A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:45:14 pm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 243597 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »

Trump Defends His Fake ISIS Video: "All I Know Is What's On The Internet"

http://factually.gizmodo.com/trump-defends-his-tweet-of-fake-isis-video-all-i-know-1764626302

Wasn’t that the Obama & Clinton line after Benghazi?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2016, 06:16:56 pm »

This election is a joke.  Reality TV Show

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/20/trumps_jackbooted_thugs_against_political_correctness_violence_fascism_and_the_real_assault_on_free_speech/

On Wednesday, 78-year-old, cowboy-hat-donning John McGraw was charged with assault and battery after sucker-punching a black protester named Rakeem Jones at a Trump campaign event in North Carolina. When asked by Inside Edition why he punched the young activist in the eye, McGraw replied that "we don't know if he's ISIS. We don't know who he is, but we know he's not acting like an American, cussing me…If he wants it laid out, I laid it out."

"He deserved it," the 78-year-old Trump fan added. "The next time we see him, we might have to kill him. We don't know who he is. He might be with a terrorist organization."

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:26:41 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2016, 09:04:52 am »

When asked where his knowledge on foreign policy comes from and who he consults:

I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853#ixzz43YAYJxEf

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2016, 02:05:17 pm »

Trump's wall, broken down.  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2016, 11:16:05 am »

Trump's top brownshirt arrested for battery:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/29/donald-trumps-campaign-manager-was-just-arrested-and-charged-with-battery/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2016, 11:25:14 am »

Serious?  Pushing someone away from a presidential candidate is now “battery”?

I’m not a Trump flak by any means, but we are turning into a nation of pussies.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2016, 11:40:59 am »

It was an unwelcome, unauthorized touching. Technically, I am guilty several times a day of the same thing.

I too am no Trump apologist, but I am stunned by how the establishment is taking him apart piece by piece. Its gruesome to see the media, extremists from both parties and celebrities combine to hate on him. People who wouldn't normally have coffee together are now united by common cause.  Yet, his followers are still sure he's going to be elected.

onward...through the fog
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2016, 12:01:06 pm »

"I never told anyone to physically assault anyone, and didn't tell them I'd pay their legal bills if they did."  - Donald Trump in a recorded conversation to the Washington Post, a couple week after a recorded speech in which he told the crowd to physically assault people that spoke out against him and then offered to pay legal bills if anyone did so.

And now his campaign manager is arrest for assault?  The hell you say! I'm biased here because I loathe Donald Drumpf to the core. But...

Serious?  Pushing someone away from a presidential candidate is now “battery”?

I’m not a Trump flak by any means, but we are turning into a nation of pussies.

A horde of reporters were following Trump. Trump's campaign manager decided he didn't like one of the reporters so he removed her using physical force. A man physically grabbed a woman and yanked her to where he thought she should be. Is that acceptable behavior?

A middle school kid would get detention if he physically pulled a classmate away from the chalk board. We have lower standard for presidential campaign managers?

Quote from: Florida Code 784.03
Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person’s will
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0784/Sections/0784.03.html

A battery is not necessarily someone getting beat up. The "touching" can be more of an offensive act than physical abuse. I agree wholeheartedly that this was not someone getting beat up, but it isn't acceptable.  They didn't charge him with domestic battery, aggravated battery, felony battery or any of the higher charges. This is the lowest available charge for battery.

He didn't want her asking The Donald a question, instead of being an adult and using his words he just yanked her away. If anything, a member of the press should get MORE protection from being manhandled by campaign politicians and those they employ.

If your wife was walking along Riverside and some man grabbed her and yanked her back like that, we'd have a significant problem. Mostly because she'd kick his butt, but I'd like to think we'd have a few things to say about it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:05:30 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2016, 12:12:07 pm »

"I never told anyone to physically assault anyone, and didn't tell them I'd pay their legal bills if they did."  - Donald Trump in a recorded conversation to the Washington Post, a couple week after a recorded speech in which he told the crowd to physically assault people that spoke out against him and then offered to pay legal bills if anyone did so.

And now his campaign manager is arrest for assault?  The hell you say! I'm biased here because I loathe Donald Drumpf to the core. But...

