A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:26:09 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayor's Staff Pay Raises  (Read 9402 times)
Wilbur
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 01:16:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

Don't get me wrong, the outsourcing bothers me, too. Of the proposals he's made, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not, that's all. That and he's seems to be keeping an open mind, really listening to all the ideas on the table an evaluating them objectively. If he has any hidden agendas, he is hiding them very well.

This guy sure had me fooled! Boy, was I wrong.

Told you so. [Wink]

Sheesh, I should have dumped a ton into Kathy's campaign and maybe I'd be making six figures on the public dole right now too.

I notice the paper seemed to leave off one important detail.  Who was Mr. Wilkie's previous employer?  Vanguard?  $120K to hire someone to supervise another supervisor who supervises more supervisors and subordinates...my donkey!

If there is anyone who is still paying attention to what I have to say, what more evidence do we need to see that we are getting more government in Tulsa and fewer essential services with each of these six-figure hires.

I've known Jeff for the past 6-7 years.  He has mostly been self employed in the same type of field.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 02:59:21 pm »

Wilbur, self employed, meaning he didn't take a pay cut for this job, eh?  Can you see any purpose whatsoever for this newly-created position.

In the past I've never really thought of our Democrat mayors as being cookie-cutter liberals.  In fact, I've always thought they'd be considered flaming conservatives in a place like New York.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Wilbur
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 04:53:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Wilbur, self employed, meaning he didn't take a pay cut for this job, eh?  Can you see any purpose whatsoever for this newly-created position.

In the past I've never really thought of our Democrat mayors as being cookie-cutter liberals.  In fact, I've always thought they'd be considered flaming conservatives in a place like New York.

Self employed as a paid consultant to go to companies and put on training.  Not sure what that pays.  And I'm confident pay from month to month varied.

Some people will take pay cuts to ensure they have a steady pay check.  

As to what he'll do here that is really needed for $120K?  Your guess is as good as mine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org