A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:12:59 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bell's Amusement Park Re-Opens at Flea Market  (Read 4740 times)
OwenParkPhil
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:01:02 am »

I went out to the Flea Market the last weekend in May, 2012, and saw the amazing new Bell's Amusement Park. 

It has a four kiddie rides and an inflatable slide.  There were two Hampton rides, and a ride that revolved around a mushroom, some sort of kiddie worm train ride?, and an inflatable slide. 

It was just Robbie Bell and a helper. Robbie was directing and pointing different directions for the few minutes I observed.  The helper did nothing.  Robbie was wearing a cash apron, and maybe the helper operates the rides?Huh

I think each ride was four tickets, no clue as to the price per ticket.

No ride was operated or ridden the entire time I was at the flea market. Robbie had a headset on that had an antenna coming out of it.  Maybe he was taking instructions from Mars.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:06:49 am »

I'm just throwing this out there; does your phone have a camera on it?

We need pics to complete the image.

I thought the blow up rides behind the aquarium looked a bit sad but at least not that sad.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:08:18 am »

Very sad indeed. The rise and demise of Bells.
Oh by the way. Did you buy any fleas?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:02:57 am »

I went out to the Flea Market the last weekend in May, 2012, and saw the amazing new Bell's Amusement Park. 

It has a four kiddie rides and an inflatable slide.  There were two Hampton rides, and a ride that revolved around a mushroom, some sort of kiddie worm train ride?, and an inflatable slide. 

It was just Robbie Bell and a helper. Robbie was directing and pointing different directions for the few minutes I observed.  The helper did nothing.  Robbie was wearing a cash apron, and maybe the helper operates the rides?Huh

No ride was operated or ridden the entire time I was at the flea market. Robbie had a headset on that had an antenna coming out of it.  Maybe he was taking instructions from Mars.

Which Flea market?
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:34:18 am »

West 51st
OwenParkPhil
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:40:00 pm »

I did not purchase any fleas at the market.  Lord knows some of the people attending looked like they had fleas.  

I can't imagine what Robbie Bell was thinking when he located his rides out there, unless he figures the unwashed masses are Bell's core customer group....

I won't attend the Tulsa State Fair until they have flea-ridden people aplenty.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:42:31 pm by OwenParkPhil » Logged
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 07:30:28 am »

West 51st

Yikes! I went there once and I though I'd stumbled into Barter Town.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:32:00 am by carltonplace » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 01:42:41 pm »

Talk about embarrassing.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org