A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:53:18 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City Council District 4  (Read 12758 times)
JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 12:06:31 am »

2.  PlaniTulsa--Maria worked on this from the beginning.  Much of the persuading & politicking went on behind the scenes, but I promise you that Maria was instrumental in assuring its passage.  If it weren't for her commitment to & support of the Plan, I doubt it would have ever passed through council.  She continues to play a key role, serving on the committee for the zoning code update, for example.

3. The Lift Program--Mayor Bartlett tried to cut this program, leaving hundreds of disabled & elderly people without any form of transportation.  Maria fought & persuaded other city councilor members about its critical need in the city.  As a result, many grandparents & parents in this city can remain living independently.

Maria was at tonight's meeting in Owen Park.... Maria has lots of signs in my neighborhood (not as many as Blake), so obviously, in a new district, she's doing something right....

I met a guy a year ago who moved from Rockford, IL to Tulsa..... to die. cuz he has family here.
No amount of thank-you's will thank Maria enough for keeping the lift program available for him --- pain patches, docs who either over-medicate him or insists he has yet another MRI or CT-scan.... I can't be there, and he's not family.... and I coulda got the same rent using roommates.com, but....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:50:58 pm by JeffM » Logged

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 07:36:12 am »

I voted about 7:30 this morning and I was #5.  I was the only one in there at the time.  Hoping for a better turn out.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 09:05:00 am »

Only since the lines were officially gerrymandered re-drawn.  Does that make my opinion of her any less relevant?

Of course not.  I was stating that because I thought the poster that addressed thought you did.

IF I was a resident of district four I would not be casting my vote for Maria Barnes.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 09:12:08 am »

I saw quite a few signs for District 4 candidates, including the only Liz Hunt sign I've ever seen, in District 9

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 09:26:21 am »

I am interested to see the total number of votes in the Republican and the Democratic Primary in the new districts.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 02:17:31 pm »

Is it the general belief that Barns will easily defeat Ken Brune?   It is hard to gage these things, but my neighborhood was added to this district and Brune has a lot of signs on my street and in the area.  I assume she will easily carry the holdover portions of Dist. 4.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 08:14:21 pm »

Is it the general belief that Barns will easily defeat Ken Brune?   It is hard to gage these things, but my neighborhood was added to this district and Brune has a lot of signs on my street and in the area.  I assume she will easily carry the holdover portions of Dist. 4.

96 percent of the Dem vote in and Brune is up by 8 pctg points (54 to 46)

Looks as if it might be Brune vs Blake, as Blake is up 25 points on Liz Hunt with 82 percent in

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »

Looks like Barnes will be out.  It will be Brune vs. Ewing. 

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 08:39:07 pm »

Interesting outcome.  For Blake's sake, I would have preferred a match up with Barns instead of Brune.  Overall, it was a bad night for incumbents.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 08:42:25 pm »

Interesting outcome.  For Blake's sake, I would have preferred a match up with Barns instead of Brune.  Overall, it was a bad night for incumbents.

Yep, only two retained, three (Christiansen, Eagleton and Westcott) I believe weren't running anyway.  Barnes, Turner, Mautino and Trail were all unseated.  I was a little surprised at Trail getting unseated, but the others..not so much.

Congrats Blake.  I'm not a Republican, but typically municipal politics isn't so much about party affiliation as it is about listening to your constituents.  If I'd have lived in Dist 4 I'd have likely voted for you.  Maybe you and Eric Marshall should consider a bid for Governor and Lt Governor at some point.   Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 08:46:48 pm »

Maybe you and Eric Marshall should consider a bid for Governor and Lt Governor at some point.

I would vote that ticket.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 09:42:14 pm »

I would vote that ticket.

Hell, I'd just love to be at the watch party

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 10:00:16 pm »

Hell, I'd just love to be at the watch party

That was the first thing I thought after that response.

Pizza and beer.  How much better could it get?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 08:32:41 am »

That was the first thing I thought after that response.

Pizza and MARSHALL'S beer.  How much better could it get?

FIFY.

There's Marshall's and then there's piss. 

Although I do have to say I've been enjoying Santa Fe Brewing's Nut Brown Ale lately.  It is pretty damn amazing.  I love walking into either Collin's Mid-Town Liquor or Ranch Acres and looking through all the beer offerings now available here in Tulsa.  It's like spending an hour browsing the shelves at the library Wink

/obligatory beer drift

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 08:38:09 am »

FIFY.

There's Marshall's and then there's piss. 

Although I do have to say I've been enjoying Santa Fe Brewing's Nut Brown Ale lately.  It is pretty damn amazing.  I love walking into either Collin's Mid-Town Liquor or Ranch Acres and looking through all the beer offerings now available here in Tulsa.  It's like spending an hour browsing the shelves at the library Wink

/obligatory beer drift

My apologies.  I thought it was a given as it regards to me that I only drink the micros, mainly Marshalls.  I haven't had a pint of the p-water in ages.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion regarding the District 4 race.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org