A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:00:36 pm
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1489848 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1215 on: June 02, 2017, 11:41:45 am »

Overall, the system is a historic oddity.  I'm not sure it has entirely outlived its usefulness, but I think a conversation about it is worthwhile.  Currently, the Republicans won't want to see a change because they perceive it as helping them (and historically, the Republicans are 4/4 on winning the Presidency and losing the popular vote.  Democrats have never done it).  So as a practical matter, it isn't going to change anytime soon. And that's OK, messing with a basic tenant of our nation shouldn't be something done quickly.

Came close in 1960.  Kennedy barely got the popular vote (about 100,000) but big difference in electoral.  I think that one was the closest for Dems to do that.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1216 on: June 02, 2017, 11:42:21 am »

Sean Spicer and Scott Pruitt are about to explain climate change to reporters at the White House.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1217 on: June 02, 2017, 11:42:48 am »

Here comes Scott Pruitt to the Podium
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1218 on: June 02, 2017, 12:50:23 pm »

What? Inhofe wasn't available with some snowballs? How did we go from "best and brightest" to "dumb and dumber"?

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1219 on: June 02, 2017, 01:03:41 pm »

So...there was this item from this morning...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN18T1WZ

Really?  Block him from testifying?  Might as well just admit it outright that it happened.

Unbel...well, not really, coming from this administration.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1220 on: June 02, 2017, 01:34:51 pm »

So highly speculative but let's go with this what if.

If Comey testifies before Congress that he felt pressured by Trump to drop the investigation, does this not put Comey in a pretty compromising position? I mean, a US President interfered with an investigation which he then should have reported at least to the Justice Department...by law, let alone the fact that this would directly contradict previous (active) FBI officials testimony under oath that the administration has done nothing to hinder the investigation. Seems to me that would be a rather unpleasant position to be in.

And how in the heck do all these people know what Comey is going to say?

And Mueller allowing this to happen is to me indication that he probably isn't finding anything on this front and has moved on to Kushner (where there probably is something, just not tied to Trump necessarily). I mean somebody has got to get pinned for something or this will totally look like a giant snipe hunt.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1221 on: June 02, 2017, 01:36:27 pm »

If Comey testifies before Congress that he felt pressured by Trump to drop the investigation, does this not put Comey in a pretty compromising position? I mean, a US President interfered with an investigation which he then should have reported at least to the Justice Department...by law, let alone the fact that this would directly contradict previous (active) FBI officials testimony under oath that the administration has done nothing to hinder the investigation. Seems to me that would be a rather unpleasant position to be in.

And how in the heck do all these people know what Comey is going to say?

And Mueller allowing this to happen is to me indication that he probably isn't finding anything on this front and has moved on to Kushner (where there probably is something, just not tied to Trump necessarily). I mean somebody has got to get pinned for something or this will totally look like a giant snipe hunt.

Hmm....I wonder when the last snipe hunt was....I believe it started with a 'B' and ended with 'enghazi'....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1222 on: June 02, 2017, 01:43:16 pm »

Hmm....I wonder when the last snipe hunt was....I believe it started with a 'B' and ended with 'enghazi'....

This is how politicians think. That's all I'm saying. Heads must roll or it will look like they were hired for nothing. Every president has had to deal with it. It never (well, rarely) actually reaches the president but someone always takes the sword. That was my only point.

Now, any opinion on my hypothetical?

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1223 on: June 02, 2017, 01:48:35 pm »

You mean the one where Clinton deleted all the emails, but wasn't guilty. Yeah, I got it.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1224 on: June 02, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »

Why do you bother with this one. He draws inferences from which media reports what story as if that has some magical meaning. Besides which there are so few with fertile minds around here, no use trying to fertilize the sterile ones. Speaking of having some minds change...Florida may be getting some reality weather this summer and fall. Natural catastrophe's will be the undoing of the orange one, not human ones.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1225 on: June 02, 2017, 03:09:35 pm »

You mean the one where Clinton deleted all the emails, but wasn't guilty. Yeah, I got it.

Lol.... so much tunnel vision packed into one compact package...

What say you about the 22 million emails that Baby Bush deleted from HIS private server that he used during his time staining the office of the Presidency?  No biggie you say...??  Exactly the response one would expect...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1226 on: June 02, 2017, 03:25:22 pm »

What say you about the 22 million emails that Baby Bush deleted from HIS private server that he used during his time staining the office of the Presidency?  No biggie you say...??  Exactly the response one would expect...

I was gonna mention the same but thought I should let him bask in that one for a bit.  Quid...meet pro quo.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1227 on: June 02, 2017, 06:06:55 pm »

From the same bunch that "can't stand" when someone points out others bad behavior to justify their own guy's/girl's bad behavior. Rich.

Way to ignore the question guys. I didn't bring Clinton into it by the way. That was your self righteousness.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1228 on: June 02, 2017, 06:07:52 pm »

It's amazing how many of you have the exact same deflection package. Is it available at Wal-Mart. Oh wait, that's not snooty enough for this crowd. Maybe Trader Joe's.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1229 on: June 02, 2017, 06:08:28 pm »

I know it's a repost but here goes again:

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org