A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:51:37 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Until Joe Momma's opens...  (Read 18731 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 06:38:26 am »

I'll go when they start making good pizza..the last one I had tasted like cardboard...had no toppings and the staff(of high school kids) was rude to me when I tried to complain about it..never have been back...maybe they have changed things..who knows....
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 10:18:55 am »

Zstyles,

As I was clearly not at the restaurant when you had your negative experience, I was not able to personally apologize to you then about our failure to meet your expectations.

I'm constantly working with my staff to teach them the value of caring for our customers and of doing absolutely anything to have them leave happy. If you voiced a displeasure about a pizza, strong efforts should've been made to remedy the situation.

While we are not always perfect at Joe Mommma's, we do realize the value of building great relationships with our guests and will continue to make efforts to provide exceptional service and enjoyable food.

Please accept my apologies on behalf on the entire restaurant and its employees. I will mention this thread to the staff as a way of reminding them again about the potential damage that even one customer having a bad experience can cause.

As we try to grow our company, we will continue to strive for excellence both in our service and in our menu offerings. Please allow me to offer you a complimentary pizza. I'd love for you to give us a second chance to make a great impression. I think you'll find that our pizza, when made correctly, tends to be light and bready and that it in no way tastes like cardboard. My teen-age employees tend to be friendly and efficient and I'm typically proud of the service that they offer. Again, I'd love another chance to impress you.

Thank you
Blake Ewing

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 10:32:13 am »

Blake, I'm impressed with your customer service skills... especially your willingness to so openly address concerns in a public forum such as this. I haven't eaten at your establishment out south, but your posts bode well for your new venture. I'm a shameless cheerleader for any small business downtown, but I'll be pulling for you all the more.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 10:54:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake
5. Eating out at local restaurants feeds money back in to the local economy which serves to pay for things like road maintenance. Therefore, next time you drive across a pot-hole, think to yourself, "I should eat out more, especially at local restaurants."

6. Sometimes it's good for a person's reputation for them to be seen at popular and trendy eating establishments. Trust me when I tell you that eating at Joe Momma's does amazing things for your personal life that eating at home simply can't do.

Ha!  Now I can justify eating pizza as not only my civic duty, but as a career advancement strategy! [Smiley]

I'm already seeing the Joe Mamma Pizza T-Shirts and bumper stickers:  "Pizza, not potholes!"  (The best-tasting economic development strategy since sliced bread.)
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 11:07:05 am »

Joe,

I appreciate that. After I posted that I thought that maybe I should've just PM'd it. Then I thought...nah. Most people understand that every business in the world has bad moments. My hope is that those bad moments are rare and that they don't define us. When they are brought to my attention, the best thing I can do is respond quickly and fairly and then trust that our product and service is good enough for us to make a different impression the second time around.

Seeing as how our business continues to grow and that I get far more positive reviews than negative, I'm comfortable that if we get a second chance, we'll hit it out of the park. Our pizza is light and bready and is far from cardboard. You may not like the sauce, the toppings, the music playing in the restaurant, etc, but our hand-tossed crust is not thin and dry and hard. It's the exact opposite, in fact. If we screw it up, it tends to be on the side of it being too floppy, not too rigid.

Restaurants are tough and there are none with a perfect track record. There's no other business in the world that primarily employs young people, does its manufacturing in house, and competes with thousands of other similar businesses just blocks away. There are so many places that something can go wrong. We do our best to be great at every level, but as we continue to grow, we'll continue to have growing pains. The key is to minimize them and to hope that people who have a less than stellar experience are gracious and understanding and that they give us the chance to fix it before telling too many others about it.

Of course when we open downtown, we'll have it all figured out by then and we'll never have a complaint of any kind...[Smiley]

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 11:11:12 am »

quote:
I'm already seeing the Joe Mamma Pizza T-Shirts and bumper stickers: "Pizza, not potholes!" (The best-tasting economic development strategy since sliced bread.)

I don't know if you've seen it but we've made a couple of ridiculous commercials. You can find them online if you look. My thought for my next one is something exactly like what you just posted....my thought, however, did not include the  "pizza, not potholes" slogan....but it might just have to. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

- Daniel Burnham

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 11:40:29 am »

quote:

quote:
I'm already seeing the Joe Mamma Pizza T-Shirts and bumper stickers: "Pizza, not potholes!" (The best-tasting economic development strategy since sliced bread.)

I don't know if you've seen it but we've made a couple of ridiculous commercials. You can find them online if you look. My thought for my next one is something exactly like what you just posted....my thought, however, did not include the  "pizza, not potholes" slogan....but it might just have to. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

It would be wasting a perfectly good pizza, but you could always fill a pothole with one.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 08:17:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

quote:

It would be wasting a perfectly good pizza, but you could always fill a pothole with one.

Agreed about being used to fill a pothole....

jackbristow
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 09:36:08 am »

quote:
Originally posted by zstyles

Agreed about being used to fill a pothole....

Wow. zstyles is a jerk!

Blake took all that time to address your concern and that is your response?Huh

unbelieveably classless move there zstyles
safetyguy
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 09:48:46 am »

Zstyles probably warranted the service that he got!! If you treat people like crap, they will return the favor!!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 09:55:00 am »

That was pretty douchey.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2008, 03:01:42 pm »

+1
joiei
City Father

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 04:07:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

You people need to learn how to cook and entertain at home.  Joe Momma Restaurant? I have no idea about this place, nor do I care to.  For $5, you can buy an excellent frozen pizza that would cost 3X that amount at a restaurant, in house or delivered.  Spaghetti, lasagne, pizza, it is all so easy to make at home for half the price of any restaurant in town.  One can make excellent marinara sauce with canned tomatoes and the proper herbs, dried or otherwise, and this is the basis for many great Italian foods.

When it comes to pizza or Italian, I always will entertain at home, much cheaper and much better.  When I eat out, I want something I would normally not make at home, so that excludes Italian.

Steve, since you will not be crowding up the place, that means the rest of us will be able to get a table that much faster.  I am definitely going.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 10:33:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

Zstyles probably warranted the service that he got!! If you treat people like crap, they will return the favor!!

I can tell you have had no customer service experience or employees to train.....

You are saying if the customer is a jerk...that you should be a jerk back? Obviously you don't run your own company.

I am sure there are "Joe Heads" here who are passionate about this company...and want the little guy to be successful..but unfortunately if there are training issues they should be corrected and if they have I applaud...but in an industry that is highly competitive issues and customer service are not mandated on the customers "attitude".

No customer warrants bad customer service..and to be honest I felt "Blakes response" was a little sarcastic to be honest with you...I will not be using his pizza for our company events, personal or recommend anyone to his establishment...strike one he is out..there are more players in Tulsa that we will try and use. End of story....
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 10:55:16 am »

quote:
Originally posted by zstylesNo customer warrants bad customer service..and to be honest I felt "Blakes response" was a little sarcastic to be honest with you...I will not be using his pizza for our company events, personal or recommend anyone to his establishment...strike one he is out..there are more players in Tulsa that we will try and use. End of story....

Wow!  That's hilarious.  Just goes to show the hurdles in the food service industry--there are folks out there who will perceive an insult in even the most gracious attempt to satisfy them or remedy their issues.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org