A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:51:42 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prepare for the 'stormgasm' tonight  (Read 7623 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: May 13, 2009, 03:42:07 pm »

Weather is shaping up to be particularly nasty this evening.  Those traveling please do be careful if you absolutely must travel.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Wilbur
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:05:36 pm »

I'm watching Frank trying to make something out of nothing........ AND MISSING THE SEASON FINALE OF LOST!

COME ON!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:06 pm »

+1 for correct usage of the word stormgasm.

The storm has cometh as we speak (which means I should have my computer off, but DANGER is my middle name)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hawkins
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:44:12 am »

Clark Howard was talking about an interesting check scam that I've never heard of before when they broke in on KRMG.

FAIL.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 06:45:45 am »

+1 for correct usage of the word stormgasm.

The storm has cometh as we speak (which means I should have my computer off, but DANGER is my middle name)
hehe, I was running my computer up until lightning stuck close enough that me and the dogs all jumped about a foot in the air.  At that point I promptly clicked save, and shut down. 
Gold
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:49:40 am »

I'm watching Frank trying to make something out of nothing........ AND MISSING THE SEASON FINALE OF LOST!

COME ON!

+1

I called Frank all sorts of names last night.  20 minutes in, I was proclaiming that we didn't really need Bartlesville or Hogshooter, anyway.  They should have just started where they left off in the episode and done the news late, but I guess they have to have permission to do that.  You can't suck people into a show like that and then not show the whole season finale, especially when the season finale of that show has become such a big deal.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 08:51:27 am »

I guess I'll have to rent this season's Lost collection when it comes out.  I missed the last six weeks or so with my house project.  I heard it was great last night.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 09:22:14 am »

I guess I'll have to rent this season's Lost collection when it comes out.  I missed the last six weeks or so with my house project.  I heard it was great last night.

The parts I watched were pretty good.  You can probably still catch up on all season at ABC.com.

My only complaint is that there are almost too many layers and too many peculiar things to remember.  Somebody is always turning out to be something else, someone is always getting the rug pulled out from under them.  Time travel stories sort of bring that with them.  I watch the show, often twice over, and I totally forgot about the guy in the van who kidnapped Miles ended up on the island with that Illana chick.  Just once, I'd like the something like the smoke monster to turn out to be some ride leftover from an amusement park in New Jersey.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 09:31:47 am »

I could just never get into that show; but admittedly I'm not a big TV watcher (save for my playoff hockey right now).

I'm sure people probably could not explain my fandom of the new BSG OR X-Files (up until the last two seasons, which I thought sucked).  I couldn't really watch the last season of BSG because of all the pent up tension between Starbuck and Apollo.  Jeez.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 09:37:56 am »

Frank Mitchell's "egg sized hail coming right at us" claim made me change channels.

The other weather folk I saw stayed relatively calm and didn't go shooting their gasms all over the "Doppler by god machine".

rwarn17588
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 10:06:21 am »

The other weather folk I saw stayed relatively calm and didn't go shooting their gasms all over the "Doppler by god machine".

TMI.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 10:55:54 am »

Frank Mitchell's "egg sized hail coming right at us" claim made me change channels.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Frank Mitchell looks and sounds like a Dana Carvey caricature?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 11:02:17 am »

American Idull was never interrupted....... 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Steve
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 11:18:30 am »

Got quite a bit of rain at my house at 26 & Yale, but winds were relatively mild and practically no hail.  I keep telling myself that the TV weathermen serve most of NE OK, not just Tulsa metro.  I have to keep telling myself that over & over to tolerate them.

Interesting that now with digital air broadcast, both Ch 2 and Ch 8 have 24-hour weather channels (2.2 & 8.2), yet they do not utilize these channels for their storm coverage.  They could keep uninterrupted shows from the network feeds on their primary channel, confine their weather babbling to the weather channels, and make a lot of people very happy in the process.  Maybe after analog is shut off in June, they will do this but I wouldn't hold my breath.
FOTD
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 11:31:50 am »

Terrific storm last night....you could feel the thunder. Reminded me of Phil Lesh's bass back in the day.

Recall the days before radar was enhanced and all we knew was there could be thunderstorms.

"Rain, rain, go away, come again another day"  John Aubrey

20 straight daze.....3' above normal?

Who'll stop the rain? The devilish heat of summer....

* Picture 013.jpg (18.9 KB - downloaded 260 times.)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org