A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:22:03 am
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1490072 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3060 on: May 09, 2018, 05:35:15 pm »

I don't understand why this agreement was dropped, other than Trump's circular logic that it's a bad deal because it's a bad deal. Has he offered any reasons, any facts at all?

Iran would have had unrestricted nuclear development capability in 2030. Trump has given them that now. How is that better?

Obviously to a sane, thinking person, it is not.  But that is also not what we are experiencing here.

I work with a guy who is Marine reserve.  He is typical gung-ho with a double dose of caffeine!  There seems to be a difference now from the Marine friends and relatives I have that is not an improvement - the overall attitude is even more aggressive and there is the overtly expressed desire to 'hurry up' and let's get the war started - soon!   He spent a few weeks of special training in Korea about year ago and came back amped up even more.  To all appearances, he actually believes that we can take care of N Korea, Iran, and finish up Afghanistan in just a few months without getting our nose bloodied.  That is stupid, but it is also something that I don't really have words for or know what to think about.  It is NOT a good thing!

He has a couple brothers who are active duty and have had combat deployments (1 Marine, 1 Army) - they have killed people - and they are not quite so 'enthusiastic'.   He sees that as a sign of weakness in his brothers...I think he is suffering from a delusion or two (little brother syndrome gone crazy??) ...his one deployment was in a rear area (Kuwait) in charge of shipping beans and bullets.  

Granddaughter is getting the same amped-up hype in preparation for deployment late this year or early next year.

Trump is bound and determined to get his war!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3061 on: May 09, 2018, 10:35:29 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3062 on: May 10, 2018, 01:38:52 am »

Awesome to see the return of those three American hostages from North Korea tonight, looking healthy and beaming with joy to be home. Still, can't help to feel sad for the Wambier family. They never got that homecoming the families of these men will have.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3063 on: May 10, 2018, 04:45:44 am »

It was always a bad deal.  I can't offer specifics, it just was.

That's Trump's argument too, but we should expect more from the CinC. Facts and details matter. Can anyone cite an article that backs him?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3064 on: May 10, 2018, 06:45:23 am »

That's Trump's argument too, but we should expect more from the CinC. Facts and details matter. Can anyone cite an article that backs him?

I believe C was being facetious in his response.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TeeDub
« Reply #3065 on: May 10, 2018, 07:27:07 am »

Iran would have had unrestricted nuclear development capability in 2030. Trump has given them that now. How is that better?

It is my understanding that they (Iran) are trying to keep the deal in place with Europe.   That would mean that they have to honor the existing deal and potentially now would have to offer more concessions to get the US back to the table.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:41:05 am by TeeDub » Logged
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3066 on: May 10, 2018, 07:38:07 am »

I believe C was being facetious in his response.  Smiley

I'm not at my best at 5AM.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3067 on: May 10, 2018, 08:30:05 am »

Probably the best we are likely to get...even though she is a criminal under US law and a war criminal under international law.

Shame she can't answer a simple yes/no question.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3068 on: May 10, 2018, 06:13:56 pm »

I'm not at my best at 5AM.

I've heard as much.  Neither am I.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3069 on: May 10, 2018, 08:26:03 pm »

Fake Fox News... of course.  Everything we have come to expect and less!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-business-guest-defends-torture-190037204.html

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3070 on: May 11, 2018, 12:03:24 pm »

Fake Fox News... of course.  Everything we have come to expect and less!

Chokeholds, Waffle House and Brutality in the Age of Trump
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/outrage-video-shows-police-officer-choking-black-man-tuxedo-waffle-n873351

https://patch.com/georgia/alpharetta/cop-caught-camera-cursing-manhandling-elderly-woman

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #3071 on: May 11, 2018, 12:37:25 pm »

Yup.   No police brutality before Trump...  What a turn around.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3072 on: May 11, 2018, 03:21:37 pm »

Certainly there was, but this administration pointedly doesn't give a crap about it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/jeff-sessions-blind-eye/521946/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3073 on: May 11, 2018, 03:46:55 pm »

He encourages it.   Or did you miss all his townhalls and campaign speeches...?? 

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3074 on: May 11, 2018, 09:16:07 pm »

He encourages it.   Or did you miss all his townhalls and campaign speeches...?? 

There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall
That one looks Jewish!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint!
And another with spots!
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot!

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org