A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:37:01 am
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1094332 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2100 on: December 20, 2023, 08:40:17 am »

This building is in for permit at 210 S Elgin (on the parking lot south of the Blue Dome).  Looks like a 2 story retail building fronting Elgin.  I would love to see more small-scale infill like this throughout downtown.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2101 on: December 20, 2023, 09:23:55 am »

Whoa, that's a surprise for sure. Guessing the owners of Arnies are behind it? Any idea of who the tenant would be? Between this and the redevelopment of Rose Pawn, the Blue Dome corner will look a lot spiffier very soon.

The proximity of the adult superstore might throw some people off, lol, but at this point that place is increasingly boxed in by gentrification.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2102 on: December 20, 2023, 10:16:05 am »

Whoa, that's a surprise for sure. Guessing the owners of Arnies are behind it? Any idea of who the tenant would be? Between this and the redevelopment of Rose Pawn, the Blue Dome corner will look a lot spiffier very soon.

The proximity of the adult superstore might throw some people off, lol, but at this point that place is increasingly boxed in by gentrification.

Yes, the owners of Arnies's and the Blue Dome. 

This is what is planned for Rose Pawn, they have already started interior work

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2103 on: December 22, 2023, 09:14:13 am »

I heard the Blue Dome building will have a wine shop on one side and they are looking for a tenant for the other side.  The front is recessed from the Elgin sidewalk so could be a good spot for outdoor seating with that big canopy. 

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2104 on: January 10, 2024, 11:43:48 pm »

This photo from the Tulsa World makes it look really bad:

I've looked at several of the drone photos of the Hodges building and the thing I notice is that the roof collapse seems limited to just the second floor of the building. Wasn't this originally a warehouse? If so it could be that while there was damage to the first floor, the second doesn't seem to have collapsed to the first possibly because the ceiling/floor was reinforced or concrete and that's why there wasn't any collapse of the exterior walls.

Hopefully the building can be saved and rebuilt.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2105 on: January 11, 2024, 09:11:32 am »

It doesn't look like it would be an RC floor from the outside... Based on the amount of water and heat damage, it would be hard to see the building being salvageable otherwise.

In other news, Baron's Lounge is taking the space of the old Rib Crib. Looks to be an "upscale" gastropub of some sort. I can't remember if it has been mentioned here or not.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2106 on: January 11, 2024, 11:10:52 am »

In other news, Baron's Lounge is taking the space of the old Rib Crib. Looks to be an "upscale" gastropub of some sort. I can't remember if it has been mentioned here or not.

Downtown, or the one at 50th & Sheridan that is being remodeled again (looks like it was a pizza place once)?
https://maps.app.goo.gl/CUVJxAMbYLeRENGU6

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2107 on: January 11, 2024, 02:41:08 pm »

Downtown, or the one at 50th & Sheridan that is being remodeled again (looks like it was a pizza place once)?
https://maps.app.goo.gl/CUVJxAMbYLeRENGU6

I believe that was a Ken's Pizza originally  before they opened Mazzio's in The Farm. I think that's the one and only Rib Crib that I ate at one time in the early 90's.

The building is the same generation of Ken's that is also a Rib Crib on the service road just east of 33rd W Ave and I-44. They closed that location when they built the Mazzio's at W 51st & Union.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 04:01:36 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2108 on: January 11, 2024, 05:43:48 pm »

It doesn't look like it would be an RC floor from the outside... Based on the amount of water and heat damage, it would be hard to see the building being salvageable otherwise.

Good that corner space has been vacant too long.  Now if just the IDL Ballroom space across the street can be redeveloped.. 

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2109 on: January 12, 2024, 02:23:15 pm »

Here's the webpage for Barons: https://www.baronson1st.com/

I agree that the IDL ballroom space needs to be activated again. Crazy that they are just letting that sit. I think one of you told me that it was going to become the office of Atento Capital
at some point, but I think they just got done expanding into the old Rusty Crane space. As I understand it, the owners of the Juicery next door are people who bought it out... Not sure what their motivation is besides not wanting the noisy night life next door, despite the fact that their operating hours don't cross much and it just makes their corner into a dead zone. Maybe they are just sitting on it waiting for the right deal, like so many other prime spots.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2110 on: February 12, 2024, 09:48:29 am »

Building permit issued for the small infill building next to the Blue Dome on Elgin.  Expect to see work begin there this week.

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #2111 on: February 12, 2024, 10:24:25 am »

That's a nice little infill project. Elgin is filling in nicely! Would love to see a 8 story mixed use building go where the Adult Superstore is.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2112 on: February 13, 2024, 12:52:51 pm »

They have indeed started work in the lot next to the blue dome. Fence is up.

Peeked inside Rose Pawn as I walked past and it looks like they have started clearing out the store, so probably getting going on that soon too.

Meanwhile, brickwork looks approx 80% complete on the Santa Fe Square building at the corner, at least for the three sides I was looking at. Really hauling on it now and getting it wrapped up. Need to finish it up so they can work on the middle building which is still waiting for brick. Noticed they started bricking the back side of it though.

Baron's looks to be finished... but they've deleted their social media content and their website is now empty. Only mention I can find of it is a post on Instagram from someone related to it that mentions it opening this spring?
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #2113 on: February 14, 2024, 05:12:49 pm »

NYU to establish an Academic Center in Tulsa with help from GKFF

Officials have announced that New York City-based NYU, in partnership with Tulsa's George Kaiser Family Foundation, will be establishing an academic center in Tulsa, with plans that include collaborating with local universities on research and other projects.

The center, to launch the spring semester of 2025, will be modeled after similar NYU academic centers in Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles and will support a variety of programs in research, innovation, economic and workforce development.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ed...1acbb4b0b.html

I actually saw this on the OKC Talk forum.  Pretty cool I suppose.  It will be located somewhere in the Arts District. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2114 on: February 14, 2024, 11:31:51 pm »

NYU-Tulsa is a pretty big deal.  The only other cities with NYU satellite campuses in the U.S. are in DC and LA.  Interested to see where they are going in the Arts District.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org