A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:11:17 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Market On 15th?  (Read 2937 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: August 09, 2011, 03:05:55 pm »

I noticed a new place where a hair salon used to be on the SW corner of 15th & Gary last night driving home.  Looked like it might be a small market, curious if anyone else has been in yet.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:32:16 pm »

You talking about Luna Bread, or something else?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:21:58 pm »

You talking about Luna Bread, or something else?

That's the one.  Have any 411 on it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:09 pm »

That's the one.  Have any 411 on it?
It's a local/organic restaurant. She who must be obeyed has been and liked it. She brought back a menu, which says their lunch hours are 11-2 Tuesday-Friday with dinner 5-9. Looks pretty good, but it seems a little expensive. Lunch sandwiches are about 10 bucks, although they have a gumbo for $8.50 and a soup for $6.50. Dinner looks a lot more reasonable, as it only goes up to about $15. I haven't been yet, but plan to see it for myself soon.

They've got a web site at http://www.lunabread.com

Edited to add: And speaking of the website, they apparently sell some bakery items and changed their hours.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:20:55 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
joiei
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:57:00 am »

Cris Foster who owns Lunabread has been a regular vendor at the Cherry Street Farmers Market and  the Brookside Farmers Market for a long time.  

Here is a review of Lunabread from back in January on Tulsa Food.  http://tulsafood.com/lunch/lunabread-bakery-restaurant

Here is another by Tasty Tulsa.  http://tastytulsa.com/lunabread-local-foods-emporium-it-doesnt-get-better-than-this/

Cris started out selling baked goods at the farmers markets.   

They are doing some good things.  I have been several times and enjoyed it.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:59:18 am by joiei » Logged

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 11:06:44 am »

They have some of the most awesome baked whole grain stuff I have ever had!

I sampled some of his pro-biotic, naturopathic, hippylicious, no-bake, honey millet thing once and though I have no idea what I was eating, it was one of the best things I have ever eaten!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:20 am »

My wife has been to the store several times.  It's nice but . . . really grass-rootsy.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 09:57:47 pm »

Cris Foster who owns Lunabread has been a regular vendor at the Cherry Street Farmers Market and  the Brookside Farmers Market for a long time.  

Here is a review of Lunabread from back in January on Tulsa Food.  http://tulsafood.com/lunch/lunabread-bakery-restaurant

Here is another by Tasty Tulsa.  http://tastytulsa.com/lunabread-local-foods-emporium-it-doesnt-get-better-than-this/

Cris started out selling baked goods at the farmers markets.   

They are doing some good things.  I have been several times and enjoyed it.  

I know who that is now!  Thanks Joiei!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org