A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:54:45 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Adelson Announcement  (Read 16106 times)
FOTD
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 05:46:10 pm »

And there are people who would argue Mayor Taylor's staff was a big part of the arrogance problem in that administration.  There simply is no way to satisfy every member of the electorate, especially in a city where about 7-10 families wield the most influence and can get anything done they want, up to inserting their own candidates into office.

Don't take it personal you little demon, it's politics.

Apathy settles in.....
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 01:09:07 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090701_11_0_Democr250049

Democratic senator announces Tulsa mayoral candidacy

By P.J. LASSEK World Staff Writer
Published: 7/1/2009 

Democrat State Sen. Tom Adelson announced Wednesday that he will run for Tulsa mayor. His declaration came before a crowd gathered Wednesday morning at Braden Park in midtown. "I have a vision for the city that I think all of us share where we all feel safe and secure in our homes, where our children are well educated and our seniors well cared for, where we travel to and from work on neighborhood streets and city roads that are in good condition and repair," he said. Adelson said Tulsa has been the home of his family for five generations and "we love it here."

He said through his service as state senator, "I've learned one central lesson - the best way to get things done is to work together, to find a common ground." "I want to bring that spirit of cooperation to the mayor's office," he said. He said as state senator he has knocked on the doors of thousands of Tulsans.

"I know what we're made of," he said. "We're still the sort of city that will invite a stranger in for some shade and a glass of water." He said Tulsa is a special city because it is filled with kind, generous and hardworking families and people who care about the city's future. "I want to listen to you and learn from you, and I want to work together to build a brighter and better Tulsa in all of its beauty and in all of its grace," he said.

Adelson said he would continue to serve as senator pending the outcome of the mayoral race. Filing for municipal office is July 13-15. The primary race is set Sept. 8 and the general race is Nov. 10.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 02:01:23 pm »

Very good turn-out.  I saw neighbors of mine from Lortondale, other TNF members, city dignitaries, and our own Recyclemichael is always good about introducing people to each other.  I nominate him the new city social chairman.

Any word if any other Democrats are jumping in?

It was a very diverse cross-section of Tulsa.  I think Tom has a lot of appeal to all ages and people from all walks of life.  He should be able to attract a fair amount of independent and GOP votes.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org