A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:33:57 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobby Lobby or How I Chose God Over Country  (Read 106438 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

When was it free birth control became an enumerated right?

I'm calling this discriminatory.  If I want to practice BC, I have to pay for jimmy hats.  Where's my free birth control?

Your woman is showing.... Shocked
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »

Where's my free birth control?

In a bowl next to the door at the bar.  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2013, 01:53:25 pm »

Food is getting expensive.  In fact it's one of the largest expenses my family has, and I have to pay for it out of my pocket, but I am not alone.  Millions of Americans struggle with groceries every day.  This is not just a problem for the poor.  Well educated, men, women, and even lawyers like Guido, and Sandra Fluke find themselves budgeting an ever increasing amount of their income to groceries and restaurants. 

Much of the money I make goes to keeping myself and my family fed.  This takes away from money I could be using for books for the kids, gas for my car, and heat in the cold Oklahoma winters.  In fact, it was so cold this morning, I saw a Democrat with his hands in his own pockets!

Food is a right!  Unlike birth control, without food we all will die.  The children will die.  Employers will have that blood on their hands if they don't agree to provide free groceries for their employees. 

ACT NOW! Call your congresspeople and the White House today and demand that legislation be drafted to require businesses to supply free groceries to their employees instead of forcing them to spend 10, 15, or 20% of their paychecks on something that should be the responsibility of those who profit from their productivity!

We shouldn't have to choose between dinner and a movie!  Cry

Think of the children.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 02:12:31 pm »

Food is getting expensive.  In fact it's one of the largest expenses my family has, and I have to pay for it out of my pocket, but I am not alone.  Millions of Americans struggle with groceries every day.  This is not just a problem for the poor.  Well educated, men, women, and even lawyers like Guido, and Sandra Fluke find themselves budgeting an ever increasing amount of their income to groceries and restaurants. 

Much of the money I make goes to keeping myself and my family fed.  This takes away from money I could be using for books for the kids, gas for my car, and heat in the cold Oklahoma winters.  In fact, it was so cold this morning, I saw a Democrat with his hands in his own pockets!

Food is a right!  Unlike birth control, without food we all will die.  The children will die.  Employers will have that blood on their hands if they don't agree to provide free groceries for their employees. 

ACT NOW! Call your congresspeople and the White House today and demand that legislation be drafted to require businesses to supply free groceries to their employees instead of forcing them to spend 10, 15, or 20% of their paychecks on something that should be the responsibility of those who profit from their productivity!

We shouldn't have to choose between dinner and a movie!  Cry

Think of the children.

Your Tea Head is showing.... Shocked
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 02:23:08 pm »

Your Tea Head is showing.... Shocked

Zip your fly back up Clown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2013, 02:52:39 pm »

Apparently somebody's never heard of food stamps.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »

Apparently somebody's never heard of food stamps.

Food stamps don't help poor suckers like me who are gainfully employed.  They don't help 3rd year law students making $60,000 a year forced to choose between a new pair of Balenciaga heals and a bowl of corn chowder.

Food stamps won't help a single mother of three working as a nurse who has to keep a roof over her family's head and deal with the rising cost of Happy Meals.

You heartless bastard!  Food stamps are for the lucky ones, while those who strive to be productive for the sake of some greedy boss unwilling to provide even the most basic of human needs, are left to spend their hard earned cash on food, when it could be used to keep their family warm, dry and healthy.

How can you flush the toilet without thinking "that's MY hard work swirling around that bowl!"?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:44 pm »

Food stamps won't help a single mother of three working as a nurse who has to keep a roof over her family's head and deal with the rising cost of Happy Meals.

They will apparently.

http://okc.about.com/od/health/a/okfoodstamps.htm

In general terms, your monthly net household income must be below $903 in a household of one person, $1215 with two, $1526 with three, $1838 with four, $2150 with five, $2461 with six, $2773 with seven and $3085 for eight. In addition, your current bank balance and other resources must total less than $2000 ($3000 if a person disabled or 60 or over is living with you).

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/Licensed-Practical-Nurse-Monthly-Salary-Details-Altus-OK.aspx

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 03:49:10 pm »

Average nurses salary in Tulsa is $63,603.  That's about 5,300 a month.  Even after taxes, that's far more than $1,838.  Try harder.
http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/registered-nurse-Salary-Details-Tulsa-OK.aspx

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 03:52:22 pm »

Average nurses salary in Tulsa is $63,603.  That's about 5,300 a month.  Even after taxes, that's far more than $1,838.  Try harder.
http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/registered-nurse-Salary-Details-Tulsa-OK.aspx

Hahahaha!

Salary dot com?

You must not know many nurses here.  I do.  They'd nearly kill to make that average.  I'm not saying some don't, but not the ones I know.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 03:54:30 pm »

Hahahaha!

Salary dot com?

You must not know many nurses here.  I do.  They'd nearly kill to make that average.  I'm not saying some don't, but not the ones I know.

Uh. . .never mind.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »

Average nurses salary in Tulsa is $63,603.  That's about 5,300 a month.  Even after taxes, that's far more than $1,838.  Try harder.

There are many nurses that make far less than that in Oklahoma.

You didn't state:  "Food stamps won't help a single mother of three working as a nurse (making over $1,838 net a month) who has to keep a roof over her family's head and deal with the rising cost of Happy Meals."

You simply said "Food stamps won't help a single mother of three working as a nurse who has to keep a roof over her family's head and deal with the rising cost of Happy Meals."
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 04:01:53 pm »

Food stamps don't help poor suckers like me who are gainfully employed.

Every person I have known to be on food stamps was working at the time. You persist in the mistaken belief that the need for assistance is some kind of moral failing. It's just bizarre.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 04:23:46 pm »

You persist in the mistaken belief that the need for assistance is some kind of moral failing.

You mean it's not?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

Every person I have known to be on food stamps was working at the time. You persist in the mistaken belief that the need for assistance is some kind of moral failing. It's just bizarre.

Nice diversion, but that is not my point.

Much like the BC debate and framed in the same context, the exact same argument (actually an even stronger argument) can be made for employer financed grocery programs.  Why should the purchase of birth control be any more of a responsibility of an employer than food?

Why should birth control be considered a right that MUST be provided by employers under penalty of law?

Sure, birth control is important, and without it, the risk of unwanted pregnancy, and even serious health concerns increases.

Food, however, is necessary for survival and comprises a far greater financial burden than birth control.  In fact, skipping food for a month typically results in death.  We are obviously at a crossroads between the greed of corporate America and life itself!  If you don't support the right to food, you are campaigning for the death of innocent men, women and children.

I know you wouldn't possibly be suggesting that food is the financial responsibility of the individual?. . . That he or she should be expected to pay for it out of their own pocket?  That could be thousands of dollars a month!  Take, for instance, the average 3rd year George Town law student who would spend in excess of $8,000 on food durring law school (a conservative $300/mo).  If you were to look around that campus and see the faces of those affected, and listen to their stories.  $8,000 is more than twice what Sandra Fluke paid for birth control durring law school!!!

How can we expect our institutions and employers to take and take without supporting the workforce that fuels their profits?

Why are you against feeding people??

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org