A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:56:46 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City Council District 4  (Read 12770 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:49 am »

Once again, Godwin's Marshall Law prevails.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 10:57:25 am »

I would be interested to hear from both Brune and Ewing what their plans would be for the Pearl District improvements, streetscape projects downtown, increasing gentrification/safety in the neighborhoods between downtown and TU, and the Cherry Street parking plan.  What other issues would you like to see addressed in District 4? 

I also would like to know how both stand on the trash plan.  Hopefully both support going to once-a-week service with wheeled bins for trash and recyclables.   

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 11:37:50 am »

Strange to me that the  answers to those questions have not been addressed during the primaries. I still don't know who Brune is, what he has done, what he supports and how he got here. As much as I like Ewing's behaviors I have no idea how he feels about those issues either.

Was the primary just a popularity thing?

onward...through the fog
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 11:52:09 am »

Strange to me that the  answers to those questions have not been addressed during the primaries. I still don't know who Brune is, what he has done, what he supports and how he got here. As much as I like Ewing's behaviors I have no idea how he feels about those issues either.

Was the primary just a popularity thing?

Isn't politics a popularity contest?  You vote for the guy candidate you like.  The one with the most likes wins.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 12:06:44 pm »

Isn't politics a popularity contest?  You vote for the guy candidate you like.  The one with the most likes wins.
'

This may have been a case of the opposite. There is nothing known about Brune. How do I know if I like him or not? His picture? If so I'm guessing he's retired from selling insurance and needs something to do. His postcards to me said nothing. Less than nothing really. Vote for Papa. He's swell. At least he didn't parade his family out. Would like to see anywhere he made a position statement on any of the District 4 issues that SW listed. Hopefully before the election.

I guess its just "throw the rascals out" time.

onward...through the fog
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 12:22:44 pm »

I've met Ken Brune, he is a nice guy with god intentions, but pretty quiet. A couple of downtown developer/real estate types have been helping him with his campaign. I'm guessing the pitch for beating Maria is "I'm Ken, and I'm not Maria"

Ken owns the Reunion Center. It's on the NE corner of 4th and Main (think due east of Arby's) and lives in the building. I see him walking around downtown all the time.

While I think Blake would make a good councilor, I think Ken would make a pretty good one too.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 12:30:06 pm »

I've met Ken Brune, he is a nice guy with god intentions, but pretty quiet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ[/youtube]

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:27 pm »

I've met Ken Brune, he is a nice guy with god intentions, but pretty quiet. A couple of downtown developer/real estate types have been helping him with his campaign. I'm guessing the pitch for beating Maria is "I'm Ken, and I'm not Maria"

Ken owns the Reunion Center. It's on the NE corner of 4th and Main (think due east of Arby's) and lives in the building. I see him walking around downtown all the time.

While I think Blake would make a good councilor, I think Ken would make a pretty good one too.

Thanks, Grizz. I like anyone who lives in his own building downtown.

onward...through the fog
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:55 pm »

Brune is an attorney, but I have not seen any particulars on his positions on any issues.

I thought it was interesting that the votes cast on each side were pretty close - 1,928 for the Democrats and 1,869 for the Republicans.  That ratio is a pretty close approximation of the voter registration in Dist. 4.  It will be interesting to see how independents break in the general election.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 12:55:42 pm »

Brune is an attorney, but I have not seen any particulars on his positions on any issues.

I thought it was interesting that the votes cast on each side were pretty close - 1,928 for the Democrats and 1,869 for the Republicans.  That ratio is a pretty close approximation of the voter registration in Dist. 4.  It will be interesting to see how independents break in the general election.

For my part, I've always held strong to the notion that municipal politics is more about representing your constituents than it is about partison ideology.  I'm not sure that all parties vote party line when it comes to this level of office.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 12:58:40 pm »

Interesting that the emphasis has changed in this district from "protecting neighborhoods" to "encouraging downtown development". And "do the river" has all but disappeared.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 02:49:33 pm »

Interesting that the emphasis has changed in this district from "protecting neighborhoods" to "encouraging downtown development". And "do the river" has all but disappeared.

"Do the river" has been replaced with "Just do something, you dysfunctional fools!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 02:51:19 pm »

"Do the river" has been replaced with "Just do something, you dysfunctional fools!"

..."and stop smelling your fingers.  That's nasty!"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 02:52:00 pm »

..."and stop smelling your fingers.  That's nasty!"

I think I just peed my pants...just a little

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:27 am »

I'd like to congratulate Blake on his hard fought battle...his win...his tenacity to stay in office...

Congratulations on no one challenging you.  You got 'em scared and runnin'.  Keep on keepin' on.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org