A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:38:33 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9200 Delaware  (Read 3350 times)
inteller
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:26:13 pm »

Puke.

http://tulsacommercialrealtors.com/jsp/listings/listing_files.jsp?listingID=1494476

Does that area not have enough restaurants?
dsjeffries
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 03:00:07 pm »

While it's not great, I don't feel it's quite puke-worthy.  It definitely could be worse.  I mean, look at Owasso. [Tongue]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:13:50 pm »

I would force all traffic to the single common entrance myself. I'm just happy it is all (at least relatively) grouped.
inteller
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:15:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DScott28604

While it's not great, I don't feel it's quite puke-worthy.  It definitely could be worse.  I mean, look at Owasso. [Tongue]

My thought is to lose the strip mall in the back and vary the size and shape of the other buildings just a little bit.  Make them all retail a la Utica Square with maybe one restaurant tops.  Basically make it the South Towne Square that Bumgarner could never execute.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by DScott28604

My thought is to lose the strip mall in the back and vary the size and shape of the other buildings just a little bit.  Make them all retail a la Utica Square with maybe one restaurant tops.  Basically make it the South Towne Square that Bumgarner could never execute.

Why note but them all up together, put the retail space between the restaurants, and put the parking behind the whole u-shaped structure?

Wishful thinking again...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 04:28:37 pm »

Anyone read the story in the World this morning?  Retail vacancies are going up due to new build-outs.  We don't need any more retail space at this point.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 05:52:22 pm »

Maximize density....at the expense of traffic congestion. Who is doing this? Ad Wan?
inteller
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 07:12:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Anyone read the story in the World this morning?  Retail vacancies are going up due to new build-outs.  We don't need any more retail space at this point.

i agree completely.  we are now caught up in this vicious cycle of "new is better" instead of keeping up the retail properties we have.  All because these developers goofed off back when they should have been taking care of their properties.
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 08:04:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

i agree completely.  we are now caught up in this vicious cycle of "new is better" instead of keeping up the retail properties we have.  All because these developers goofed off back when they should have been taking care of their properties.

Retail vacancy will get worse before it gets better. Just wait for the second shoe to drop in mortgage backed securities. I've been preaching this outcome for a while now. Developers are different than owners. Developers go for TIF's and flip for quick profits.  Many properties have become "foreign" owned. Good luck getting those owners to fix up the center near you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org