A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:35:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sen. Steve Russell R OK Worst Person In The World!  (Read 5958 times)
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« on: March 31, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »

http://rackjite.com/archives/4791-VIDEO,-Olbermann-Worst-Person-Sen.-Steve-Russell-R-OK-anti-gay-law-oopsie,-Ricky-Flowers-prison-jumper,-Bud-Day-racist.html

Preaching against homosexuality should be legal? Another closeted Gay Old Party member?

Hoisted with his own petard!

" Oklahoma, thanks to both its marriage discrimination amendment and to state senator Steve Russell's own bigotted amendment is a fly over and do not land state.

This household does not reward hate and bigotry with its tourism dollar."

Let's stop thinking we can pour state taxpayers money into state tourism....the intellectual part of America won't stop here to visit or to gamble or to fish. But the militia types, only %24 of the GOP, might. Unfortunately, there's no cost benefit for that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:01:13 pm by fotd » Logged
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:45:49 pm »

State Democrats show some muscle on the stupid!

Hate-crimes exclusion bill killed in House committee

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=16&articleid=20100405_11_0_OKLAHO94267&rss_lnk=11

Just following up...
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:38:19 am »

I am sure all the liberals in Oklahoma will give me grief over this which is most of the forum posters but there should not be any hate crime laws. A 1st degree murderer should be punished no different than another 1st degree murderer. So shame on the democrats for supporting racist laws and other similar laws.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:12:52 pm »

I am sure all the liberals in Oklahoma will give me grief over this which is most of the forum posters but there should not be any hate crime laws. A 1st degree murderer should be punished no different than another 1st degree murderer. So shame on the democrats for supporting racist laws and other similar laws.
I would agree with you if there was not a pattern of violence being perpetrated against certain groups of people.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 12:33:57 pm »

I would agree with you if there was not a pattern of violence being perpetrated against certain groups of people.

The crime has no color, religion or sexuality.  The moment you give crime weight based on race, religion or sexuality you create racism as sure as if you were to give weight to positive social action based on race, religion or sexuality.  This is the act of judging an action as superior or inferior based on race.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 01:22:18 pm »

The crime has no color, religion or sexuality.  The moment you give crime weight based on race, religion or sexuality you create racism as sure as if you were to give weight to positive social action based on race, religion or sexuality.  This is the act of judging an action as superior or inferior based on race.
In a perfect world, I'd agree with you. In one with racists and homophobes, the message needs to be sent that we will not tolerate bigots using violence against the targets of their bigotry. They can say whatever they like, but when it graduates to violence, they deserve harsher punishment than someone who commits their crime out of desperation or even plain heat-of-the-moment anger.

It should be worth a sentencing enhancement at least.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 02:11:37 pm »

Pompus Gassieous,

NATE'S response is clear and I agree! " In a perfect world, I'd agree with you. In one with racists and homophobes, the message needs to be sent that we will not tolerate bigots using violence against the targets of their bigotry. They can say whatever they like, but when it graduates to violence, they deserve harsher punishment than someone who commits their crime out of desperation or even plain heat-of-the-moment anger.

It should be worth a sentencing enhancement at least."

Great Nate (keep the Roman's at bay!)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 02:12:18 pm »

. . . they deserve harsher punishment than someone who commits their crime out of desperation or even plain heat-of-the-moment anger.

That's not the qualification.  We already have a degree system that covers sentancing for "crimes of desperation" and "heat-of-the-moment anger".  We have first, second, and third degree crimes.

If someone mutilates and kills a white woman, and it was a planned attack.  He should be charged with first degree murder and sentenced accordingly.  No matter what race he is.

If someone mutilates and kills a black woman, and it was a planned attack.  He should be charged with first degree murder and sentenced accordingly.  No matter what race he is.

If his crime was based hatred of race, sex, religion, hair color, butt size, tung length, or fart smell, he should still be sentenced according to his crime.

The only way you could make a hate crimes bill effective would be to first establish a law making it illegal to dislike or hate certain races.  Racism is not illegal. 

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 02:19:11 pm by Gaspar » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 02:19:29 pm »

In a perfect world, I'd agree with you. In one with racists and homophobes, the message needs to be sent that we will not tolerate bigots using violence against the targets of their bigotry. They can say whatever they like, but when it graduates to violence, they deserve harsher punishment than someone who commits their crime out of desperation or even plain heat-of-the-moment anger.

