A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:33:57 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard about this?  (Read 2977 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« on: March 01, 2011, 09:06:31 pm »

Can someone give me any information on this project:
http://www.ecosteel.com/projects/Olive_District

Old, new, I have no clue.(cheesy, unintentional rhyme)

Also, where the crap is the Olive District, or is that the name of this project?

HuhHuhHuhHuh

I just accidentally came across this.
dsjeffries
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:17:03 pm »

I'd never heard of it but according to this website it appears that it was a proposal from 2008 by Micah Alexander, the developer of the East End.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:08:33 am by dsjeffries » Logged
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »

Link doesn't work.

East End. Say no more, it's dead.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:27:14 pm by ZYX » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:06:30 pm »

Link doesn't work.

Thanks.

Looks fine to me.

Quit using Lynx for your browser.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dsjeffries
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:07:35 am »

Link doesn't work.

Thanks.

Here's the URL: http://thistulsa.com/2008/04/urban-lifestyle-in-downtown-tulsa-loft-spaces/

And the East End is hardly dead. That is, unless you think that the Land Legacy and Talaas projects are just fluff, too.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:09:40 am by dsjeffries » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 11:20:28 am »

I believe Micah decided to move onto other projects once he was passed over for funding in V2025 that went to Sager for his lofts.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:40:19 am »

I believe Micah decided to move onto other projects once he was passed over for funding in V2025 that went to Sager for his lofts.

I heard he moved to Ottawa, Canada.  He laid the foundation for the East End with his own funds, I can only imagine what he could've done with V2025 funding..

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »

Here's the URL: http://thistulsa.com/2008/04/urban-lifestyle-in-downtown-tulsa-loft-spaces/

And the East End is hardly dead. That is, unless you think that the Land Legacy and Talaas projects are just fluff, too.

I was not saying that the East End is dead, just that most projects that have been proposed in the East End in the past just silently died.

Also, I am not sure about the Land Legacy project (haven't heard anything in a while) and whether or not it will materialize, but the Talaas project I think is pretty likely to happen. Now that they have announced that Talaas will be done in phases, and they are in the process of acquiring(sp) the first plot of land, my confidence in it has been largely boosted. My absolute favorite part of that project is the streetcar element. Even better is that the streetcar will be free to ride. I think this could help get car addicted Tulsans used to mass transit, and then hopefully we could get some kind of full streetcar system downtown within the next ten years.

I'm sorry if I came across in the wrong way with my last post. Thanks for the new link.
EcoSteel
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 02:15:46 pm »

Hello everyone,
I work with EcoSteel, http://www.ecosteel.com , and I am sad to say that the Olive District project is 99.99% dead at this point.  We are always welcoming any new projects in the Tulsa area from single family steel homes to large mixed-use projects.  Thank you all for you interest in the project.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org