A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:54:35 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn Beck will earn $18 million next year.  (Read 8529 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: April 29, 2009, 08:44:33 pm »

Is he being paid by the tear that rolls down his cheeks?  http://www.businessinsider.com/the-empire-of-glenn-beck-slideshow-2009-4

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
rwarn17588
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:31:54 pm »

Is he being paid by the tear that rolls down his cheeks?  http://www.businessinsider.com/the-empire-of-glenn-beck-slideshow-2009-4

That is, if he doesn't wind up in a ditch this year with an empty jug of whiskey in one hand and a meth pipe in the other.

That boy's got issues.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:33:07 am »

I see the wealth envy folks were out yesterday.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
rwarn17588
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:07:34 am »

I see the wealth envy folks were out yesterday.

I sure as hell don't envy him. He's got some demons that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Hawkins
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 12:15:14 am »

Its all an act. He's a professional political entertainer.

I heard him for a couple of minutes the other day on the radio talking about "the day he decided enough was enough and he was quitting radio."

He was completely B.S.ing. He's hit the jackpot and he knows it. A radio show, ghostwritten books, a Faux News show--he's a recognized mega-preacher to the church of the far right. And that can be a windfall place to be, regardless of who you really are.

--

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:17:05 am by Hawkins » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:27 am »

Its all an act. He's a professional political entertainer.

I heard him for a couple of minutes the other day on the radio talking about "the day he decided enough was enough and he was quitting radio."

He was completely B.S.ing. He's hit the jackpot and he knows it. A radio show, ghostwritten books, a Faux News show--he's a recognized mega-preacher to the church of the far right. And that can be a windfall place to be, regardless of who you really are.

--

Yep, Beck is the only one out of the whole lot of political talking heads who is an entertainer.  Not Olbermann, not Matthews, not Hannity, not Limbaugh, not Garafalo, not O'Reilly....

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:50 am »

a Faux News show

Enuf said. You so funny. 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:51:20 am »

Enuf said. You so funny. 

You think he made that up?? It was really clever, never heard it before!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 11:13:07 am »

Yep, Beck is the only one out of the whole lot of political talking heads who is an entertainer.  Not Olbermann, not Matthews, not Hannity, not Limbaugh, not Garafalo, not O'Reilly....

You forgot Savage. But even hard-core conservatives I know think he's a loon.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:37 am »

You forgot Savage. But even hard-core conservatives I know think he's a loon.

Loon!?!?!?

He's gone totally paranoid.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 05:14:22 pm »

Loon!?!?!?

He's gone totally paranoid.

Now, is that just his schtick, or does he actually believe what he is saying?
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 11:15:22 am »

Beck and all those others are just a bunch of overpaid blowhards, and the people who listen to them, especially Savage, are mindless cheerleaders and sheep.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 02:59:27 pm »

Enuf said. You so funny. 

So you agree then that Fox News is not really news but a bunch of silly talking heads trying to sound relevant about non-news items that they use to drive up their numbers so they can be paid a lot more than any real thinking person like yourself?  Surely you are worth a lot more than Bill or Sean or the Beckers. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 12:30:12 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110406/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_fox_beck
"NEW YORK – Fox News Channel on Wednesday said it was dropping Glenn Beck's afternoon talk show, which has sunk in the ratings and suffered financially due to an advertiser boycott."
http://vodpod.com/watch/5885045-bill-mahers-new-rule-glenn-beck-is-like-a-car-alarm-video?
Power to the people, right on! Grin
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:41:05 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 01:27:08 pm »

Maybe he and Olbermann can co-host a spittle and tear laced point/counter-point show.

Or Aykroid and Curtain.

Ooops wrong Jane

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org