A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:35:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 17 Y/O Stoned to Death in Iraq  (Read 15266 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2007, 07:16:44 pm »

CF quoted.
However, land is no longer the exclusive nor even the primary method for generating wealth nor has it been in the history of the United States.
-----------------------------------------------

What started out as our conflict of interest in establishing a government in Iraq that allowed the age old practice of stoning to their death young girls, has turned into the discussion of the economist age old saying that all wealth comes from the earth.  They sure have been misleading civilization [if I am permitted to use that word] over the centuries.  .  

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2007, 05:22:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

A lot of ugliness?  I've seen some smokin' hot eastern european girls in my day...[Wink]

Don't need to tell me twice-went to college with one (she was from St. Petersburg, though at the time I knew her, it was still called Leningrad) and didn't know whether to marry her or pray to her.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2007, 01:16:46 pm »

The 17 year old being stoned to death just hit CNN.  They're showing the film.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2007, 07:56:28 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070814/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq;_ylt=Am4g48mhC_Trv.1U0RHACkms0NUE

The village that stoned the girl to death are not targets of al Qaida.   Previous to the attack they were left alone, since they have seen 23 men executed off a bus, and ~200 killed yesterday in mass attacks.  

Strange that the killing of a teenager for loving the wrong person is justification for the killing of 200 people (mostly not involved Im sure) for killing the wrong person.  Welcome to the 12th century I suppose.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2007, 01:26:38 pm »

The village has a differing idea of Islam.  They believe in a being who looks like an angel.  The angel goes by a similar name as the devil for islam and christianity.  This makes them devil worshippers.

It's use of an ancient form of Persian faith.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2007, 04:24:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

The village has a differing idea of Islam.  They believe in a being who looks like an angel.  The angel goes by a similar name as the devil for islam and christianity.  This makes them devil worshippers.

Just think, these same cockroaches have political and economic clout. Scary.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2007, 04:02:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Just think, these same cockroaches have political and economic clout. Scary.

Maybe I should explain that the Islamists and Christians consider the town's folk devil worshipers.

They state they don't believe in the devil at all.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2007, 10:44:27 am »

Yazidis basically believe that God (the God of Abraham in most adaptations) created the world and then handed its care to 7 Angel like beings.  These 7 "angels" are worshiped as god-like beings.  

The most important of the Angles is a bastardization of the Greek name for Zeus... which happens to be close to the Arabic word for Satan.   This most important being is kind of like the Catholic Angel St. Michael.

So from my elementary knowledge of their religion, it is an ancient pagan religion worshiping a pantheon of lesser gods who serve one greater god under the guise of Islam (kinda like Voodoo is Christianity). They do not pay homage to evil spirits, rebellions against god, or anything else that would qualify as devil worship.

Then again, they do not believe exactly what the Sunni's believe, so the rest is just details and god wants them to be killed...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2007, 11:54:58 am »

Nothing like a good old fashioned smiting
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org