A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 12:17:35 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 41st Street Bridge - Append to Obama's List  (Read 9041 times)
Wrinkle
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:12:29 pm »

Why isn't the 41st Bridge in the Mayor's Project List for Obama?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:29:21 pm »

There's a park in the way
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:56:57 pm »

Why do you think a 41st Street bridge is needed with one a mile south and another two miles north?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:08:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

Why do you think a 41st Street bridge is needed with one a mile south and another two miles north?

The one south will not be accessible from riverside shortly.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 02:12:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

The ramps are going? Wow
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 02:39:35 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

The ramps are going? Wow

Looking at the map, the ramp westbound will be gone, but the one east bound will remain. Granted, the map I'm basing this on is over 3 years old.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:43:07 pm by Nik » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 03:08:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

quote:

quote:

quote:

The ramps are going? Wow

Looking at the map, the ramp westbound will be gone, but the one east bound will remain. Granted, the map I'm basing this on is over 3 years old.

I think the eastbound "entrance" is really just skelly drive which takes you to peoria. You don't actually get on the highway until you pass Peoria.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 03:18:43 pm »

Again, an older map so it could've changed, but the onramp is between Riverside and Peoria.

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/meetings/a2005/051103/i44plans.pdf
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 03:24:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

quote:

quote:

quote:

The ramps are going? Wow

Nice. Let's isolate the westside even more. [xx(]
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 03:43:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

quote:

quote:

quote:

The ramps are going? Wow

thats slightly melodramatic. its one onramp.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 04:19:51 pm »

Well, you do have to wonder why the lack of connectivity isn't more of an issue.  What if there were fewer connections between midtown and south Tulsa?  Imagine if Harvard and Yale came to dead ends at 61st south, and then Sheridan connected, but Memorial and Mingo didn't...  (Ooooh! I've just imagined Utopia!)  There would be an outcry about the neccessity to connect south Tulsa with the rest of the city.  It would be deemed an economic development issue, a housing development issue, and an equality issue.

Why isn't there a similar outcry about connecting west Tulsa?
grahambino
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 04:21:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

quote:

quote:

quote:

The ramps are going? Wow

there's a texas turn-around at Peoria.  You're not losing an on-ramp.
grahambino
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 04:28:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

Well, you do have to wonder why the lack of connectivity isn't more of an issue.  What if there were fewer connections between midtown and south Tulsa?  Imagine if Harvard and Yale came to dead ends at 61st south, and then Sheridan connected, but Memorial and Mingo didn't...  (Ooooh! I've just imagined Utopia!)  There would be an outcry about the neccessity to connect south Tulsa with the rest of the city.  It would be deemed an economic development issue, a housing development issue, and an equality issue.

Its really no different than I-44, 244 or the BA, acting as a barrier to movement N-S.  You have to go out of your way to cross at many places.

I think there are much more pressing issues facing this city than a few thousand people living on the west-side having to drive 2 miles out of their way to cross a natural barrier.

Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 05:22:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

There's a park in the way

What Park? You mean the one that was supposed to be finished last September? It needs to be built before it can be in the way.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 07:00:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

Not the similar growth.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org