A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:22:42 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed at business with a water debt of $250.00 and City of Tulsa transferred bi  (Read 2008 times)
XEALS for THRILLS
Activist

« on: September 13, 2012, 12:27:10 am »

I had a debt of 250.00 on my business water bill.

I went broke and almost had to move back home.
My business store is an LLC
my question is with my business being an LLC and i was put on the water account as one of the managers
can they legally charge a resident the fee for water service when the company goes down the toilet?

I saw the charge on my residential bill.  They stated since I was one of the owners of the company i have to pay..

I know the right thing is to pay and i Plan too.

I just got a job 2 weeks ago but my water was turned off because I could not pay the cut off balance which was mostly the $250.00 debt from my company
please advise.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:04:59 am »

Conversion is illegal. Tulsa is a totalitarian city....
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:15 pm »

If you provided a personal guarantee, as most folks just starting out are forced to do, your LLC is meaningless as far as limited liability for debts is concerned.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »

If they already transferred it and cut you off, you're probably SOL, no matter what the right thing to do is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org