A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:35:23 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verzion Jobs Coming To Tulsa  (Read 15799 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2013, 04:41:09 pm »

There's a difference between adding jobs in China and eliminating jobs in the US and moving them to China.

Also, just to be clear, I am happy about this announcement, but I still would like to know what, if anything, we're paying them to get these jobs.

Of course there is Nate.  Guido just can't pass up a chance to one up the enemy though, can he?   Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2013, 03:56:18 pm »

There's a difference between adding jobs in China and eliminating jobs in the US and moving them to China.

Also, just to be clear, I am happy about this announcement, but I still would like to know what, if anything, we're paying them to get these jobs.

Are jobs going to China? Yes.
Could these have been jobs here in America? Yes.
Are there less jobs in America as a result? Yes.
Will there be fewer Americans employed as a result of this decision? Yes.

There. Now, what's the import of the distinction you were trying to draw?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:36 pm »

Chrysler building an overseas plant is the same reason we can thank Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, BMW, etc. for building manufacturing plants here in the states.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 01:32:34 pm »

Do you ever read news from anywhere other than Drudge, Fox or the like.

Chrysler is NOT moving to China.  That's OLD news.  Wow.  You NEVER cease to amaze me.
Chrysler is going to build their Jeeps in China.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 01:36:10 pm »

Chrysler is going to build their Jeeps in China.

Chrysler Jeep To Be Built In China By Fiat, Chrysler And Guangzhou For Chinese Market

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/china-jeeps-fiat-chrysler-gac_n_2481642.html

You know what a "Derplahoman" is?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 01:50:17 pm »

Chrysler Jeep To Be Built In China By Fiat, Chrysler And Guangzhou For Chinese Market

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/china-jeeps-fiat-chrysler-gac_n_2481642.html

You know what a "Derplahoman" is?

Find his picture.  It will be alongside the definition there.

Wait..you actually have to live in Oklahoma to get the "Derplahoman" moniker.  My mistake.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 01:53:51 pm »

Wait..you actually have to live in Oklahoma to get the "Derplahoman" moniker.  My mistake.

I don't think you do anymore.  It's spread to define all of them.  We can just be proud it originated with our special folk.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2013, 02:05:12 pm »

After just looking at the bill my mother got for one night's stay at St John's over NYE, amen.

Seriously, you cant walk in the door for under four figures.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
shadows
City Father

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2013, 04:06:41 pm »

I just heard on KRMG radio that Verzion is bringing 500 more jobs to Tulsa, and it seems Mary Fallin played a big part in getting the jobs to Tulsa, they are not low paying jobs but good solid jobs at good pay. Mary Fallin is doing a great job on bringing jobs to Oklahoma and new jobs here in Tulsa! This is very good news for all of us!! Smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verizon is coming to town bringing Santa’s bag of half full of gifts. The promise Tulsa’s Santa is to unloading up too 500 high paying jobs. (By the news release it is hard to insert in an equation “up too”)  (Then also it is hard to insert the value of “high paying when that could mean 499 jobs at the proposed poverty level of the Repubs of $400,000.”)

The working poor should get ready for another pig in a plastic recyclable poke because they may make another contribution to “Quality Jobs” for the Burbs.

There is a catchy word in announcing Verizon is bring 500 jobs to Tulsa.   

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2013, 04:11:09 pm »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verizon is coming to town bringing Santa’s bag of half full of gifts. The promise Tulsa’s Santa is to unloading up too 500 high paying jobs. (By the news release it is hard to insert in an equation “up too”)  (Then also it is hard to insert the value of “high paying when that could mean 499 jobs at the proposed poverty level of the Repubs of $400,000.”)

The working poor should get ready for another pig in a plastic recyclable poke because they may make another contribution to “Quality Jobs” for the Burbs.

There is a catchy word in announcing Verizon is bring 500 jobs to Tulsa.   

Twenty years of the reign of the Moon having passed,

Seven thousand years & another shall take up his throne;

When the sun will complete its weary days,

Then accomplished & proven will be my prophecies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org