A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:13:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 243591 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #525 on: October 04, 2016, 09:11:32 am »

Giuliani: Trump 'better for the United States than a woman'

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-woman-229026

Of course he is!!   He is a man, for cryin' out loud!!  How can that NOT be better for the US than a woman?   In Giuliani World....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #526 on: October 04, 2016, 11:24:28 am »

And Obama is a Muslim. Anyone hear really think he meant what Politico says he meant?

Again, quit reading Politico.

This is the reason Trump is gaining support. The more people make up, the more people are drawn to him. Stop doing it. You are only helping his cause.

You really believe Trump is gaining support?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #527 on: October 04, 2016, 11:57:27 am »

And Obama is a Muslim. Anyone hear really think he meant what Politico says he meant?

This is the reason Trump is gaining support. The more people make up, the more people are drawn to him. Stop doing it. You are only helping his cause.

You are an amazing enabler. He is too deceitful to mean anything he says. I read the text and watched the video. The man is a moron when it comes to politics. He said something that every veteran I have repeated that to, even the ones who are thoroughly disgusted with Hillary and Democrats in general were offended. Everyone there seemed to know what he meant as well. His only defense is that he doesn't think before he speaks.

You are buying the spin. Apparently that isn't uncommon.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #528 on: October 04, 2016, 12:05:17 pm »

It's a good read.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/trump-foundation-probe-shows-ny-attorney-general-uses-office-to-protect-clinton-attack-her-political-foes/

I'll get to your economics stuff later when I have a little more time. I promise I am not ignoring it.

No, its not a good read. Its opinion on a very poor website. i'll take Politico any day over that crap. Look, he totally overlooks that the reason their is no discussion of Trumps slush foundation is that he didn't register it, meaning it is NOT publicly available to the government or anyone else. She is registered and he immediately surmises that the attorney general is protecting Clinton? You enable these folks when you give that much credibility to a someone who can't accurately determine who was being protected all these years the Trump foundation has been requiring donations from anyone who does business with him. Them using that money to pay bills.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #529 on: October 04, 2016, 12:13:17 pm »

She was the first that came to mind after a bit of mind searching, but I can't even say I respect her necessarily.  Perhaps Johnson doesn't find her as hot as you do.  She's got that Mrs. Doubtfire thing going for her that just doesn't do it for me  Grin

I trust that most any candidate is going to strive not to make the same mistakes Bush II did in terms of foreign policy and even if the next President's foreign policy is seen as being as tepid as Obama's, overall, Obama's FP doesn't seem to have anyone outraged other than proposing to allow un-vetted Middle Eastern refugees settle in the US or the decision to send briefcase loads of cash repatriate money to Iran during the time a very unpopular nuke deal was signed with them.

Fiscally, Johnson is making a lot of sense.  He and Weld have done a very good job as governors which is some good real world experience for leading government.  Aside from world issues, we have a lot of housekeeping state-side for which I think Johnson has great answers.

Am I concerned about foreign policy?  Certainly.  We have one candidate who appears to have a pay to play issue from her days as SOS, and the other is so impulsive with his temper nad mouth, it scares the living Hell out of me.  Johnson freezing under the lights now that he is finally getting attention is nothing new for someone finally being considered at least some sort of a factor in the race.

The media crucifying someone for the most minor of infractions is getting really old and stale for me. They want to make him out to be a crazy out-lier.  Believe that if you like, but the guy is making a lot of sense to me.

So now he says an uninformed President can be an asset?  Wow.

https://youtu.be/BBDJp5cRMQ8

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #530 on: October 04, 2016, 03:03:13 pm »

So now he says an uninformed President can be an asset?  Wow.

https://youtu.be/BBDJp5cRMQ8

I listened to this three times and never heard him say he thought an uninformed president was an asset.  The title on the video: “Gary Johnson thinks ignorance is an asset” was also clearly someone inserting an opinion.  This is yet one more example of how the media and others are trying desperately to make Johnson look like an outlier.  Minimize the threat by marginalizing the candidate.

Did you put this much thought or concern into Obama’s lack of foreign policy experience with his run in 2008?  He had as much experience at that time as Johnson does.  Did anyone put much thought into Bill Clinton’s lack of foreign policy experience in 1992?

If foreign policy experience were our primary concern here, Hillary wins hands-down.  I mean duh, eight years as a first lady who apparently was very engaged in policy then followed by several years as an SOS.

Foreign policy is but one part of the job. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:06:16 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #531 on: October 04, 2016, 04:02:13 pm »

It's NOT what Politico said - it's what HE said.  I heard him say it this morning.  That is exactly what Giuliani said.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #532 on: October 07, 2016, 03:22:07 pm »

There's no confusing what Trump said on this tape.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/index.html

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #533 on: October 07, 2016, 03:46:07 pm »

I listened to this three times and never heard him say he thought an uninformed president was an asset.  The title on the video: “Gary Johnson thinks ignorance is an asset” was also clearly someone inserting an opinion.  This is yet one more example of how the media and others are trying desperately to make Johnson look like an outlier.  Minimize the threat by marginalizing the candidate.

