A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:56:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun Sams  (Read 191699 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2014, 04:15:31 pm »

Not a bad pie, but plan to spend at least 45 min to an hour waiting for it (if you order deep dish).

Call ahead if you're impatient
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2014, 05:47:24 pm »

Wow...Just Wow! from Wreckers to Restaurants and now Taxis. What can't this guy do?

Jim Peters Rice — 5 star My brother and I own taxi services in Tulsa Oklahoma and have purchased several vehicles from these guys. If you want a up front honest buying experience these are the guys. They are very honest and professional dealers. There will be no hidden issues or surprise's with these guys. If you have any questions regarding these guys feel free to give me a call 918-698-6169 Jim....

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2015, 07:51:44 am »

In my opinion. It takes a certain type a**hole to take solace in the death of another person. To justify your own personal failures.

Jim Peters Rice ~ It's posted in the paper today that Doug Shotgun Jones passed away. Doug was the self proclaimed owner and image of the ORIGIONAL Shotgun Sam's according to a recent article in the Tulsa World News paper.
It's a self claimed to Fame by Jones and his other side kick that claims to have started Shotgun Sam's, it's funny how they claimed they never knew me but I worked security for years for the actual owner Raymond King. Which was killed in a automobile accident in the late 70's.
At this point it doesn't matter maybe he can rest in peace now.. I think it's funny how they claim to fame the name Shotgun Sam's after I opened the Tulsa store, but yet they had to close all the stores down due to declining business.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2015, 10:11:53 am »

I can't imagine trying to carry on a conversation with this doof just based on his lack of writing skills along with his misunderstanding of the english language and his misuse of adages and tropes.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2015, 10:36:14 am »

I can't imagine trying to carry on a conversation with this doof just based on his lack of writing skills along with his misunderstanding of the english language and his misuse of adages and tropes.

...and his lacking grasp on reality.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:57 pm »

Now here is the story that should be told.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/tulsa-restaurateur-doug-jones-co-founder-of-shotgun-sam-s/article_ec708c63-12c3-5ca7-985b-223da4e6b3da.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2015, 10:38:32 pm »

Now here is the story that should be told.

So who was Raymond King?   Seems like there was a connection - just not as founder or even very important person.  Generic employee?  Franchise guy?

The whole premise that Jones and company weren't the real founders sounds SOOOOO much like a Faux News event...  creepy!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2015, 08:45:30 am »

Love his logic.  He bags on the two guys cited in the news article about business declining then shutting down.  That happened over a period of 20 years.  How long did it take this dingleberry to run it into the ground?  Poor ol’ Santa Clause (sic) didn’t even get to come hang out with the kiddies for Christmas this year.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pink Panther
Citizen

« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2015, 05:17:18 am »

So who was Raymond King?   Seems like there was a connection - just not as founder or even very important person.  Generic employee?  Franchise guy?

The whole premise that Jones and company weren't the real founders sounds SOOOOO much like a Faux News event...  creepy!!

Does Everyone Know that Dolphin Bob is Deceased,,,,,
Pink Panther
Citizen

« Reply #324 on: November 01, 2015, 05:19:12 am »

just thought you all Should know Dolphin Bob is deceased.......
Pink Panther
Citizen

« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2015, 05:43:41 am »

first of all, I am the daughter of the ORIGIONAL founding owner of Shotgun Sam's. I have just recently heard about Tulsa Now. It saddens me to read all these slanderous comments about my fathers business. I realize that some people have nothing else to do with their time but to spread hate and discontent. It's really funny to me to read all this trash talk about why Shotgun Sam's originally went out of business, When none of you have a clue. I'm not quite sure the connection to all this and Mr. Rice however it's all a little silly and very inconsiderate to my family. We have learned that it appears this Dolphin Bob guy was Mr. Rices brother. Who has recently passed away from a heart attack. We are praying for the Rice family and any Children Mr. Dolphin Bob might have have. However we realize that family's have their own personal differences, however it has nothing to do with our family business's, and we really we appreciate to be left out of your blogs and hateful comments. Thank you for your understanding.
Pink Panther
Citizen

« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2015, 05:58:30 am »

Our family will not be posting on here after this morning. We hope and pray this will bring some closure to this and everyone can just enjoy the fond memories of Shotgun Sam's. And we are sincerely sorry to hear the passing of Robert Scott Rice, whom we have been told was Dolphin Bob.

Again thank you for your understanding....
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2015, 07:19:58 am »

Our family will not be posting on here after this morning. We hope and pray this will bring some closure to this and everyone can just enjoy the fond memories of Shotgun Sam's. And we are sincerely sorry to hear the passing of Robert Scott Rice, whom we have been told was Dolphin Bob.

Again thank you for your understanding....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2015, 12:10:25 pm »

first of all, I am the daughter of the ORIGIONAL founding owner of Shotgun Sam's.

I got the impression most of the posters here had a fondness for the original Shotgun Sams.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2015, 01:37:09 pm »

I got the impression most of the posters here had a fondness for the original Shotgun Sams.

I do.  It's the d-bag who took the name that has tarnished it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org