A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:31:44 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawsuit Over Movie Snack Prices  (Read 3227 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: March 05, 2012, 11:04:40 pm »

Not much of a fan for "statement" lawsuits, but this one got my attention. I've been hitting the theaters often recently and I get how some feel $4.50 for small popcorn is ridiculous.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120304/NEWS06/203040519/Filmgoer-takes-stand-on-costly-snacks-sues-AMC-Livonia-theater

Also made mention of this for those tired of the "vaginal mesh" lawsuits seen every day on TV.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:06:26 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:12:40 pm »

We always stop by a Walgreens and fill the wife's purse with snacks, soda, beer, and sometimes a footlong sub or two before heading out to the theater.

Yeah, we're those folks.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:02 pm »

I prefer to have a beer/cocktail next to me.

I'll start complaining about prices when I step back into a theater.  A theater with booze and over 21 age restriction.

Until then, I'll find my entertainment elsewhere.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »

I used to go to a theater in PA that took out every other row of seats.  They encouraged patrons to show up with a cooler and food for family nights.  It was fun...maybe a little noisy...but still fun.  I think I went through a six pack while watching "Reds" in there.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 10:22:16 am »

I used to go to a theater in PA that took out every other row of seats.  They encouraged patrons to show up with a cooler and food for family nights.  It was fun...maybe a little noisy...but still fun.  I think I went through a six pack while watching "Reds" in there.

Eton Square took out every other row. While you're not "allowed" to bring anything in, they are very short staffed. Also, they have very cheap concessions.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 01:53:57 pm »

I love movie popcorn and pop, but they have definitely reached my threshold of irritation - I just don't buy it anymore.  No lawsuit, just market forces at work - that's what free enterprise is all about.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 02:07:12 pm »

I'll start complaining about prices when I step back into a theater.  A theater with booze and over 21 age restriction.

Yeah, those are the only theaters I go to. Being a lazy Oklahoman, I prefer the ones where they serve you at your seat. Wink

Needless to say, I don't see films in theaters often. I think the last one was over a year ago in Florida. (Palace 20 in Boca; it's actually pretty nice for now being owned by Cinemark) Before that I think it was 3 or 4 years ago in Columbus, where they have several "drinking" theaters. Arena Grand, Easton Town Center, and the arthouse theater whose name I can't remember all have, or had at the time, beer and cocktails available.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org