A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:27:42 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader Joe's  (Read 90132 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2015, 12:25:51 pm »

Are there no moderators on this forum? This forum is the worst forum I have ever been on with respect to the lack of "moderation".  I and I know others, get tired of clicking on a topic and hoping to read about it or participate in the discussion only to find the conversation has nothing to do with the topic. This was a good forum but I am now finding that it is practically worthless as every thread gets hijacked. If you want to talk about "beer or bbq" start a thread on it!

And to put my money where my mouth is, I will volunteer to be a moderator but know that this forum will be cleaned up. 3 warnings for hijacking threads, and I will boot your arse off.

Careful what you wish for.

Thread Hijacking is not the same as Thread drift. Conversations on here tend to follow like normal personal conversations and just venture from one to another. I don't think it's on purpose and it's at times hard to control drift.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2015, 12:33:47 pm »

As apt to drift as this forum is, I'd have to say the local news this morning played out as a Tulsa Now Forum recap.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2015, 01:59:28 pm »

My only gripe is when someone changes the topic to read. Re:
And you have no idea what it's about till you click on it.

Other than that. I have no problem with.......squirrel!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:03:03 pm by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2015, 02:04:19 pm »

I'm generally fine with the thread drift here, until it's crap like a thread on a school bond and a certain poster then praises the Wal-Marts and trail system in Omaha right out of nowhere.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2015, 04:47:18 pm »

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2015, 09:54:51 pm »

With a wild-a$$ detour to Ren and Stimpy land!!   Whew!  Talk about right out of left field!!

It would have only been a "detour" if you and others went on a tangent about it... like you just did with BBQ.

Anyway, seems like there's been so many rumors of a Trader Joe's over the last few years that I figured it'd only happen AFTER the liquor laws were changed.
Glad to be wrong.

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2015, 07:54:50 am »

It would have only been a "detour" if you and others went on a tangent about it... like you just did with BBQ.

Anyway, seems like there's been so many rumors of a Trader Joe's over the last few years that I figured it'd only happen AFTER the liquor laws were changed.
Glad to be wrong.

Let’s hope liquor law changes aren’t far behind.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2015, 08:34:23 am »

Looks like that was an easy snap shot for scene 2 news.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2015, 08:47:40 pm »

Let’s hope liquor law changes aren’t far behind.

Sounds like state legislators are going to pick at them bit-by-bit. Costco location includes a space for future liquor sales. Trader Joes is likely similar.
saintnicster
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2015, 08:49:01 pm »

My only gripe is when someone changes the topic to read. Re:
And you have no idea what it's about till you click on it.

Other than that. I have no problem with.......squirrel!
It's actually because of the Tapatalk integration. For some reason, it wipes out the subject line.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2015, 02:31:22 am »

Sounds like state legislators are going to pick at them bit-by-bit. Costco location includes a space for future liquor sales. Trader Joes is likely similar.

Just hope Kern and her lover Smoot don't get in the way.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2015, 11:02:40 am »

Just hope Kern and her lover Smoot don't get in the way.

Don't think Kern cares so much about alcohol as she does about teh ghey...and Smoot really doesn't have a say in it as he'd be excluded I think given his position in that crapstain of a commission known as ABLE.

Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2015, 12:53:34 pm »

Don't think Kern cares so much about alcohol as she does about teh ghey...and Smoot really doesn't have a say in it as he'd be excluded I think given his position in that crapstain of a commission known as ABLE. Wink

I think ABLE is struggling to stay relevant.  Smoot came right out and said they make no difference when DPS unveiled the latest ENDUI traveling circus, but they will be at it as long as the taxpayers (and forfeiture victims) fund it.
Oh, sorry, drifting...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »

Glad to be wrong.

Awww....how cute...

Well, since we all followed the Ren & Stimpy reference - hmmm...wonder who brought that in as the first detour point - followed by several notes about Oklahoma Joe's and Eskimo Joe's....

Yep!  I'm the main source of that detour all right.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:47:09 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2015, 07:17:45 pm »

Special detour just for TulsaRufNex....  Don't be 'Scott Sterling' anymore....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=730137053737853&fref=nf

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org