A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:54:27 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma drops to 48th in annual health ranking  (Read 15855 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2013, 08:24:37 am »

If you like Salt Lake, I bet you would LOVE Vernal, UT!!  Have been there a few times in the last decade, and even though it is a fairly small city (about 10,000), it has the feel of a larger place.  I could see spending quite a bit of time there during the year - especially in the fall.

Came by the AD Museum today and found it closed.  Walked through some of the art shops.  Very nice.

The AD museum (gift shop/visitor center, you can tour the displays in the lobby anytime the building itself is open) is currently only open Wednesdays 11-7 and Saturdays 11-2.  We are having a meeting this month to consider adding Fridays 11-2.  It's a matter of finding reliable volunteers and back ups for when they can't make it a particular day for some reason or another.  We will keep on gradually expanding days and hours as we can.  We will also be adding new displays in the lobby in the next month or two.  My time over the last four months was eaten up trying to get my new shop open.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 06:30:13 pm »

The AD museum (gift shop/visitor center, you can tour the displays in the lobby anytime the building itself is open) is currently only open Wednesdays 11-7 and Saturdays 11-2.  We are having a meeting this month to consider adding Fridays 11-2.  It's a matter of finding reliable volunteers and back ups for when they can't make it a particular day for some reason or another.  We will keep on gradually expanding days and hours as we can.  We will also be adding new displays in the lobby in the next month or two.  My time over the last four months was eaten up trying to get my new shop open.

Was going to try to get in today, but 'stuff happens', so didn't make it.  Will try again next Saturday - right now it looks a little less hectic.  

The lobby displays are wonderful!!  I really enjoyed them a lot.  I know you probably hear this a lot, but the level of professionalism is fantastic excellent!!  Well, maybe not in that word combination....  (Guess it better be, huh, since you make your living at it....?)

Still don't know where the new shop is going to be...I must have missed it when you talked about it before, and I was unable to find it.  Also, haven't seen anything about opening...?  Did I miss that, too?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org