A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:56:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq Reverts  (Read 128845 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2014, 12:05:19 pm »

ISIS has created a very odd group of allies to stop them. They are a separatist group splintered off of Al Qaeda and a threat to stability throughout the Muslim world. A lot of countries and Middle East leaders want them stopped

We are but a bit player in this so far. I hope the President can keep it this way. Yes, it is dangerous to work with former enemies and I don't trust many of the groups we are talking to. Maybe this can lead to improved relations in that part of the world.

This isn't just a terrorist group. They are a full blown military. That might make them easier to identify and defeat.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #316 on: September 10, 2014, 12:52:19 pm »

Maybe this can lead to improved relations in that part of the world.

Peace through weapons sales.  We've never really made that work.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #317 on: September 10, 2014, 12:56:00 pm »

Peace through weapons sales.  We've never really made that work.

Peace in the Middle East.  That's never really worked either.

I grow weary of the US being the World Police.  If they are a DIRECT threat to the US and/or it's citizens, then so be it, but measure the response, please.  It stands to history that 'shock and awe' only works for so long.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2014, 01:56:10 pm »

Peace in the Middle East.  That's never really worked either.

I grow weary of the US being the World Police.  If they are a DIRECT threat to the US and/or it's citizens, then so be it, but measure the response, please.  It stands to history that 'shock and awe' only works for so long.

Actually, history shows that we can either commit 100% or 0%.  If we try to contain or manage, we end up with prolonged and expensive military involvement that ultimately results in failure, and furthers the cause of our enemies. 

Our choice is to take on ISIS as an enemy, and utterly destroy them, or to withdraw from the region and allow these factions to sort out their own issues.  Any half-donkey attempts will produce half-donkey results, as Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Clinton, Bush, and Bush learned.

Unfortunately our weak messaging has positioned us (politically) so that we cannot withdraw, therefore our only choice for success is to utterly destroy ISIS.  Leaving any of the tumor intact will lead to metastasis. . .It always does.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #319 on: September 10, 2014, 02:47:32 pm »

Really hitting the fan today. This is Tim Arango of the New York Times explaining why we are here today with Iraq.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #320 on: September 10, 2014, 03:11:48 pm »

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: September 10, 2014, 03:55:43 pm »

BREAKING:  The Obama administration has identified the "moderate" Syrian rebel and will arm him.  His name is Abu.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:58 pm »

Yep!  That's kinda the whole problem with the lack of leadership we have been saddled with for so long. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2014, 07:25:13 pm »

Just finished listening.... will continuation of this thread be adequate or do we need a new one for Obama Iraq??

We shall see....I am still skeptical.  Will be watching closely at 8:45 tomorrow morning.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2014, 07:30:26 pm »

Funny....

Megyn doing her Ann Coulter thing.  Dana Perino trying to get credit for Baby Bush for phrases used by Presidents for many decades!  Well, at least they are sounding almost mildly rational....  almost.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2014, 08:03:51 pm »

I've read that ISIS is largely financed through oil sales. Who are they selling to, and how are they transporting it? It would seem obvious that applying pressure to the buyers - whether they're corporations or states - would dry up the money supply. And the means of transport would have to be either trucks or pipelines, both vulnerable to air attack.

But we're Americans, and anything that disrupts the steady flow of oil is heresy.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2014, 08:15:10 pm »

I've read that ISIS is largely financed through oil sales. Who are they selling to, and how are they transporting it? It would seem obvious that applying pressure to the buyers - whether they're corporations or states - would dry up the money supply. And the means of transport would have to be either trucks or pipelines, both vulnerable to air attack.

But we're Americans, and anything that disrupts the steady flow of oil is heresy.

Yeah....that won't happen.....

Good grief, WHAT happened to Rand Paul???   He is having a particularly bad hair day today!!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2014, 09:03:14 pm »

Yep!  That's kinda the whole problem with the lack of leadership we have been saddled with for so long. 

I agree. But thankfully these past five years have gone by fairly quickly.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »

I agree. But thankfully these past five years have gone by fairly quickly.

The last 13.

But there still may be hope for you....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2014, 09:08:20 pm »

Didn't listen to the speech. All I saw was this on Drudge. So we are going to war then?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org