A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:25:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq Reverts  (Read 128603 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

Pres. spox calls the beheading of Foley a "terrorist attack". Take a look at this take.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/22/white-house-murder-of-james-foley-was-a-terrorist-attack-on-the-united-states/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2014, 11:06:07 pm »

Just thinking, but could Obama be planning something HUGE, masking his surprise by playing golf?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2014, 03:09:36 pm »

Here is an interesting article.

You don’t see a lot of people objecting to the term. They are, in an Orc-like way, almost the perfect enemy: So extreme in their methods and coldly ascetic in their vision that even fellow Islamic extremist organizations and authoritarian regimes have turned against them in revulsion. While their military success has been impressive, they have united a surprisingly wide variety of nations, factions, faiths and forces against them.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/is-islamic-state-the-best-possible-enemy/article20171956/

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2014, 11:13:33 am »

Except for one man leading the crusade. How is this any different from Nazi Germany?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736764/Marched-deaths-Sickening-ISIS-slaughter-continues-250-soldiers-captured-Syrian-airbase-stripped-led-desert-mass-execution.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2014, 03:25:06 pm »

Just thinking, but could Obama be planning something HUGE, masking his surprise by playing golf?
Well, so much for that thought. Apparently we have no strategy. So much for my Spock-ian expectation.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2014, 10:00:48 am »

Well, so much for that thought. Apparently we have no strategy. So much for my Spock-ian expectation.

He checked-out after the last election. Probably best that he say away from the White House and spend as much time as possible fundraising and vacationing.  Only 13 more weeks until he heads back to HI for his big vacation!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2014, 10:22:04 am »

He checked-out after the last election. Probably best that he say away from the White House and spend as much time as possible fundraising and vacationing.  Only 13 more weeks until he heads back to HI for his big vacation!

“Here, take care of this foreign policy sh!t, I’ve got some really important golf outings and fund raisers to attend.  For the sake of my golf game I just can’t have these distractions, Valerie.”

The lib media is even starting to beat on him about his absentee style.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2014, 11:17:48 am »

In the same breath, they point out the amount of time Bush spent away from the Oval.

Meanwhile, NPR points out the reason the US presidents get no respect internationally is largely due to the lack of respect they received domestically.

This included Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:26:50 am by Townsend » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2014, 12:13:39 pm »

“Here, take care of this foreign policy sh!t, I’ve got some really important golf outings and fund raisers to attend.  For the sake of my golf game I just can’t have these distractions, Valerie.”

At this point he is simply serving as a walking campaign ad for his previous opponents, because all of the things they warned about have either come to be or are developing exactly as they predicted.

It’s 3 a.m., and your children are safe and asleep, But there’s a phone in the White House, and it’s ringing. Something is happening in the world.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2014, 12:29:34 pm »

And today, this according to Judicial Watch:
Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued.  Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source.  “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.

If true, this would make Dick Cheney's Darth Vader's 2008 prediction about Obama come to pass as well, and make the White House look pretty foolish for giggling at Rick Perry's warnings.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

And today, this according to Judicial Watch:
Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued.  Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source.  “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.

If true, this would make Dick Cheney's Darth Vader's 2008 prediction about Obama come to pass as well, and make the White House look pretty foolish for giggling at Rick Perry's warnings.

“Where is this exactly happening?"

"Juarez is just a chip shot or five iron shot from ElPaso, depending on how the ball is lying, Mr. President.”

“Oh, well can you arrange an 8am tee time for me?"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2014, 01:33:36 pm »

Apparently David Cameron is going to step in and fill the void:
"The UK Threat Level from international terrorism has been raised to Severe. We will respond calmly and purposefully, but without compromise. On Monday, I will speak in the House on the measures we're taking to defeat extremism, protect our way of life and keep all our people safe."

Meanwhile back at the White House:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:08:51 pm by Gaspar » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2014, 03:06:13 pm »

The ODS is strong within this thread.  I'm wondering how long #beigeghazi will take to be mentioned on here by the Holy Trinity of the ODS.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2014, 04:14:32 pm »

The ODS is strong within this thread.  I'm wondering how long #beigeghazi will take to be mentioned on here by the Holy Trinity of the ODS.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »

It's like some unholy Borg entity linked by Faux News, (R) talking points, and the World Nut Daily.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org