idea: a TulsaNow restaurant "crawl" in which everyone would ride their bikes from place to place.  Hop off your bike, sample an appetizer or whatever, and move on to the next restaurant.  

If we did this during the winter, we could call it the "Icicle Bicycle Festival."  I want to do it just b/c I like the name so much!  It would also be cool to do it at night...imagine how cool it would look if we had 25 or more bikes, all with bike lights and/or headlamps glowing down the streets.

Count me in!

---Robert
pabawimo
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 04:29:52 pm »

The softball thing sounds fun. I'm new and want to meet some of you crazies.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 05:37:19 pm »

The field is mowed and marked off.

Everyone ready?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org