A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:57:02 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Einstein Bros. Bagels Opening Downtown Location  (Read 25450 times)
Callahan
Citizen

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 01:44:04 am »

I think every Einstein Bros. hours are 5am to 5 or 6 pm Monday thru Friday and 6am to 3 or 4pm Saturday and Sunday. They are not the dinner crowd or the after last call try to soak up the alcohol before you go home crowd.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 09:55:35 am »

The 71st & Yale Einstein is scheduled to open tomorrow.

Plans for downtown location are done and submitted to city for review and permits.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2013, 08:40:15 pm »

The banner for Einstein Bros. Bagels went up on the SW corner of 21st and Columbia (Midtown / Bryn-Mawr).
It replaces a recently demolished gas station, is nestled in a bunch of office buildings, and almost spitting distance from the closed Borders Books.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013, 10:08:52 pm »

I ate at the one on 71st a few weeks ago and it was O.K.  It had been years since I'd had an Einstein Bagel and I didn't remember if they were boiled or frozen.  But it was clear from the porous almost bread like texture and rubbery skin that these were not boiled fresh.  I always liked their coffee and some of their spaces are nicely done.  I will patronize them since they are committed to coming downtown. 

I am aware of the bagel shop in Brookside, but unfortunately I never seem to be in B-side during their hours of operation.  Are there any other bagel options of note in town?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2013, 01:34:28 pm »

The banner for Einstein Bros. Bagels went up on the SW corner of 21st and Columbia (Midtown / Bryn-Mawr).
It replaces a recently demolished gas station, is nestled in a bunch of office buildings, and almost spitting distance from the closed Borders Books.

A friend lives right by there and is glad to see that vacant gas station replaced.  Hoping the old Border's gets a new life soon, maybe as a small grocery store.  If Trader's Joes expanded to Tulsa it would be a good first location near a lot of wealthy neighborhoods. 

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2013, 02:39:07 pm »

A friend lives right by there and is glad to see that vacant gas station replaced.  Hoping the old Border's gets a new life soon, maybe as a small grocery store.  If Trader's Joes expanded to Tulsa it would be a good first location near a lot of wealthy neighborhoods. 

They finally took the Border's sign down.   Not sure what that indicates
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2013, 08:54:08 pm »

When TJ's does come to town they'll likely have only 1 location.  They typically don't operate multiple stores in pure markets of this size....but I'd agree this would be a great location for them.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 11:20:32 am »

When TJ's does come to town they'll likely have only 1 location.  They typically don't operate multiple stores in pure markets of this size....but I'd agree this would be a great location for them.

I've never been to a Trader Joe's, but in the Border's location, I would think the second floor would be a problem. Yes?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2013, 11:53:37 am »

I've never been to a Trader Joe's, but in the Border's location, I would think the second floor would be a problem. Yes?

I think this is about the time Teatownclown/Aox/FOTD would have inserted some sort of demeaning comment about obese people.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2013, 11:55:02 am »

I think this is about the time Teatownclown/Aox/FOTD would have inserted some sort of demeaning comment about obese people.
And here I am just wondering about shopping carts.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 12:38:09 pm »

And here I am just wondering about shopping carts.

Were shopping carts an issue when it was Borders?
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2013, 01:23:50 pm »

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »

Borders has an elevator.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2013, 01:35:22 pm »

Were shopping carts an issue when it was Borders?

Did people normally buy enough books to require a shopping cart?  Roll Eyes
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2013, 04:56:14 pm »

Did people normally buy enough books to require a shopping cart?  Roll Eyes

If they had, it would still be a Borders.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org