A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:10:23 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brew Pub by the ballpark  (Read 40803 times)
davideinstein
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2016, 02:42:32 pm »

Went last Thursday for college football and on Tuesday for US Soccer. Best sports bar in town, bar none.
davideinstein
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2016, 02:45:15 pm »

I was there last Friday on the first night they were open to the public. It's a very nice sports bar with some good pizza. The prices are pretty hefty for typical pizza places in this area, but they apparently use high-quality ingredients and it tastes great. The "small" pizza size is quite a bit larger in area than you may expect, but it is a very thin fire-baked crust so it's not too filling.

The best part is that they have all the Marshall's brews on tap and enough huge TV's to be able to see every game clearly. Better than BWW's.

... but damn did they take a huge amount of space on that corner for their outdoor patio. It is very unwieldy to walk around as a pedestrian and could create a lot of havoc down the road if this turns into a truly urban area. I'm surprised there isn't a small uproar about this from the walkability/urban planning nerds?

It is a large amount of space but you can still easily walk by. TVs face outwards so that's cool.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2016, 09:49:51 am »

It is a large amount of space but you can still easily walk by. TVs face outwards so that's cool.

I agree, very easy to walk by. Maybe a bit awkward at first, having been open for so many years. Really wide sidewalks there and 8 feet plus around it.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2016, 09:52:09 am »

Went last Thursday for college football and on Tuesday for US Soccer. Best sports bar in town, bar none.

I agree! Great game atmosphere, especially during big games. It is fantastic place to watch a game or many with all of those screens.

I love the huge windows and the way it creates a frame for the ballpark. Perfect timing, opening on the first day of the college football season last Thursday.

Also, Pizza is delicious although it was a bit soggy at the middle.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2016, 09:56:43 am »

I went last night for the first NFL game of the year.

The staff and crowd mostly cheered for Denver. They all seemed very football smart and I talked fantasy football with many of them.

I was impressed with the menu. The best was that I got a Theta burger and my side order was two buffalo wings.

I will be going back to watch football often.

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2016, 08:10:51 pm »

I went last night for the first NFL game of the year.

The staff and crowd mostly cheered for Denver. They all seemed very football smart and I talked fantasy football with many of them.

I was impressed with the menu. The best was that I got a Theta burger and my side order was two buffalo wings.

I will be going back to watch football often.

No Panthers fans there. I know all five of them in Tulsa.

Cheesy
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2016, 01:32:07 pm »

Pizza crust is great, Chef Tack did a good job with the menu, but I wish there were wings of some sort.
The space is very nice, comfortable, there is a TV everywhere you look.
Much Marshall's on tap, they are not brewing on site as yet.

So when they do brew on site it has to be 3.2 but they can sell whatever they want on tap as long as they go through the 3 tier system?
Eric Marshall has to buy his own beer from someone else (Central Liquor) to sell in his own tap? Our laws are so dumb.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 02:22:35 pm »

Pizza crust is great, Chef Tack did a good job with the menu, but I wish there were wings of some sort.

So when they do brew on site it has to be 3.2 but they can sell whatever they want on tap as long as they go through the 3 tier system?
Eric Marshall has to buy his own beer from someone else (Central Liquor) to sell in his own tap? Our laws are so dumb.

I thought that now changed and they should be able to brew and distribute strong beer on-site or is it different for a brew pub?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2016, 02:50:08 pm »

There were wings there when I went the first time and I ordered them. Did they remove them from the menu?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 10:54:13 am »

I guess I missed them.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 10:54:49 am »

I thought that now changed and they should be able to brew and distribute strong beer on-site or is it different for a brew pub?

As per conversation with Eric, they have to brew low point beer in this location.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 11:35:44 am »

As per conversation with Eric, they have to brew low point beer in this location.

The law went into effect just a couple of weeks ago.  They should just need to obtain a brewers license. 
joiei
City Father

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 07:57:04 pm »

I guess I missed them.
They are listed at the bottom of the menu page. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2016, 10:36:33 pm »

Does he also still tell bartenders that expired drivers license arent valid ID for determining legal drinking age?

Trust, but verify.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2016, 08:05:36 am »

They don't have to tell the bartenders that.  That's one of the ways that ABLE tries to catch the bartenders.  So they should all know about the expired license thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org