A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:36:30 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew Rice v Jim Inhofe  (Read 19598 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 02:17:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Limabean

So what do you base your statement that Inhofe is ridiculed in DC on?

It is just personal observations. Granted, I hang with the tree-huggers and the ones that believe in global warming and science and all.

Every time I go to DC and tell people I am from Oklahoma, they bring up Inhofe. When Jon Stewart lampooned Inhofe, I got a dozen e-mails giving me grief.

The story is that Inhofe has no friends on either side of the aisle either. I know some lobbyists who laugh and say the way to persuade Inhofe is to act interested in his stories. He is desperate for a willing ear.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 02:27:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

quote:

It is just personal observations. Granted, I hang with the tree-huggers and the ones that believe in global warming and science and all.

Every time I go to DC and tell people I am from Oklahoma, they bring up Inhofe. When Jon Stewart lampooned Inhofe, I got a dozen e-mails giving me grief.

The story is that Inhofe has no friends on either side of the aisle either. I know some lobbyists who laugh and say the way to persuade Inhofe is to act interested in his stories. He is desperate for a willing ear.

We didn't elect him to make friends in Washington, that's the whole idea.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 03:47:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

quote:

We didn't elect him to make friends in Washington, that's the whole idea.

Er, what?

We elected someone to be isolated and bizarre?
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 07:18:06 am »

quote:

Rice's ad lampooning Inhofe for accepting over a million in contributions from the oil industry is incredibly naive.  

That Inhofe ad where he all of a sudden starts bashing Obama is creepy as hell.  With the big "NO" sign over Rice and Obama's names.  Talk about lowbrow, childish, and appealing to the very lowest base human emotion.  Jim Crimehofe is nothing more than a mean bully.
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 07:19:24 am »

quote:

Rice's ad lampooning Inhofe for accepting over a million in contributions from the oil industry is incredibly naive.  

That Inhofe ad where he all of a sudden starts bashing Obama is creepy as hell.  With the big "NO" sign over Rice and Obama's names.  Talk about lowbrow, childish, and appealing to the very lowest base human emotion.  Jim Crimehofe is nothing more than a mean bully.
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 07:28:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

MURDERERS, RAPISTS & THIEVES!
Oh my!  

GOOD OKIES WITH "OKLAHOMA VALUES" HEED MY WARNING!!!

Andrew Rice will open the prisons if he's elected!  
Drugs will flood the schools!  
Rape squads will roam the streets!

BEWARE!
BEWARE!
TOO LIBERAL FOR OKLAHOMA!!!
He's a MARXIST.
THE DECEMBERICESTS ARE COMING!!!!!

Excellent parody of the Slimehofe ad that is currently running.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 07:32:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bugo

Jim Crimehofe

quote:

Talk about lowbrow, childish, and appealing to the very lowest base human emotion.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 07:33:35 am »

I've only been in OK since last year, but I've heard something from several different sources.  They said that they wrote a letter to Inhofe disagreeing with some of his policies, and he supposedly actually took the time to write a reply saying basically "I don't care what you think" or "I don't want 'your kind' voting for me."  Has anyone else heard or experienced this?  If it's true, it's extremely juvenile behavior for a Senator.  Then again, so is being a bully.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 07:36:27 am »

I like the shot of Inhofe they run under his "this message was approved by Jim Inhofe."  It's dusk, he's walking towards the camera, but he's far away and it looks a little like he might draw a six shooter and pop you the voter right there on the spot.  In big red letters right next to him:  INHOFE

It's like an outtake from "No Country For Old Men."
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 10:19:12 am »

quote:

quote:

Jim Crimehofe

quote:

Talk about lowbrow, childish, and appealing to the very lowest base human emotion.

I'm not running for Senate.
waterboy
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 10:48:48 am »

My wife and I are trying to figure out just why Inhofe is destroying this young man when he could totally ignore him and still be elected by double digits. It seems like maybe he just enjoys the nasty process of taking a decent human being and spinning him into a crime loving punk.

Or, maybe he's fearful of any Obama coat-tails effect and wants to make sure he isn't caught off guard. According to fivethirtyeight.com McCain/Palin was up 30pts on Obama in OK last week putting us second in the nation. Now M/P is up only 24pts putting us behind Idaho and Utah.

Even though in the senate race Inhofe is predicted as 99% assured of victory...a 6pt decline in the presidential race in OK might concern him. Best just to destroy the kid and sort out the details later.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 11:50:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

My wife and I are trying to figure out just why Inhofe is destroying this young man when he could totally ignore him and still be elected by double digits. It seems like maybe he just enjoys the nasty process of taking a decent human being and spinning him into a crime loving punk.

Or, maybe he's fearful of any Obama coat-tails effect and wants to make sure he isn't caught off guard. According to fivethirtyeight.com McCain/Palin was up 30pts on Obama in OK last week putting us second in the nation. Now M/P is up only 24pts putting us behind Idaho and Utah.

Even though in the senate race Inhofe is predicted as 99% assured of victory...a 6pt decline in the presidential race in OK might concern him. Best just to destroy the kid and sort out the details later.

Not saying Inhofe doesn't have "national" money, PAC's, or special interest $$ in his campaign, but I think he's probably somewhat scared of the special interests trying to get Rice elected.

You're right though, he could brush it off as: "Well sonny, when you get to be my age you can make those judgements...."

The photo he uses in his ads make Rice look like a street punk.  One of my friends swears he's got a mullett in the photo, I can't tell.

Honestly, Rice sounds like a nice enough guy, aside from him being left of what I'm comfortable with, my biggest issue has been the "brash up-start" thing.  Of course, I said much the same thing about Obama, and now we've got a 20-month gov. as a VP nominee for the GOP.

Maybe that's the trend these days, bring them up through the ranks quickly before they spoil.  I think I'll run for City Council next time around, then announce for President six months later. [Wink]

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »

quote:

quote:

Not saying Inhofe doesn't have "national" money, PAC's, or special interest $$ in his campaign, but I think he's probably somewhat scared of the special interests trying to get Rice elected.

You're right though, he could brush it off as: "Well sonny, when you get to be my age you can make those judgements...."

The photo he uses in his ads make Rice look like a street punk.  One of my friends swears he's got a mullett in the photo, I can't tell.

Honestly, Rice sounds like a nice enough guy, aside from him being left of what I'm comfortable with, my biggest issue has been the "brash up-start" thing.  Of course, I said much the same thing about Obama, and now we've got a 20-month gov. as a VP nominee for the GOP.

Maybe that's the trend these days, bring them up through the ranks quickly before they spoil.  I think I'll run for City Council next time around, then announce for President six months later. [Wink]

You got my vote.  Can I be your campaign manager?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 02:54:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

quote:

quote:

We got the catchy graphic and the slogan, there's all the incentive I need to run.  I'm in and you're hired.

Blows away the Obama logo. [Wink]

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 03:13:22 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

quote:

quote:

We got the catchy graphic and the slogan, there's all the incentive I need to run.  I'm in and you're hired.

Blows away the Obama logo. [Wink]

Good.  I'll go shopping for jets this weekend.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org