A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:14:39 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A DVR quandry  (Read 6586 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Danger

Our DVD player is much more complicated to me than the Tivo. And of course, I quickly become hooked on watching a program when I wanted to, in 2/3 the time because you can zap through all the commercials.

+1
I much prefer watching something on TiVo to a DVD because the navigation is so much simpler.
I think the ergonomic layout of the "peanut"-shaped remote has a lot to do with that.  

Because I tend to leave favorite programs on my TiVo I replaced it's hard drive with a larger one, which I dont think you can do with something rented from Cox.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Wilbur
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 05:47:52 am »

My TV has a DVR built in.  No need for cable.  TV Guide is also included, which allows the DVR to have a channel guide and program like any other DVR.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:53 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Danger

I got real excited about this, as our 3-year contract is set to expire soon. So I checked the Tivo site, but couldn't find anything about it. Got any additional info??

Personally, I find it worth it (at least for one), since the only thing that tends to go out on a TiVo is the hard drive, and I replace those with bigger ones anyway. I did have one original Series 2 have its power supply fail, but that's the only failure I've had out of 8 different TiVos I've had over the years. (6 standalones and 2 DirecTiVos..what can I say, gadgetry is an obsession of mine)

Since my 2nd and 3rd TiVos were activated prior to the price increase on the multi-service discount they're only $6.95 a month, so lifetime isn't a very good deal for those units.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:37:46 am by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org