A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:13:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq Reverts  (Read 128864 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2014, 09:31:38 pm »

I've read that ISIS is largely financed through oil sales. Who are they selling to, and how are they transporting it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #331 on: September 11, 2014, 04:41:36 am »

Just finished listening.... will continuation of this thread be adequate or do we need a new one for Obama Iraq??

We shall see....I am still skeptical.  Will be watching closely at 8:45 tomorrow morning.
Weird pseudo-committal spaghetti at the wall speech. He went from trying to sound like he was in control, to talking about jobs and ebola.  It almost seemed like he was aggravated that he had to give the speech, and was forced to do so.

It was obvious that he is waging a painful debate against himself.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #332 on: September 11, 2014, 06:30:56 am »

Probably not.  They control areas with modern oil moving facilities.

Who is buying it?  ...well, besides us....   Should stop, except that would mean all those big SUV's would have to move less.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #333 on: September 11, 2014, 01:12:23 pm »

This is not good.  After last night's speech, Turkey, Germany, and (perhaps) Britain have backed out.  So I believe that leaves the coalition at just a handful of arab states (The Suni).  

That's not really a problem for us from a military standpoint because we have more than adequate air power, and the coordination with other allies is unnecessary, but it is a rather harsh political hit to a president who vowed a "Broad-coalition of partners" to counter previous claims that the 40 countries that partnered with us against Al Qaeda in Iraq somehow represented a president "acting alone."  

I didn't see anywhere where Turkey was going to restrict airspace, but I suppose they could.

http://www.debka.com/article/24262/Grave-setbacks-for-Obama’s-strategy-Turkey-backs-out-of-US-led-war-on-IS-Germany-UK-say-no-to-air-campaign
http://online.wsj.com/articles/obama-speech-gets-muted-gulf-region-response-1410414757?tesla=y&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204168304580147073831131074.html

Hopefully Saudi Arabia won't back out when they learn that the administration thinks "Saudi Arabia has an extensive border with Syria."

"ISIL has been I think a galvanizing threat around the Sunni partners in the region.  They view it as an existential threat to them.  Saudi Arabia has an extensive border with Syria." http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/09/10/background-conference-call-presidents-address-nation#.VBH-xrMzc7I.twitter
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:35:59 pm by Gaspar » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #334 on: September 11, 2014, 04:10:52 pm »

So where are the attacks?  Haven't heard/seen anything yet....

Lame-oid.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #335 on: September 11, 2014, 08:29:07 pm »

Just another Obama fail....!!   Should have had about half of ISIS dead by now...

About what I expected, but I always hold out hope at some level.....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #336 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:44 pm »

Just another Obama fail....!!   Should have had about half of ISIS dead by now...

I cannot believe I am going to say this, but:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2014, 05:03:07 am »

So where are the attacks?  Haven't heard/seen anything yet....

Lame-oid.
Well, according to John Kerry yesterday, "We are not at war with ISIS." We are just engaging in aggressive diplomacy with bombs, guns, drones, and soldiers.

He can't bring himself to use the word "war" against those who are beheading our citizens, and killing entire families and villages in the most horrible ways, but he won't hesitate claiming there is a war on women or any other number of political issues to scare up votes.

They are trying to avoid the optic of Shock and Awe, for political reasons.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2014, 12:55:34 pm »

Watching the news and it looks like several middle eastern countries are getting on board.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #339 on: September 13, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2014, 12:32:47 am »

Much like Curtis Knapp is a Baptist...also claiming to be Christian.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kansas-pastor-stands-sermon-government-kill-gays-article-1.1087886

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2014, 12:39:50 am »

I cannot believe I am going to say this, but:

I am so calm, it's hard to lift my arms to type this note....

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:31 am »

Dempsey was less than impressed and Hagel was less than impressive in the hearing today.

As Hagel put it, we are planning in a "modest" and long-term engagement instead of any "shock and awe."

Hagel did admit there would be about 1,600 US troops involved.  Even though both were sitting at the same table and representing the same "strategy" they looked and sounded like they had completely different understandings of what the plan was. Hagel was attempting to be political and not say anything that would upset anyone (but he failed with his "long-term" comment) and Dempsey just looked like he desperately wanted to do his job.

Now we just have to wait for the inevitable back-paddleing on the language, and incoherent post-back-nine commentary from the president.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2014, 12:53:53 pm »

The strategy unveiled.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU3rGr1ezMQ[/youtube]

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #344 on: September 16, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »

The strategy unveiled.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU3rGr1ezMQ[/youtube]

Kinda like the 'war on drugs'.  Ambiguous, undefined, imprecise.  Waste of time, resources, but most especially our kids!!

Either take it to them and exterminate, or just come on home and let them duke it out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxD-5z_xHBU

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org