A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:27:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun Sams  (Read 191689 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:40 am »

Ate there yesterday for the 3rd time.!st pizza was good service was bad. 2nd service was better and pizza good. 3rd Was greeted when we walked in the door.20 min and we had pizza in front of us.Love the thin crust.

Sounds like they are gaining on it.  Now if they will just muzzle the GM and get another face for the front of the house, they might survive.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2014, 09:21:09 am »

Sounds like they are gaining on it.  Now if they will just muzzle the GM and get another face for the front of the house, they might survive.

Maybe... Pi Place didn't have bad pizza but I don't think it was going very well.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2014, 09:25:46 am »

Maybe... Pi Place didn't have bad pizza but I don't think it was going very well.

No one will ever really know since the idiot was brewing 3.2+ beer and that got them locked down for good.  How was their beer?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2014, 09:52:24 am »

No one will ever really know since the idiot was brewing 3.2+ beer and that got them locked down for good.  How was their beer?

He was wrong for doing that, but the real idiots are the ones that only allow Bewpubs to brew to 3.2.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2014, 10:09:09 am »

He was wrong for doing that, but the real idiots are the ones that only allow Bewpubs to brew to 3.2.

That goes without saying.  I’d really be curious how much ABLE and their archaic laws cost Oklahoma in development and tourism dollars every year.  

Look at the incongruity: Naturally they don’t want brew pubs to brew anything on premises over 3.2 because they don’t want you getting drunk and driving home.

Never mind that I can order five screw drivers or drink 7 or 8 pints of an 8% ABV imperial stout then slosh out to my car and weave home.

That aside, I think of what our laws could be:

On my way back from a sales call in SW Missouri, I visited one of the breweries I sold a boiler to over in Rogers, Arkansas last week (Ozark Beer).  They have a beer garden and serve pints on the weekends.  You can purchase kegs, growlers, and squealers on-site and can have your growlers re-filled seven days per week.  He’s working on getting a food truck or two to show up on weekends to feed the people in the beer garden.  The owner told me that between the 45 retail accounts he services (directly no less) and his sales from the brewery that within six months of opening, he’s at max capacity.

Super nice fellow with an interesting back-story.

http://ozarkbeercompany.com/?age-verified=a47e6f2453

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2014, 10:14:46 am »

That goes without saying.  I’d really be curious how much ABLE and their archaic laws cost Oklahoma in development and tourism dollars every year.  

Small government providing the business friendly circumstances needed to make everyone successful in Oklahoma right?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2014, 10:18:25 am »

Small government providing the business friendly circumstances needed to make everyone successful in Oklahoma right?

Careful, I just about smooted myself.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2014, 07:59:19 am »

an order five screw drivers or drink 7 or 8 pints of an 8% ABV imperial stout then slosh out to my car and weave home.

That aside, I think of what our laws could be:

On my way back from a sales call in SW Missouri, I visited one of the breweries I sold a boiler to over in Rogers, Arkansas last week (Ozark Beer).  They have a beer garden and serve pints on the weekends.  You can purchase kegs, growlers, and squealers on-site and can have your growlers re-filled seven days per week.  He’s working on getting a food truck or two to show up on weekends to feed the people in the beer garden.  The owner told me that between the 45 retail accounts he services (directly no less) and his sales from the brewery that within six months of opening, he’s at max capacity.

Super nice fellow with an interesting back-story.

http://ozarkbeercompany.com/?age-verified=a47e6f2453

Conan, how's the beer?  Headed to NWA for a guy's weekend next month.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2014, 08:15:16 am »

Conan, how's the beer?  Headed to NWA for a guy's weekend next month.

Excellent.  I’m not a huge fan of Belgians but he’s got a Belgian with a light pilsner malt that is outstanding.  His cream stout is memorable (either variety one uses locally-sourced coffee.  He’s got an APA and IPA.  The APA is a nice session beer, though the hop note isn’t one of my favorites in any beer, I still like it.  The IPA is as good as any west coast style I’ve tried.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2014, 01:54:00 pm »

OPPS! I can't believe he would lie about the recipes being original.  Roll Eyes

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/food/shotgun-sam-s-pizza-palace-founders-recall-the-early-days/article_703d2291-441e-58d1-9777-bfd301df6c80.html

Quote ~ “No one else has ever used our recipes or is using our recipes,” Jones added. “It’s just not possible.”
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:36:26 pm by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2014, 02:29:42 pm »

B...bu...but, I thought they got the recipes from Ken Selby and then one of the former “chefs” from the original Shotgun’s. 

I see they are still getting stellar reviews on FB.  I’m thinking the GM needs to quit being the face for the front of the house.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2014, 03:27:35 pm »

From the reviews and comments on FB, it appears they have a system for blacklisting people who post negative reviews, and people posting comments about stalking and who has friends at TPD to take care of things. Just wow!

The TW article was interesting, I used to go to Cheers on Mingo and did not know it was owned by one of the founders of Sam's. Interesting that the truth about the recipes has come out. I think Ken Selby is spinning in his grave that they are trying to associate themselves with him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:31:08 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »

Any on-line review should be taken with more than a grain of salt. Some content sites pay for reviews.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

Re:
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »

Any on-line review should be taken with more than a grain of salt. Some content sites pay for reviews.

I always read review sites with some skepticism, you can usually weed out some of the obvious homer reviews, and negative ones that read like a text message as well.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2014, 08:26:08 pm »

OPPS! I can't believe he would lie about the recipes being original.  Roll Eyes

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/food/shotgun-sam-s-pizza-palace-founders-recall-the-early-days/article_703d2291-441e-58d1-9777-bfd301df6c80.html

Quote ~ “No one else has ever used our recipes or is using our recipes,” Jones added. “It’s just not possible.”

They posted a pretty entertaining response on Facebook.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org