A horde of reporters were following Trump. Trump's campaign manager decided he didn't like one of the reporters so he removed her using physical force. A man physically grabbed a woman and yanked her to where he thought she should be. Is that acceptable behavior?

A middle school kid would get detention if he physically pulled a classmate away from the chalk board. We have lower standard for presidential campaign managers?
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0784/Sections/0784.03.html

A battery is not necessarily someone getting beat up. The "touching" can be more of an offensive act than physical abuse. I agree wholeheartedly that this was not someone getting beat up, but it isn't acceptable.  They didn't charge him with domestic battery, aggravated battery, felony battery or any of the higher charges. This is the lowest available charge for battery.

He didn't want her asking The Donald a question, instead of being an adult and using his words he just yanked her away. If anything, a member of the press should get MORE protection from being manhandled by campaign politicians and those they employ.

If your wife was walking along Riverside and some man grabbed her and yanked her back like that, we'd have a significant problem. Mostly because she'd kick his butt, but I'd like to think we'd have a few things to say about it.

The reporters bruises:

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2016, 12:29:08 pm »

I'm no fan either but these are the types of things that are making him MORE popular because of how ridiculous it seems. Again, there is plenty to go after without resorting to the outlandish. The guy is a jerk. Focus on that.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2016, 12:38:03 pm »

...because of how ridiculous it seems. Again, there is plenty to go after without resorting to the outlandish.

Why is it ridiculous? If I did this to a store clerk who I was upset with, I too would be arrested. We have lower standards for campaign managers treatment of the press than customer treatment of store clerks?  Hell, if I yanked my son hard enough to leave bruises on his arms like that the school would be legally required to report it.  Even if he utterly deserved it and I am, after all, his parent. It is my job to discipline him. Still... it might not be allowed.

Why is it outlandish? I posted the language of the law above, he clearly broke the law. We just aren't serious about that one? Then change the law. You can hate the fact that physical force isn't allowed. You can try to change the law to make battery illegal if you use "too much unwanted physical touching." But given what the law says... I don't get why it is ridiculous or outlandish.

I got it. I don't like what The Donald is saying. Can I slap him hard enough to leave a bruise on his face? Same level of forced used by his minions against a reporter (enough to leave bruising). Would you be surprised when I was arrested for slapping The Donald. Would that be outlandish and ridiculous?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2016, 12:53:31 pm »

Why is it ridiculous? If I did this to a store clerk who I was upset with, I too would be arrested. We have lower standards for campaign managers treatment of the press than customer treatment of store clerks?

Different standards apparently apply to different groups of people.  
For example, this broad new law from the trooper's union:

Senate Bill 55, by Sen. Kim David, R-Porter, and Rep. Lisa Billy, R-Lindsay, would make the act aggravated assault and battery if the person made physical contact with the officer.
The measure was requested by the Department of Public Safety.

As far as Trump's manager being singled out, its just one episode in a long string of manhandlings he should be held accountable for.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/19/caught-on-camera-trumps-campaign-manager-grabs-trump-protester-by-the-collar/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2016, 01:02:34 pm »

Why is it ridiculous? If I did this to a store clerk who I was upset with, I too would be arrested. We have lower standards for campaign managers treatment of the press than customer treatment of store clerks?  Hell, if I yanked my son hard enough to leave bruises on his arms like that the school would be legally required to report it.  Even if he utterly deserved it and I am, after all, his parent. It is my job to discipline him. Still... it might not be allowed.

Why is it outlandish? I posted the language of the law above, he clearly broke the law. We just aren't serious about that one? Then change the law. You can hate the fact that physical force isn't allowed. You can try to change the law to make battery illegal if you use "too much unwanted physical touching." But given what the law says... I don't get why it is ridiculous or outlandish.

I got it. I don't like what The Donald is saying. Can I slap him hard enough to leave a bruise on his face? Same level of forced used by his minions against a reporter (enough to leave bruising). Would you be surprised when I was arrested for slapping The Donald. Would that be outlandish and ridiculous?

I'd say if the store you were in was like Walmart on Thanksgiving, then you probably would not be arrested. Which is probably what the situation was like in this case. You are comparing apples to oranges. I am not saying there wasn't a law broke, but if you recite the series of events 9 out of 10 people will think it is ridiculous. Which is why Trump's support keeps growing. Because the perception is that most of these attacks are weak.

