A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:47:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winning the Hearts and Minds of Iraqis  (Read 2539 times)
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« on: June 10, 2009, 11:55:38 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecX4ZR6ZvQ[/youtube]

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
Educate, Advocate, Disseminate
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:27:57 am »

This video was number two most popular video 5 minutes ago.... Now it is completely gone from the top 5 pages... hmmm

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:24:26 am »

Is everything a conspiracy?

42,903 views.  It has 50,000 views in 2 weeks.  You posted it at not long after midnight.  Hence, the "most viewed today" was an easy category to break into.

Either that or the Government has interceded into Youtube and was monitoring your activity and decided that the video risked national security so interceded in the "most popular today" category of youtube in order to throw off the dissidents but then decided they had better downplay their actions by leaving the video on youtube so people would think you were crazy.

I bet it was the government.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 07:27:07 am »

No this is much more sinister than the government

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:13:00 am »

The information you are getting is filtered and manipulated, if you don't know that you are ignorant.

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:21:31 am »

How many months old is this video? I think I saw that before Obama was inaugerated.  Love it though. Reminds me of my drill sergeant.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 10:41:35 am »

The information you are getting is filtered and manipulated, if you don't know that you are ignorant.

And the information you are getting is also filtered and manipulated, just in a different direction.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.  You shouldn't take anything from either side at face value.  I noticed you didn't bother to defend your accusation that the government was hacking youtube to suppress this video  . . . probably because the notion is ridiculous.

And did you  even watch this video?  American troops came to train the Iraqi's on the weapons they bought for them, then tips were being given out by someone about the activities of American troops and some were killed.  Americans responded to the threats, the Iraqi police refused to leave their base.  And for some reason this pissed off the American troops.

You want everything from me.  Weapons, ammo, trucks, fuel and training.  But you're too f*** *ussy to go 3k down the road and deal with the problem.  I drive down that road with 3 trucks every day. . .

::laughter::

You think this is funny?  I'll take your *** out back and beat the **** out of you. . . I'll take any one of you on if you want. . .

You better find out where your loyalty is.  To the Shia?  Sunni?  To Iraq?  To your family?  You had better find out.  Because as I see it, I'm willing to stand up and die for your country, but your too p***y to do it yourself.
. . .

So figure out what you want, or I won't be willing to help anymore.  When the militia comes and cuts your heads off, I won't do anything about it.  I won't help people who won't help themselves. . . any questions?

::Iraqi complains that the image of them as cowards is not fair::

You want to change your image . . . get your weapons and march south. I guarantee you will get into a gun fight and I guarantee you will f*** some people up. Walk, you don't need trucks.  Get some water, some food, and go.

::complaint::

Stop making excuses. . . Who the F*** are you?  I've never seen you in a firefight.  I've never seen you out of the base ::lists names::.  Until you man up, you shut the F*** up.  Yuu guys want to be men, go down there and start beating a**.  . .  you are sitting here with your thumb up your butt because you are too f****** scared to do your jobs.

Total shocker.  I never would have assumed an American soldier would get mad about this and use mean words.  Personally I think it is evidence of a grand conspiracy by the government to suppress information.  I'm not sure why and they sure are doing a horrible job of it (since it is on youtube), but I'm sure they are doing it!  

And REALLY?  You think swearing at the Iraqi national police and telling them they are cowards is some horrible atrocity?  Clearly you have never been in or known anyone who has ever been in the military.  The commanders often talk mean to subordinates, tell them they are too cowardly, lazy, or whatever to do their jobs.  They swear a lot.  

Was it nice?  No it wasn't.  But what's your point?  What should you do with a garrison of soldiers ("police" in much of the world means National Internal Security Force) who refuses to fight?  Send them a strongly worded letter, or show up demand a formation and b!tch them out for being cowards?

Dear Sirs or Madams,

The US Military has paid to recruit, train, salary, arm and equip your police force.  It has come to our attention lately that this force we have spent considerable resources on is not currently performing their intended function. To wit:  they have failed to actively engage the enemy, rarely leave their compounds, and do little if anything to support their communities.  More disturbing, evidence exists to suggest that members of this force are loyal to other factions and may actually be disrupting the intended goals of the Police force.  Including, but not limited to, divulging information about Police and American operations resulting in the deaths of American service personnel.  

As US Military men and women devout and sacrifice their lives to improving the situation in Iraq we would really appreciate it if the National Police would assist or at a minimum stop hindering this effort.   If something doesn't change we will cease our support of the National Police.  In this event we anticipate wide scale attacks on the police which very likely will end in the capture and beheading of many of your service members.  Such an event would be undesirable for both parties.  

Please get your loyalty straightened out and take care of these problems. At such time the United States military humbly requests that you march your troops 3 kilometers to the south and engage hostile forces.   Please advise of your intended actions.

With hugs and kisses,

U.S. Military.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 10:46:26 am »

The face of unfiltered news:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 11:00:28 am »

The face of unfiltered news:

It's bucking AOX/FOTD/RIPTOUT!!!!

HTF did you get that pic?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org