A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:46:15 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He’s Still Special: Biden: I don't want 'real job…you have to produce'  (Read 4503 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: March 30, 2012, 08:36:12 am »

Of course I’m sure this has been taken out of context  Roll Eyes

Vice President Joe Biden offered a frank assessment of his career in remarks at a Democratic fundraiser in Chicago Thursday night.  According to a White House pool report, Biden, surrounded by the city's movers and shakers, praised former Mayor Richard M. Daley and then said: "I never had an interest in being a mayor 'cause that's a real job.  You have to produce.  That's why I was able to be a senator for 36 years."

Biden was elected to the Senate in November 1972, when he was 29 years old.  When he took office in January 1973, he had turned 30, the minimum age set in the Constitution for membership in the Senate.  Biden served in the Senate from that time until January 2009, when he became vice president.

From an opposite perspective, Biden's remarks recalled the criticism Sarah Palin, a former mayor herself, once made in 2008 about then-candidate Barack Obama's qualifications to be president.  "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities," Palin told a cheering at the Republican National Committee that year.  Now, Biden says being a mayor was something to be avoided "'cause that's a real job.”

At the fundraiser, Biden also assessed his and Obama's re-election prospects.  He expressed confidence in their chances against any of the Republican candidates, but also concerns about the campaign being overtaken by events.  "I don't think we'll be beaten by those candidates," Biden said.  "I think we'll be beaten -- if we are -- by something happening in the Eurozone, or something happening in the Gulf, which could be difficult for us, or this barrage of Super PAC money.  But even with that, I feel good."

Click to read full article at Washington Examiner

Read more: http://newsok.com/biden-i-dont-want-real-jobyou-have-to-produce/article/feed/365666#ixzz1qbw3PB2c

Yeah, because we all know losing the election couldn’t be the fault of two men who never produced anything in their entire lives.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:54 am »

Yeah, because we all know losing the election couldn’t be the fault of two men who never produced anything in their entire lives.

Pour a few drinks in him and he's hilarious.

I'm gonna miss that guy. Cry

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:44:38 am »

Pour a few drinks in him and he's hilarious.

I'm gonna miss that guy. Cry

Unless the Repubs find someone more viable to appeal to the indies, you may not miss him at all...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 11:05:31 am »

Who is this Joe Biden guy? Wink
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:20 am »

I see that article as one or both of two things:

1) a prime example of how dry wit does not translate to the written page.

and/or

2) a politician gladhanding

In either case, I fail to see this as newsworthy.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 11:41:39 am »

I think that applies to most of us who aren't working in a factory or in food service. Tongue

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »

Ya know who is a legal scholar? Al Franken...

"He has been one of the leading legal scholars," Biden said of Franken today, according to the pool report. He also said that Franken "is deadly serious" as a senator. He made the comments while recalling concerns that then-candidate Franken could not be taken seriously as a Senate candidate given his SNL work.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/biden-al-franken-leading-legal-scholar/475576

Crazy Uncle Joe at it again...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 05:26:35 pm »

I see that article as one or both of two things:

1) a prime example of how dry wit does not translate to the written page.

and/or

2) a politician gladhanding

In either case, I fail to see this as newsworthy.

1)Dry wit is not on the menu around here.

2)If this had been Will Rogers, and it sounds like something he would say, we would all be grinning and laughing.

3.Your failure to see this as newsworthy is no failure at all.

onward...through the fog
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 11:44:16 pm »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 08:01:05 am »

Okay Joe, here’s your Crayons and some shiny things, go back to your room.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 08:48:43 am »

Okay Joe, here’s your Crayons and some shiny things, go back to your room.

Looks like both sides are saying the same thing about each other.  I wonder who will be the most convincing.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 01:05:22 pm »

Yesterday he called to congratulate the wrong guy in the Boston Mayoral race.  Now he's going to visit some Martinez guy that he thinks is president of Panama.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE4uoRVa_RQ[/youtube]

We really need to do a better job of screening who we give an Obamaphone to!

Either that, or we just give the NSA the authority to disconnect his calls before they become embarrassing.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 04:26:00 pm »

Yesterday he called to congratulate the wrong guy in the Boston Mayoral race.  Now he's going to visit some Martinez guy that he thinks is president of Panama.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE4uoRVa_RQ[/youtube]

We really need to do a better job of screening who we give an Obamaphone to!

Either that, or we just give the NSA the authority to disconnect his calls before they become embarrassing.

“You won!! That’s a big bucking deal!!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org