A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:29:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shying Away From What's Right  (Read 3327 times)
IDWPNONOK
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:57:56 am »

I was listening to 1170 this morning and I heard DelGiorno telling his listeners it was time to take their kids out of public schools. I thought to myself, that's using a defeatist attitude and it's totally against what he usually stands for.

If you don't like what's going on in your school, why not take it upon yourself to get out there and spur change? Just pulling your kids out of school won't solve the problem. It means they will have won. I just thought this was a very poor message to be sending to his listeners, especially since they are going to be paying for school with their property taxes anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org