Regarding your last point is exactly what is happening to "The Donald". The only problem is Donald isn't grown up enough to be respectful in return. People get in his face figuratively and then he responds. To the instigators it is a gotcha moment. It's like one of my kids (Cam) hitting another (Jax) and then Jax retaliating. Then Cam complaining that Jax hit him. To me they are both in trouble because both acts are equally wrong. Inciting the violence is no better than the retaliation.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2016, 01:03:46 pm »

Yanking my wife by some dude or one of Trump’s lackeys relocating an individual (reporter or not) away from his boss is an apple v. orange argument.

From what I saw, Lewandowski more or less pushed her out of the way.  We don’t know if it was because he didn’t like her or he was charged with making sure The Donald’s exit was unimpeded.  Trump, as a leading presidential candidate, is now under Secret Service protection.  There is an entirely different protocol when you might well be the target of assault or assassination vs. a store clerk you got pissed off at or the kid who got pushed over on his skateboard because he came too close to a cyclist.

What would they have done had that been an SS agent?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2016, 01:26:06 pm »

Relocating? Without saying a word to her he grabbed her arm and yanked her backwards with enough force to leave bruising. If anyone "relocated" your wife that way, you'd have a serious problem. I doubt you'd give two craps about who their boss was.

A secret service agent, and all law enforcement agents, have a defense to battery if it is a lawful use of force. Donald Trump is under secret service protection, they didn't feel the need to remove this woman. The professionals in charge of his safety didn't touch her, a campaign manager did. He can assert defense of others as a defense... but in that there is zero evidence that sh was assaulting anyone it would fail.

And since when does the secret service protect presidential candidates from credentialed members of the press? I call shenanigans. They thought a Breitbart reporter was going to assault the Donald, so they had to assault her first? Stupid secret service not figuring that out, thank God the Donald's people had it covered!

And by the video she wasn't impeding anyone. Not that it would matter if she did. A Trump employee still wouldn't have the right to physically move her.

This woman was doing her job, asking a presidential candidate a question, when she was assaulted. By definition, that's what happened. Again, you can argue that the you don't like the law. That it should be legal to use physical force against people you don't like unless that force causes them to bleed (or whatever). But the law is clear. Even if you blow cigarette smoke in my face, it can be classified as a battery.

You are also right, such laws aren't universally enforced and they shouldn't be. But when it is high-profile and caught on camera, it is much more likely to be enforced. This same outcome would have happened if an NFL player or NBA player did this to some woman in public. If high profile people can assault women, why can't I? Or the same thing would happen if I yanked on a high profile persons arm in a similar manner.

Here is what the guy said before he realized there is a video tape of the incident:

Corey Lewandowski ✔ ‎@CLewandowski_
@MichelleFields you are totally delusional. I never touched you. As a matter of fact, I have never even met you.

The guy apparently assaults so many people he doesn't remember any particular incident. He said the same thing before video surfaced of him manhandling some protester.

erfalf:

These aren't kids on a playground. These are adults at the highest levels: a national reporter and a leading presidential candidate. I'm not advocating for ticky tack assault charges carte blanch - but if it acceptable for them to use physical force to get what they want, why not everyone else?

I agree that, with kids, you have to allow them to work it out by themselves to a large extent. If you knock down my card house, I kick your shins. But again, these aren't kids... what's she supposed to do - slap the Donald? And are you saying that by trying to ask The Donald a question she "was asking for it?" I know that's the law The Donald would advocate for, but that isn't the law. She can say anything she wants and they have no right to touch her. Think you should be able to assault someone for asking tough questions? Go change the US Constitution.

- - -

What's the alternative? Trump employees can use physical force against the press and the law just doesn't apply to them?

I damn well guarantee you that if Trump was walking past me and I reached out and yanked his arm hard enough to cause him to go backwards and leave a bruise --- I would be arrested. And I'm sure I would be sued by Trump. Same if I did this action to his campaign manager.

Why do they operate under different rules?

I the good old days someone would have beat the hell out of the campaign manager for man handling a women. In the really old days her husband would have shot the bastard. So maybe we are pussies for just arresting the guy.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org