Did you put this much thought or concern into Obama’s lack of foreign policy experience with his run in 2008?  He had as much experience at that time as Johnson does.  Did anyone put much thought into Bill Clinton’s lack of foreign policy experience in 1992?

If foreign policy experience were our primary concern here, Hillary wins hands-down.  I mean duh, eight years as a first lady who apparently was very engaged in policy then followed by several years as an SOS.

Foreign policy is but one part of the job. 

It was the "...maybe I think too much". It was a stretch to call that ignorance as an asset to me but this is politics. Hoss, consider yourself duly admonished Smiley.

However, the guy doesn't think enough in my mind. He really could have, and should have distilled those remarks into a few well chosen remarks. like maybe, "look, even with the best minds and the best experience we haven't done too well with our foreign engagements" , "maybe experience is only part of foreign policy" or "I'm not so interested in admiring foreign leaders are as much as I am their policies". And then stayed away completely from any remarks about Syria and us shooting at ourselves. Showed a lack of analysis there.

Then of course he could have remembered to put the T in PTSD.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #534 on: October 07, 2016, 03:57:02 pm »

There's no confusing what Trump said on this tape.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/index.html

I'd like to say I am shocked, disappointed, etc. but I'm just not. Guys talk like that. Especially guys who have spent a life of celebrity and wealth, unencumbered by the morals and constraints the rest of us have. You know what you're getting with this guy. He didn't even think about the lapel microphone cause he wasn't running for office and didn't care if it became public. Now he is learning about constraints that politics imposes and how celebrity isn't too helpful.

I was much more surprised by Bill Cosby.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #535 on: October 07, 2016, 04:38:09 pm »

It was the "...maybe I think too much". It was a stretch to call that ignorance as an asset to me but this is politics. Hoss, consider yourself duly admonished Smiley.

However, the guy doesn't think enough in my mind. He really could have, and should have distilled those remarks into a few well chosen remarks. like maybe, "look, even with the best minds and the best experience we haven't done too well with our foreign engagements" , "maybe experience is only part of foreign policy" or "I'm not so interested in admiring foreign leaders are as much as I am their policies". And then stayed away completely from any remarks about Syria and us shooting at ourselves. Showed a lack of analysis there.

Then of course he could have remembered to put the T in PTSD.

My problem is that people are so sick of the two major party candidates that alot of people will rush to the alternatives without vetting them...just because.  I've read enough on both of the alternate candidates to know that I like neither of them.  This has been quite possibly the biggest farce precipitated on the American people and voters.  To think that we've whittled it down to these four.  My mother, grandmother (both liberals) and my grandfather (Reagan Republican) are no doubt rolling over in their graves.

How will history books record this election 40 or 50 years down the road?  This country's election system is broken and it needs fixing.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #536 on: October 07, 2016, 05:12:34 pm »

My problem is that people are so sick of the two major party candidates that alot of people will rush to the alternatives without vetting them...just because.  I've read enough on both of the alternate candidates to know that I like neither of them.  This has been quite possibly the biggest farce precipitated on the American people and voters.  To think that we've whittled it down to these four.  My mother, grandmother (both liberals) and my grandfather (Reagan Republican) are no doubt rolling over in their graves.

How will history books record this election 40 or 50 years down the road?  This country's election system is broken and it needs fixing.

It starts with new SC judges overturning Citizens United.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #537 on: October 07, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »

This is where I am right now, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-karel-bouley/america-has-fallen_b_12374696.html
Its not a pretty picture.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #538 on: October 08, 2016, 06:13:47 am »

About that "Trunp's support is growing" statement somewhere above; at this point in a campaign when a candidate is rapidly falling in the polls, his spokespeople insist that all the polls are biased and do not represent the reality of his support. Trump has already done this just as Romney did.

What's worrisome are the statements he's made about the election being rigged. Perhaps it's not surprising when his supporters say it will be legitimate if he wins but rigged if he loses. Most Americans acknowledge that our elections are free of corruption and fraud is so miniscule it has no effect on outcomes. But that's most Americans. Trump's support comes from low-information voters who distrust the system, people who see themselves as "patriots" and advocate violence to overturn election results that are not in their favor.

These folks will still be with us after the election feeling more marginalized than ever.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=mobilebar&v=1

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #539 on: October 08, 2016, 09:10:41 am »

About that "Trunp's support is growing" statement somewhere above; at this point in a campaign when a candidate is rapidly falling in the polls, his spokespeople insist that all the polls are biased and do not represent the reality of his support. Trump has already done this just as Romney did.

What's worrisome are the statements he's made about the election being rigged. Perhaps it's not surprising when his supporters say it will be legitimate if he wins but rigged if he loses. Most Americans acknowledge that our elections are free of corruption and fraud is so miniscule it has no effect on outcomes. But that's most Americans. Trump's support comes from low-information voters who distrust the system, people who see themselves as "patriots" and advocate violence to overturn election results that are not in their favor.

These folks will still be with us after the election feeling more marginalized than ever.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=mobilebar&v=1

In fairness (to myself) I said that at the beginning of the downward trend for Trump. I think it would be safe to say that there was a stretch where he was gaining in the polls. Hillary's "super bad week" or whatever it was in particular. I don't remember when that was.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org