A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:08:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Arizona Massacre  (Read 95468 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2011, 09:10:05 pm »

After being on vacation for 7 wonderful days I come home, pop up the forums and I read....A few people here wrote what his was really about. People died, others hurt and recovering. More than one family has had their hearts torn out and one very disturbed man is in custody.

The remainder of you that decided to turn this into what it has become, political, should be ashamed. Insulting each other? CjC?? Really?

That 9 year old little girl had more class in her little pinky toe than all of you put together in your whole miserable lives. That man showed more love for his wife by laying down his own for her than I think any of you can imagine. But still you write crap over and over. Well please continue. For myself I will keep the families in my thoughts for a very long time instead.

We missed you too!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2011, 10:03:20 pm »

In this case, where a little girl was gunned down in the street, the fact that her family made the decision to think about another when they are suffering perhaps the worst possible pain is newsworthy. Perhaps the media was also trying to show some kind of a silver lining in this horrific story.

It reminds me of the family touring Italy when someone shot and killed their young son, and they thought of saving others and donated his organs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Green

To clarify, the story we were listening to made it sound like this little girl had made a conscious decison and discussed it with her parents at length at some point.  Not calling BS on the girl or family but I'm seriously calling BS on the media which is gleefully profiting from such sicko journalism and they know it.  That's why they sensationalize it so much.  I'm truly sickened by it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2011, 10:04:39 pm »

After being on vacation for 7 wonderful days I come home, pop up the forums and I read....A few people here wrote what his was really about. People died, others hurt and recovering. More than one family has had their hearts torn out and one very disturbed man is in custody.

The remainder of you that decided to turn this into what it has become, political, should be ashamed. Insulting each other? CjC?? Really?

That 9 year old little girl had more class in her little pinky toe than all of you put together in your whole miserable lives. That man showed more love for his wife by laying down his own for her than I think any of you can imagine. But still you write crap over and over. Well please continue. For myself I will keep the families in my thoughts for a very long time instead.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:25 pm »

Some of us are capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time. We did get more than a little acrimonious, though, and for that we all should be at least a little ashamed.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2011, 04:05:17 pm »

Rep. Giffords stands for the first time.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/19/giffords-stands-time-ariz-shooting/#ixzz1BXbVR4Fq

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

Weapons Grade Stupidity. "Hey, let's attack the parents of the surgeon treating Rep. Giffords for being Teabaggers"

http://www.page2live.com/2011/01/18/palm-beach-folks-of-giffords-doc-supported-tea-partier-christine-odonnell/?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2011, 10:38:10 pm »

JFC, that is some stupid pap.  Why on earth are people digging into the background of her surgeon's family?  Really?  Yeah divisiveness and pettiness is the sole pervue of conservatives.  I guess whatever it takes to take the focus off your own bitterness and hateful rhetoric.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:40 pm »

JFC, that is some stupid pap.  Why on earth are people digging into the background of her surgeon's family?  Really?  Yeah divisiveness and pettiness is the sole pervue of conservatives.  I guess whatever it takes to take the focus off your own bitterness and hateful rhetoric.

OK, how about this?  Someone already calling for her to vacate her seat?  Really?

http://theloop21.com/politics/who-controls-rep-giffords-seat-her-or-the-people-arizona

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »

I don't consider myself an unfeeling bastard but I'm starting to feel the play-by-play on her recovery is getting out of hand.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2011, 04:58:06 pm »

I don't consider myself an unfeeling bastard but I'm starting to feel the play-by-play on her recovery is getting out of hand.

I haven't watched the news in a week, just because I knew this would happen.  Leave the woman and her husband to their privacy.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2011, 05:05:17 pm »

I haven't watched the news in a week, just because I knew this would happen.  Leave the woman and her husband to their privacy.

CNN was showing the outside of her plane before takeoff and then after landing in Houston. 

Between that, the litigious texting fountain lady,and the kidnapped infant turned 23 year old family finde ,here was nothing else on the news.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2011, 05:09:27 pm »

And now here's someone that thinks Giffords should not be on the Armed Services Committee. What? She's dem? Nevermind.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/25/rep-loretta-sanchez-sparks-outrage-from-fellow-democrats-with-proposal-to-boot-giffords-from-armed-services-committee/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »

You uncaring bastard.

I hear you, I'm so tired of news as entertainment, so I vote with my remote.  I wish they would quit sensationalizing the news so the Springer crowd would go back to watching Springer instead of CNN.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2011, 06:19:19 pm »

You uncaring bastard.

I hear you, I'm so tired of news as entertainment, so I vote with my remote.  I wish they would quit sensationalizing the news so the Springer crowd would go back to watching Springer instead of CNN.

Not sure how a sitting Congresswoman who survived a very public assassination attempt by point blank gunshot wound to the head would attract only the Springer crowd. I mean, I am by no means a democrat and a "Springer" fan, but I do believe Giffords survival was nothing short of miracle.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2011, 12:42:50 am »

Not sure how a sitting Congresswoman who survived a very public assassination attempt by point blank gunshot wound to the head would attract only the Springer crowd. I mean, I am by no means a democrat and a "Springer" fan, but I do believe Giffords survival was nothing short of miracle.
It's not the event, but the fact that the media seems to think they need to cover every little detail about everything remotely connected to it, and nothing but that.  Next thing you know, they are going to have her hair stylest in an interview telling what she really thought of her dog.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org