A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:43:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Jacket Required  (Read 1983 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: January 22, 2009, 11:32:49 am »

No, not the Phil Collins album name (I am ashamed that I know that). Apparently, Obama is not wearing his in the oval office:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/21/a-major-bush-rule-gets-scrapped-by-obama/

It is well documented that I am not an Obama fan, but this "story" is just plain stupid and the reporter who thinks this is a story should be neutered immediately.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:45:51 am »

I like the formality rule in the Oval Office.  It makes sense to me.  Like a courtroom it is to remind you that you are somewhere important.

HOWEVER, it isn't Obama's style.  That makes sense to.  A more relaxed "get the job done" atmosphere.  An interesting tidbit, but not a story.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:09:58 pm »

I don't care if he's working in a t-shirt and bermuda shorts so long as he is working hard as promised.  Appears he is so far.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:33:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I like the formality rule in the Oval Office.  It makes sense to me.  Like a courtroom it is to remind you that you are somewhere important.

HOWEVER, it isn't Obama's style.  That makes sense to.  A more relaxed "get the job done" atmosphere.  An interesting tidbit, but not a story.

I think the surroundings (and the secret service) are enough to make you realize you're in a place of power.

Besides, do you keep your jacket on in your office? Wink (very few of the attorneys I know do..except when they're meeting a client)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 12:35:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I think the surroundings (and the secret service) are enough to make you realize you're in a place of power.

Besides, do you keep your jacket on in your office? Wink (very few of the attorneys I know do..except when they're meeting a client)

I wear slacks and a polo shirt almost always (except at court appearances).  I, apparently like Obama, are not about style over substance.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:58:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

No, not the Phil Collins album name (I am ashamed that I know that)...(snip)

Shouldn't be ashamed of knowing that Gweed; that was actually the very first concert I ever went to at the Brady Theatre in 1983 (back then still called the 'Old Lady on Brady'), and I was a HUGE Phil Collins/Genesis fan for years.  I still like their music.

OK, back to topic...I agree, it's stupid, but I see why it was done.  They're comparing the two Presidents and this falls in that category.  I actually watched it when this piece aired on CNN.  The MSM is on Obama overload right now.  It's starting to get old, though.  I don't really need to know that the Obama children got to meet the Jonas Brothers while the parents were dancing the night away.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 02:17:31 pm »

Not much of a story.

After all, Clinton was far more relaxed in the Oval Office.

OUCH!  

At least he still has his pants on.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org