A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:11:26 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No AC  (Read 16008 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »

NSFW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q147AzkU_DI[/youtube]

NSFW

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

It is my understanding the the issue with the AC was no big deal last night.
The suites and the upper part of the arena had AC.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 01:46:12 pm »

It is my understanding the the issue with the AC was no big deal last night.
The suites and the upper part of the arena had AC.
There were some complaints, but it didn't seem too bad when I was out, but I was only on the floor.  The air was shut off before cool and the gang came on.  And no, there was not air blowing onto the stage, Roth was sweating pretty bad.  The air was on in the building, just not in the arena area.  In fact, it was down right chilly backstage (or so others were complaining, I guess I don't notice a little cool and a little warm like others do).
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

NSFW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q147AzkU_DI[/youtube]

NSFW

What a bucking clown.  Out of all the other rock and pop acts, have you ever heard of anyone else’s voice getting “foobared up by the cold air”?  From the sounds of this video, he didn’t need any help in terms of messing up his voice.

Still a head case after all these years. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 02:47:25 pm »

What a bucking clown.  Out of all the other rock and pop acts, have you ever heard of anyone else’s voice getting “foobared up by the cold air”?  From the sounds of this video, he didn’t need any help in terms of messing up his voice.

Still a head case after all these years. 
he really is an "interesting character."  He was originally supposed to stay at the Renaissance hotel (he wanted a place away from the venue) and they canceled when they showed up, he said it was too close to the highway.  They still ended up having to pay for the rooms because of the timing.  They finally decided on the third hotel they went to, Wyndam, and booked it online in the parking lot.  Roth still stayed in his bus in the parking lot instead of a room.  His bus came to the venue right before the show, though I think he came in a limo.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 02:58:32 pm »

he really is an "interesting character."  He was originally supposed to stay at the Renaissance hotel (he wanted a place away from the venue) and they canceled when they showed up, he said it was too close to the highway.  They still ended up having to pay for the rooms because of the timing.  They finally decided on the third hotel they went to, Wyndam, and booked it online in the parking lot.  Roth still stayed in his bus in the parking lot instead of a room.  His bus came to the venue right before the show, though I think he came in a limo.

Now that's strange for a major act....except staying on the bus. What chumps...Conan, I'd thought you'd be in there supporting the overhead with Mrs. Conan. BTW, she needs to keep her head down around all the misogyny here at TNF. Of course, if she can hold common ground with you then I'm certain she can stomach what gets dished out around here. She's voting for the war on women?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »

Now that's strange for a major act....except staying on the bus. What chumps...
Where you being sarcastic here?  So many of them seem to have some strange demand or another. McCartney (I think that's who but not for sure) is a vegan and demanded no meat be eaten while he was there (no one on his crew is allowed to eat meat, though they sneak off after shows to do so) and that all leather be removed from the venue.  Leather couches and what not were well hidden.  Lady Gaga had some kind of IV drip cocktail before going on stage and had to be driven from her bus (parked just outside the doors) to inside the venue up to the stage entrance.  Those are just some of the more bizarre requests that I've seen, but many have this kind of attitude.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 03:29:45 pm »

Your right cus. Van Halen is famous for wanting a bowl of M&Ms with the brown ones removed.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »

Where you being sarcastic here?  So many of them seem to have some strange demand or another. McCartney (I think that's who but not for sure) is a vegan and demanded no meat be eaten while he was there (no one on his crew is allowed to eat meat, though they sneak off after shows to do so) and that all leather be removed from the venue.  Leather couches and what not were well hidden.  Lady Gaga had some kind of IV drip cocktail before going on stage and had to be driven from her bus (parked just outside the doors) to inside the venue up to the stage entrance.  Those are just some of the more bizarre requests that I've seen, but many have this kind of attitude.

It's strange for a major act to bounce around town seeking a hotel.... where was their advance team, Mondo's?

it's "were"....I'm thinking you and Bob are one in the same.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 03:50:15 pm »

Your right cus. Van Halen is famous for wanting a bowl of M&Ms with the brown ones removed.

"You're".... Van Halen sux, today.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »

It's strange for a major act to bounce around town seeking a hotel.... where was their advance team, Mondo's?

it's "were"....I'm thinking you and Bob are one in the same.
Meh, typos happen.  But it's nice to know that the internet is paving the way for all of the future editors out there.  And from what I've seen, most acts don't have "advance teams." They make the arrangements from wherever they are.  The bouncing was from his eccentricities, and an advanced team wouldn't have mattered since it was him deciding which one was "right" for him.  There was even something mentioned about a field, though not exactly sure what that had to do with any of it. 
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 04:22:08 pm »

"You're".... Van Halen sux, today.

Would "You Are" have counted Teacher ?

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 04:22:25 pm »

I was wondering which group it was that did that, but I did't think it was VH, but given DLR's flamboyant tenancies, I could see it
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 04:23:21 pm »

Would "You Are" have counted Teacher ?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 04:27:37 pm »

Awesome. Very funny cus.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org