A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:27:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unethical Business Practice @ Tech Ridge/NAI Petrous  (Read 2566 times)
CDL
Citizen

« on: May 06, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »

There’s a loop hole in the workers compensation laws. It’s possible to fire injured workers, before the doctor releases the employee to work. My employer; Tech Ridge Office Park, waited until the doctor released me to work on March 4, 2013, then told me that the company changed receivership back in Nov. 2012. I was told, my employment was not with Tech Ridge, but with the receiver; Kennedy Wilson. So technically I was never an employed by Tech Ridge.

Tech Ridge manager, Joy McCracken says, she did not give me notice before the doctor release, because I am not around and she seldom sees me. This is untrue. She received the doctors report from me in person, the first week of each month, and handled them for the employer.This document was required by my employer, and no one else has any right to handle it. Yet, McCracken continued to handle these reports in Dec, Jan, Feb, and March of 2013. Also, she had opportunity to share this information with me over the phone. I informed her by phone in Dec 2012 that I needed her to verify my employment, for an apartment in Tulsa, so that I could avoid the 100 mile to work and back from my home in Muskogee. She faxed a verification of my employment on Dec. 20, 2012, to the apartment complex, where I signed a one year lease. In this document, she provided false information. She indicates in this employment verification that on Dec. 20, 2012 I was employed full time as lead engineer at Tech Ridge, (A month after she now says that my employment ended) McCracken could have saved me from skipping out on my lease agreement, had she not done this.

Because I am physically unable to do the job, my attorney is trying to get more workers comp. McCracken now says she cannot provide a work reference, because of this claim against the company. How a claim against Kennedy Wilson, (the previous receivership) involves Tech Ridge, now that there is a new receiver (NAI Petrous), gives pause for question. The fact that McCracken was made privy to the claim against the Kennedy Wilson, suggests Tech Ridge/NAI Petrous is the employer, and have some responsibility in the workers comp. claim.

It’s quite obvious that what Tech Ridge did is unethical, but it should be illegal. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 06:37:40 pm »

There’s a loop hole in the workers compensation laws. It’s possible to fire injured workers, before the doctor releases the employee to work. My employer; Tech Ridge Office Park, waited until the doctor released me to work on March 4, 2013, then told me that the company changed receivership back in Nov. 2012. I was told, my employment was not with Tech Ridge, but with the receiver; Kennedy Wilson. So technically I was never an employed by Tech Ridge.

Tech Ridge manager, Joy McCracken says, she did not give me notice before the doctor release, because I am not around and she seldom sees me. This is untrue. She received the doctors report from me in person, the first week of each month, and handled them for the employer.This document was required by my employer, and no one else has any right to handle it. Yet, McCracken continued to handle these reports in Dec, Jan, Feb, and March of 2013. Also, she had opportunity to share this information with me over the phone. I informed her by phone in Dec 2012 that I needed her to verify my employment, for an apartment in Tulsa, so that I could avoid the 100 mile to work and back from my home in Muskogee. She faxed a verification of my employment on Dec. 20, 2012, to the apartment complex, where I signed a one year lease. In this document, she provided false information. She indicates in this employment verification that on Dec. 20, 2012 I was employed full time as lead engineer at Tech Ridge, (A month after she now says that my employment ended) McCracken could have saved me from skipping out on my lease agreement, had she not done this.

Because I am physically unable to do the job, my attorney is trying to get more workers comp. McCracken now says she cannot provide a work reference, because of this claim against the company. How a claim against Kennedy Wilson, (the previous receivership) involves Tech Ridge, now that there is a new receiver (NAI Petrous), gives pause for question. The fact that McCracken was made privy to the claim against the Kennedy Wilson, suggests Tech Ridge/NAI Petrous is the employer, and have some responsibility in the workers comp. claim.

It’s quite obvious that what Tech Ridge did is unethical, but it should be illegal.  

Yeah,....well, welcome to the real world of so many others... I have posted a similar story for a couple guys I know....

And apparently, even your own personal experience hasn't let you make the 'cause and effect' relationship between what you vote and the end result - your own present situation.  And workers comp is a big topic in the state right now!  They are doing everything they can to get the rates you pay even higher, and the benefits you get for that ridiculous insurance premium even lower than they are now.  Yeah....Failin' is the good choice....

Well, some people just gotta learn the hard way.  

As for me - well, I have been looking for a small office space and was looking at them very closely.  Now, not so much.  And yeah, I know they won't give a rat's backside about that.

What kind of air conditioning equipment did they put on the roof?  That may just clinch it for me....I'm kinda particular about A/C equipment.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
CDL
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »

heironymouspasparagus

I don't know what AC you like.
I've been doing HVAC work for 30+ years. As far as performance, there's not a lot of difference one brand to the next. But, I've found Trane to be more service friendly. They carry a high price tag, but compared to Lennox, they are much easier to troubleshoot and service. Because they are less complicated, service techs. require less time to find and fix the problems. This results in a smaller service charge, when you are paying by the hour.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 07:09:27 am »

heironymouspasparagus

I don't know what AC you like.
I've been doing HVAC work for 30+ years. As far as performance, there's not a lot of difference one brand to the next. But, I've found Trane to be more service friendly. They carry a high price tag, but compared to Lennox, they are much easier to troubleshoot and service. Because they are less complicated, service techs. require less time to find and fix the problems. This results in a smaller service charge, when you are paying by the hour.

The basic equipment all contains the same compressors, freon (old and new), copper tubing (except for that lousy micro-channel 'stuff'), and blowers and fans.  Big difference is the control and repair/troubleshooting schemes used.  Gotta love how Carrier just has a thermostat input terminal board for its basic unit (sarcasm).  York has an actual protection control board as its basic input scheme (which I like a lot....bias alert!!).  Their control board (Simplicity 1A) could easily be added to any of the other guys equipment, though, leveling the playing field and making them even more alike.  

Seems like it is tough to have that smaller service charge fall to the bottom line, though, on those shorter service calls....the dollars I write the check for....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:11:42 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org