A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:42:19 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brew Pub by the ballpark  (Read 40543 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 09:28:28 am »

I'm pretty sure they can still serve regular beers that they've purchased through wholesale/distributors.  They just can't serve anything that was brewed on-site directly unless it's 3.2 or below.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 09:34:34 am »

Anyone know if the Hicktown Brewery which opened in Owasso brews on site or do they even serve any of Hicktown’s beers?

Traditional stouts and porters are a lower ABV, so even a 3.2% by weight (4.0 ABV) version isn’t that far off the mark when many porters and stouts are in the 4.5 to 5% ABV range.  Guiness is listed on various sites as between 4.0 to 4.3 ABV as an example.  APA is another style which lends itself to a good session beer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 10:25:21 am »

I'm pretty sure they can still serve regular beers that they've purchased through wholesale/distributors.  They just can't serve anything that was brewed on-site directly unless it's 3.2 or below.

They can so long as they have a liquor license.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 10:46:08 am »

Where’s it located in Springdale, just so I know when we head over that way.

Don’t forget to get growler fills at the Ozark Beer brewery in Rogers.  They are doing some great things there!

Didn't make it Ozark Beer when I was in NWA recently.  Did make Saddlebock Brewery, Core Brewing & Distilling and Apple Blossom Brewing Company.  All were good.  My favorite was probably Apple Blossom.  It is actually a brew pub and the only place you can buy their beers.  The food was very good.  Core was my least favorite beer, but my favorite atmosphere.  Had a great time with the crew and enjoyed several highly competitive games of ping pong.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 10:57:44 am »

Didn't make it Ozark Beer when I was in NWA recently.  Did make Saddlebock Brewery, Core Brewing & Distilling and Apple Blossom Brewing Company.  All were good.  My favorite was probably Apple Blossom.  It is actually a brew pub and the only place you can buy their beers.  The food was very good.  Core was my least favorite beer, but my favorite atmosphere.  Had a great time with the crew and enjoyed several highly competitive games of ping pong.

We are heading over to ride our mountain bikes at Hobbs on Sunday, will have to keep those places in mind.  Also requires a stop at AQ Chicken House.  Best fried chicken I’ve had aside from my wife’s.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 11:11:22 am »

Agreed.

Joe Momma's and/or Fassler have kind of been the de facto "sports bars" downtown.  I hope they really do make this place a real dedicated sports bar, with tons of large TVs, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc.

Those places do an okay job but mostly for single events like Thunder games or the World Cup where everyone is watching the same thing.  Otherwise, their TV's are just kind of background.  I like the idea of a dedicated sports bar where anyone can see any game they want and have enough TV's to accommodate single requests, such as a Boston fan wanting to see a Sox game, or in my case, wanting to see a Dallas Mavericks game while an OKC game is also on.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 10:10:35 pm »

Interesting. Exciting project.
Didn't think the Oklahoma statutes would allow for a "mixed bev/strong beer/caterer lic" to be granted if any of the owners had lic to manufacture or distribute booze...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 09:02:17 am »

Those places do an okay job but mostly for single events like Thunder games or the World Cup where everyone is watching the same thing.  Otherwise, their TV's are just kind of background.  I like the idea of a dedicated sports bar where anyone can see any game they want and have enough TV's to accommodate single requests, such as a Boston fan wanting to see a Sox game, or in my case, wanting to see a Dallas Mavericks game while an OKC game is also on.

Yeah that's what I meant... those to places kind of fill the void because there is no real "dedicated" sports bar downtown...

That's why I'm hoping they do it right and have lots of large TVs to accommodate exactly what you're talking about.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 10:21:23 am »

Didn't think the Oklahoma statutes would allow for a "mixed bev/strong beer/caterer lic" to be granted if any of the owners had lic to manufacture or distribute booze...

a brewpub is different from a manufacturing facility. Different rules.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 01:46:15 pm »

Good to see you bruno
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 09:18:19 am »

a brewpub is different from a manufacturing facility. Different rules.
A liquor lic is a liquor lic. It's either a high point/mixed bev or a low point city lic. Doesn't matter if it's a bar or restaurant. It's all the same as far as able is concerned. Now, there are different rules about abv and selling on site, as well as forcing you to sell to and buy back from a distributor for high abv but again, still requires a mix bev caterers lic. To get one, all of the owners of a corp have to be listed and all of the lic they own have to be disclosed, in particular if any owners have a distributors or manufacturers lic, they can't own the company nor can they be on the mixed bev lic. I could be wrong. Lord knows, I have been before but I've been through this with attys, business partners and able. They see it as a potential way to skirt the distribution regs. That's why they won't allow it. Now, I'm certain Elliot's boys are al over it but I'm perplexed as to how they jumped through the hoops. I've seen people utilize family members as shills and shell companies to get around it but it never seemed worth the risk.

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 09:31:29 am »

Good to see you bruno
I've been lurking.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »

I got an email today from Elgin Park Brewery stating they are now open.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2016, 01:29:08 pm »

I was there last Friday on the first night they were open to the public. It's a very nice sports bar with some good pizza. The prices are pretty hefty for typical pizza places in this area, but they apparently use high-quality ingredients and it tastes great. The "small" pizza size is quite a bit larger in area than you may expect, but it is a very thin fire-baked crust so it's not too filling.

The best part is that they have all the Marshall's brews on tap and enough huge TV's to be able to see every game clearly. Better than BWW's.

... but damn did they take a huge amount of space on that corner for their outdoor patio. It is very unwieldy to walk around as a pedestrian and could create a lot of havoc down the road if this turns into a truly urban area. I'm surprised there isn't a small uproar about this from the walkability/urban planning nerds?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:31:18 pm by shavethewhales » Logged
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 01:57:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure that was one of the 'final straws' that led to the whole moratorium debacle in recent weeks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org