How do you enhance a death sentence or life without parole?  Kill 'em twice? Spend their next life in prison?

Why is it the protection in these laws seems to favor black people, hispanics, or homosexuals?  Do people scream "hate crime" when a white man is shot by a black man, or a white woman is brutally raped and beaten within inches of her life by a black man?  Is it a hate crime when a homosexual kills a heterosexual?  

They aren't necessarily hate crimes, but the threshhold for that assumption seems a whole lot lower when it's a white hetero committing a crime against a "minority" than the other way around.

Why is it acceptible to have a Congressional Black Caucus or Black Police Officer's Association, but if there were a White Caucus or White Officer's Association, it's considered racist?

I'm primarily Welsh by heritage.  I want to know where my special considerations are.  Welshmen in the U.S. are a minority.

The only blatant racism I see anymore is constant race-baiting by white apologists and minorites.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 02:21:11 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 02:20:37 pm »

How do you enhance a death sentence or life without parole?  Kill 'em twice? Spend their next life in prison?

Why is it the protection in these laws seems to favor black people or homosexuals?  Do people scream "hate crime" when a white man is shot by a black man, or a white woman is brutally raped and beaten within inches of her life by a black man?  Is it a hate crime when a homosexual kills a heterosexual? 

They aren't necessarily hate crimes, but the threshhold for that assumption seems a whole lot lower when it's a white hetero committing a crime against a "minority" than the other way around.

Why is it acceptible to have a Congressional Black Caucus or Black Police Officer's Association, but if there were a White Caucus or White Officer's Association, it's considered racist?

The only blatant racism I see anymore is constant race-baiting by white apologists and minorites.

Racist.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 04:35:17 pm »

How do you enhance a death sentence or life without parole?  Kill 'em twice? Spend their next life in prison?

Why is it the protection in these laws seems to favor black people, hispanics, or homosexuals?  Do people scream "hate crime" when a white man is shot by a black man, or a white woman is brutally raped and beaten within inches of her life by a black man?  Is it a hate crime when a homosexual kills a heterosexual?  
If it can be shown a white person is killed because of the color of their skin, their killer should also be subject to the hate crime enhancement.

A single homicide rarely results in life without parole or the death penalty, hence the need for enhancements.

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 04:47:53 pm »

I'm primarily Welsh by heritage.  I want to know where my special considerations are.  Welshmen in the U.S. are a minority.

To answer your question, yes it would be considered a hate crime if the homosexual attacked the heterosexual based solely on sexual orientation. But if one person was coincidentally gay and the other coincidentally straight, and sexual orientation wasn't the motivation behind the attack, then the answer is no. Now, how you prove the motivation is a different story, but not a practice unfamiliar to those who prove first-, second-, and third-degree charges.

The reason that there are caucuses based on race is so that a group with a common identity can associate together. At the time of many of their foundings, it provided a voting bloc and a sort of protection from the institutionalized racism that existed (and some might argue still exist). This really isn't that out-of-the-ordinary though; I see it with religious associations all the time (Fellowship of Christian Athletes, etc.).

You are primarily Welsh, which places you under the caucasian umbrella (i.e. White). Our special considerations in the U.S. have been around for quite some time...

I guess that, as a white homosexual male, I can see both sides of the coin. I'm constantly careful about who I reveal my sexual identity to for fear of losing my job or getting attacked. At the same time, I understand the frustration of seemingly having my concerns passed over just because I am white.

Regardless, having had several friends and colleagues intentionally harrassed and attacked for nothing more than being identified as a homosexual, I am for hate crime legislation. I don't know if the value of the legislation makes as much sense to those who don't need the protection that it provides though. And that I also understand...

---Robert
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 04:54:34 pm »

Would a law make the hateful bully reconsider doing harm to homosexuals, blacks, asians or foreigners (illegal one's as well)? Mean people suck and need to be curtailed. After the civil war, lynchings were an everyday occurrence into the 1960's by haters below the Mason Dixon line. That nurturing continues today. Hell, we have stronger laws against animal abusers.

Bigots don't recognize racism. More than often, they claim reverse racism.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3dFbomu6-U[/youtube]

POMPUS CONANUS and POMPUS GASSSIUS.... 3...2...1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org